Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Who banned Arc and why? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

YerPalAl

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

This is not in defense of arc, but the point has been made here as to why. A long time member is banned and no reason is given. I understand that this is not our site, it belongs to procyon and administered by the mods and that is where the decision was made, I understand that.

But what I want to know, and I am sure a lot of people feel this way, what was the line he crossed and where am I in relation to that line? It leaves all of us feeling like we are treading though a minefield never knowing if the next step is going to detonate the "BANNED" mine?

I love this site and am very glad to be back. I'd just like to know what is a bannable offense these days so I can be sure to avoid it.

That's all I'm sayin'.

bigbuck

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:48 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
This is not in defense of arc, but the point has been made here as to why. A long time member is banned and no reason is given. I understand that this is not our site, it belongs to procyon and administered by the mods and that is where the decision was made, I understand that.

But what I want to know, and I am sure a lot of people feel this way, what was the line he crossed and where am I in relation to that line? It leaves all of us feeling like we are treading though a minefield never knowing if the next step is going to detonate the "BANNED" mine?

I love this site and am very glad to be back. I'd just like to know what is a bannable offense these days so I can be sure to avoid it.

That's all I'm sayin'.

+1

Scrumpy

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:55 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
YerPalAl wrote:

That's all I'm sayin'.

+1

Brad and Al...I take the point but there's a huge difference between the way you two (and most everyone else here) conduct yourselves in comparison to Arc. I don't think you have much to worry about.

That said, it would be nice to know why he was banned.

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:57 am   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
kittie wrote:
This makes PSC just weird for me.

I agree. That's why I wonder if the "standards" have changed.

Would be nice to know what the "standards" are, btw, especially since they do seem to be stricter these last few months than in years past. Most every time someone is banned (or temporarily suspended), the rest of us are left wondering "why" or "why now?" Surely the "lines that have been crossed" can be worded in general terms that would apply to everyone so as not to breach the confidentiality of personal cases? Whatever precedent is set should be maintained as even-handedly as possible to avoid as much confusion and "weirdness" as possible. Just my humble opinion.

And again, maybe in Arc's case it was some "last straw" of a large pile of... um, straw. Confused

I'd like Arcaico to be unbanned/unsuspended sooner rather than later, too, but he has said he won't come back. We'll see... PSC addiction is awfully strong for most people. He did manage to quit smoking, though.

Eh, not NEVER come back... never come back under certain conditions. Confused

bigbuck

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

Maybe PSC needs to put it in 'black and white' on a 'terms of service' as you see on many websites/boards
ie
Quote:
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or in violation of ANY law. This is not only a forum policy, but legal action can be taken against you in accordance with appropriate law. This restricts the public posting of any private communications without the express permission of all parties involved in that communication, whether those be emails, instant message logs or any form of private messages. You also agree not to post or upload any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate in this forum.

Tarmac

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:10 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
YerPalAl wrote:

That's all I'm sayin'.

+1

+2

I've purposely backed away from this site due to the blatant mismanagement I've witnessed over the last few months. In the past, I've went out of my way and purchased many many memberships for lots of new or deserving people here I didn't even know as a loyal attempt to support PSC, however, to wake up this morning and find that Arc is now banned without appropriate explanation boils my blood.

MORONS!

splodge

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:36 am   Reply with quote         

not me, not this time, although i did warn arc to stop with the personal, rasist, bigoted atacks on another member in open chat, i think what he was saying shocked everyone in chat at the time, someone else pushed the button this time and rightfuly so

Hallcross Toots
anfa

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I tend to use the word "Fuck" a lot and nobody seems to be bothered!

YerPalAl

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:17 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
not me, not this time, although i did warn arc to stop with the personal, rasist, bigoted atacks on another member in open chat, i think what he was saying shocked everyone in chat at the time, someone else pushed the button this time and rightfuly so

Well, this pretty much give the reason, my curiosity is satisfied.

Thanks splodge.

Tesore

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck - Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:07 am

+1

anfa

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:41 pm   Reply with quote         

This place is losing it's spine and that bothers me!

splodge

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:47 pm   Reply with quote         

arc says if you miss being insulted in PSC try it on facebook, "Fabio Grachiki" add him to your friends

Hallcross Toots
Tarmac

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:55 pm   Reply with quote         

I've witnessed many piss fits in these forums that had no ramifications for the instigator.

Hell, I was once called a "Fucking Jew" (probably by anfa). Nothing ever resulted from it.

Point being, policy around here is vague, biassed, and sporadic at best.

The stupid Mod who did this to Arc should have timed him out for 1 Month. Second offense, 3 Months. Third offense, 6 Months. Forth offense, Banned for Life.

I think everyone has the right to have an occasional piss fit around here at one point or another, including the Mods, without any PERMANENT repercussion for the words said. For example:

ReyRey

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:43 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:

I'm bothered! Ban Anfa!!! Twisted Evil

Napalm32

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:46 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
anfa wrote:

I'm bothered! Ban Anfa!!! Twisted Evil

I'm bothered! Ban Rey Rey Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Who banned Arc and why? - Reply to topic