Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Who banned Arc and why? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:33 pm   Reply with quote         

TJ wrote:
Arc who? Before this thread is locked, just want to put in my 2 cts. in. I've read the thread and like MJ, the bastard it dead..... move on.
Back it the day, he was great. But please show me WTF that f**cker did but bitch and put people down in the last year.

Happy he is out!

EJ

tell me you're not equating Arc with Michael Jackson....

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
TJ wrote:
Arc who? Before this thread is locked, just want to put in my 2 cts. in. I've read the thread and like MJ, the bastard it dead..... move on.
Back it the day, he was great. But please show me WTF that f**cker did but bitch and put people down in the last year.

Happy he is out!

EJ

they banned Michael Jackson too?......so THAT'S how he died!!!

I told him, "Michael, if they ban you...you'll be dead by time your 50"......That's what I told him!!!

Tarmac

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:21 pm   Reply with quote         

I like Arc.
He seems to be provocative, but his goal is not to disturb or offend.
He's just giving his opinion, and I think he's generally right... or funny... or amusingly provocative.

Maybe sometimes he just needs to find better words... Laughing

So... see you soon Arc!
Smile

TJ

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
TJ wrote:

Happy he is out!

EJ

No. Just the F**king idea that this guy is dead and do we need to talk about it for days.
Did You find something good that you can share with me EVE?

I'd love to see it...

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:06 am   Reply with quote         

TJ wrote:
Eve wrote:
TJ wrote:

Happy he is out!

EJ

No. Just the F**king idea that this guy is dead and do we need to talk about it for days.
Did You find something good that you can share with me EVE?

I'd love to see it...

Not sure how to respond to this, Todd. You say like Michael Jackson Arc should be dead? That's harsh.
His M.O. is speaking his mind. Sometimes...ok, most times, it's stuff ppl don't want to hear. But Arc has always been a contributing member of this site...for the better or the worse.

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:17 am   Reply with quote         

I know Splodge has said he is going to (finally, imo) lock this thread. I do not wish to add "fuel to the fire," but I do hope this will give someone a little "food for thought" before it is deleted. I don't know if I really need Blurker's soap box. It's just something that makes sense to me... well, here's two cents anyway:

It does not matter which Mod pulled the trigger for banning / suspending Arcaico. With every banning, there are protesters and supporters. Our Moderating Team is not going to let themselves get picked apart by the mob. Not every Moderator may have agreed with every disciplinary action, but as a team they do their best to keep things running smoothly.

But the "why" of Arc's banning, or indeed, of nearly every banning I've witnessed since I joined PSC, is actually very simple. It is the one thing that all of these bannings, temporary or permanent, have in common:

They did not heed the warnings.

It does not matter what the behavior was, or whether anyone thought it was funny or hurtful or benign. It does not matter if it had the noblest of intentions or was the lowest of trollings. It does not matter if you have done the same thing, whatever it is, a million times before without anyone mentioning anything. If a Mod (or Admin) tells you to stop, you do not have to agree with or even understand the reasons why.* But you do need to stop. *(You can always ask that person "why" later, but I strongly suggest choosing your words wisely and knowing when to quit that discussion. Rolling Eyes)

You have been warned.

PSC is ever-changing and fluid, like a river: sometimes deep, sometimes shallow, sometimes wide and fast, sometimes almost a stagnated trickle or seemingly frozen solid. Every incident and user needs to be considered on a case-by-case basis. How big is the splash? How far-reaching are the ripples? Just because something may have been said or done before doesn't mean it can still go with the flow today. If you are told you are on thin ice, you had better get back to shore or you risk breaking through.

Okay, I'll stop stretching that metaphor... dam it! Wink But I think I've made my point. If you're told to stop doing / saying *whatever,* then
STOP!

Synthvet

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:25 am   Reply with quote         

Caf.....you misspelled damn..... Rolling Eyes

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:30 am   Reply with quote         

why lock this thread? Given enough time and Arc will be able to read through it himself.

I'm anti-thread locker. Why? Because stuff needs to be discussed. The lock-down is like saying, "Get back into your cells, whatever you have to say isn't important."

bah

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:30 am   Reply with quote         

Synthvet wrote:
Caf.....you misspelled damn..... Rolling Eyes

Looks right to me!

-caf.

Oscar

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:37 am   Reply with quote         

Am just here for moral support ... let arc back in. He might be the biggest ass but he is our biggest ass!

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:46 am   Reply with quote         

Caf has a really good point. A lot of times when someone is asked to stop something, it's because of they way they are handling a situation. Their side of the argument may be the morally correct side or the logical side, but that doesn't mean they need to berate the person or people on the other side of the argument.

If one person is being abused by another member, they have plenty of options as to how they could respond. They could do what the other person is doing, and abuse them in return (not physically obviously... but I'm sure you know what I mean.) This response is the worst way to respond. This, in all likelihood, will cause the other person to escalate their response. In some cases both people will escalate until someone crosses a line. When the line is crossed, the person who crossed it is either warned, or banned if they've already received a warning.

Another option is to ignore the other person. Admittedly, this is much easier said than done. If you ignore the person, it's likely that they will lose interest, but it's not guaranteed.

One more option is to take it to private messages. This keeps it out of the public eye, and gives you the opportunity to say what you want to say the way you want to say it. With that said, it's a good idea to try to act civilized, because you can still get in trouble for harassing someone via PM.

You can also take it off-site. MSN, Facebook, MySpace, and plenty of services are at your disposal on this thing we call the internet. Use them to keep private issues private.

Finally, you can tell a moderator. After all, that's one of the things we're here for. It doesn't make you a snitch or coward. A moderator will bring it to the attention of the other moderators, and will decide if the person should be warned. If we decide someone needs a warning, we typically pick one moderator to let the person know.

I will say, things don't always work like this. Sometimes actions need to be taken quickly. In that case, it's common for the action to be taken, and then posted for the other moderators to comment and discuss. If it's determined that the action was unnecessary, too harsh, or even too light, it is adjusted.

Just try to think about things before you lose your cool. It's pretty hard to get banned around here. If you keep your cool, or keep it private, you should be okay.

-Trey

bigbuck

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:36 am   Reply with quote         

Not really sure about this temporary ban thing....
Being the stubborn bastard that I am, when I get my 'temporary ban', I will simply delete my 459 entries and never return.

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:34 am   Reply with quote         

I'm sure that day will never come... unless you use the term "guacamole hole" in a racial context.

bigbuck wrote:
Not really sure about this temporary ban thing....
Being the stubborn bastard that I am, when I get my 'temporary ban', I will simply delete my 459 entries and never return.

nancers 04/05 @ 10:40 pm
I like beefhead. He's such a noob. Guide him someone, please?

nancers 04/06 @ 08:41 pm
Because you don't count beef. JMH decided that when you were a noob.

PooDeFuego 06/23 @ 03:32 pm
BEEF YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!
splodge

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:56 am   Reply with quote         

i passed away peacefuly in my sleep lastnight, so the topic stays open

Hallcross Toots

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Who banned Arc and why? - Reply to topic