Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Who banned Arc and why? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Canuck <º)))><

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:51 pm   Reply with quote         

So there is hope for this place after all Wink

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:53 pm   Reply with quote         

i remember that and i meant it at the time, the site had been stagnating for over a year and any suggestion made by the mod's was totally ignored and we were still going down hill, i didn't realise proc could not code this site, but now grefix, tut and supa are running the development of the site thing are picking up slowly.
i don't think we will ever get back to the glory days, but i blame that on the amount of competition out there now, this site was unique, hand coded, but now anyone can build a simple voting site from a template from $4.99 a month

Hallcross Toots
ReyRey

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Tarmac wrote:
I've witnessed many piss fits in these forums that had no ramifications for the instigator.

Hell, I was once called a "Fucking Jew" (probably by anfa). Nothing ever resulted from it.

Point being, policy around here is vague, biassed, and sporadic at best.

The stupid Mod who did this to Arc should have timed him out for 1 Month. Second offense, 3 Months. Third offense, 6 Months. Forth offense, Banned for Life.

I think everyone has the right to have an occasional piss fit around here at one point or another, including the Mods, without any PERMANENT repercussion for the words said. For example:

Easy there "T" man. No need to slit your own throat.
No need to call the Mods stupid. They are trying their best
to help and protect everyone. I'm sure Arc pushed for a while
before he was banned. I'm not saying anyone was right.
I like Arc to but I'm sure if a nubie came in a said what Arc was
saying we would all want his head. I just think the Mods need our support
and not a continuous bashing. It's not fair. They are just trying to
do thier jobs. I'm sure Arc would get a second chance after a cooling down period.
I talked to him and he said he won't return anyways. I think folks need some
cooling down time. No need to throw gas on the fire by calling names
and pointing fingers. That solves nothing.
Jmho

splodge

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:05 pm   Reply with quote         

P.S. arc was never banned, he was warned, he ignored the warning after just a few min's then he got a time out, unfortunatly the "unban" button does not work as well as the ban button, it took months to get wiz back in

Hallcross Toots
Scrumpy

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Can we at least get him back in before the Premier League season starts? He's one of only 4 members in our fantasy league Confused

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=12375&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Scrumpy wrote:
Can we at least get him back in before the Premier League season starts? He's one of only 4 members in our fantasy league Confused

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=12375&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Fabio (through gmail chat): tell scrumpy I don't need to be in PSC to play the fantasy league

Scrumpy

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:

Fabio (through gmail chat): tell scrumpy I don't need to be in PSC to play the fantasy league

Tell him...I know that and it's cool he's in. It's just fun to have banter and trash talkin' shit on our forum. Wink

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Scrumpy wrote:
cafn8d wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:

Tell him...I know that and it's cool he's in. It's just fun to have banter and trash talkin' shit on our forum. Wink

Fabio (still on gmail chat): we can do that in facebook Wink

cafn8d

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:30 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:
cafn8d wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:

Fabio (still on gmail chat): we can do that in facebook Wink

Oh no! Am I going to get banned for aiding and abetting a banished scofflaw? Shocked

Wink Razz Laughing

Scrumpy

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:34 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:

Oh no! Am I going to get banned for aiding and abetting a banished scofflaw? Shocked

Wink Razz Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
P.S. arc was never banned, he was warned, he ignored the warning after just a few min's then he got a time out, unfortunatly the "unban" button does not work as well as the ban button, it took months to get wiz back in

That's just a pi55weak response splodge.

The facts remain;

-Arc's a long-time paid member of this site, not just a noob-troublemaker.
-He's done far more good for this site than bad (but if you bait him, he will bite)
-Nobody knows where this banning line is. (I've seen atrocious behaviour here that was never addressed)
-There are no clear rules.
-Clearly different mods have different standards of acceptability.
-Clearly there is little to no communication/consultation between mods (since noone knows who 'pushed the button')

Who's next to go?

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Well quite frankly PSC is not and will not be the same without Arc, I could rattle on for days as me and Arc love each other like brothers Laughing

Seriously though, he may be an absolute Shunting Muppet, but he is entirely ours. Without the characters, bad, good, weird or unhinged, this place would be so much poorer.

Enough said.

bigbuck

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Well I just had a long chat with Arc over at FB and he said;

He was wrongly labelled a racist.
He has no intention of returning.
If anyone wants to chat or some PS help, go over to facebook....
....and that the powers that be can....kiss...

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Banning Arc from PSC is like removing Jalapeño’s from your fajitas's, it removes the zesty bite, however you'll feel better in the morning without the fire down below... Twisted Evil But truthfully, even though Arc would push a lot of buttons here, I think he was joking around most all of the time, the way friends do.

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Dear kids,
This is outta hand.

I'm on my phone and won't be on my computer for about 4 or 5 more hours. I would ask that you all step away from your keyboards for a few hours and when i get home I'll try and put some rational words on this thread.

Yes Splodge, that means you, too. Wink

Love
Mom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Who banned Arc and why? - Reply to topic