Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Need Inspiration - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Mir

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:55 am   Reply with quote         

I feel a bit stagnant and was wondering if anyone has discovered any good new tutorials or anything else which might help start the creative juices flowing again.
supak0ma

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:07 am   Reply with quote         

take a vacation Wink

yello_piggy

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:07 am   Reply with quote         

I tried this view weeks ago, and worked fine: get some material out of recycling center, and build something physically out of it. use paint, screws, wood, metal, glue, tools for a certain project. This little trip out of digital world let everything flow again.
and show the result in the forum! I would show mine too, but my output was completely pervert, so I keep it from this place Laughing

annajon

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:30 am   Reply with quote         

And, if you don't want to hurt yourself with nails and hammer, then you could also try to use an old newspaper page, some nice paint, some cute photo's from magazines, and some paste plus paintbrushes, to create yourself a work of art. Photographs on the forum - to show off.

Why use an old newspaper page? So you can save money. Canvasses are great, but expensive.

You could even use an old piece of cloth, paste that on the old newspaperpage, if you want that canvas feel in your work.

In this type of work you can use other materials as well, to create texture, as long as they are not to heavy they do damage to your masterpiece.

Have fun Mir.

yello_piggy

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:37 am   Reply with quote         

I have to admire: Sometimes I watch Bob Ross ... and I like it kind of Embarassed

Cartoon Contractor

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:50 am   Reply with quote         

Mir wrote:
I feel a bit stagnant and was wondering if anyone has discovered any good new tutorials or anything else which might help start the creative juices flowing again.

I haven't got a clue! Laughing Laughing I stare at the sources like a drunken zombie! I think the right side of my brain died a long time ago! Very Happy So I could use some advice also! (where is the praying smiley?) Smile

TheShaman

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:59 am   Reply with quote         

Lord, I feel a bit stagnant and was wondering if you could help me find some inspiration...

ASK and ye shall receive!

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:10 am   Reply with quote         

yello_piggy wrote:
I have to admire: Sometimes I watch Bob Ross ... and I like it kind of Embarassed

ptt ptt shwush and there is another happy tree that lives on the bottom of this hill, down by the lake.

Mir

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:27 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the suggestions, please keep them coming, some of these sound really good.
DaVinci

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:28 am   Reply with quote         

yello_piggy wrote:

Bob Ross is (was) King! king

kittie

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:34 am   Reply with quote         

Something that helped me last night was to take one of the sources, (even if you don't plan on entering it..) and use only the source to create something totally different. Some people here already do this for chops, but I don't very often and it can be fun to just see what you can come up with. It really turns on the creativity and it can be rewarding to see what you come up with in the end!

DaVinci

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:52 am   Reply with quote         

Also some more variety in source photos will help Rolling Eyes

seamusoisin

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:06 am   Reply with quote         

Beer and or tequila seem to do wonders. Rolling Eyes Seriously choppers block is always short lived and worrying about it is the best way to prolong it.

P.S. The occasional "Dutchie" can do wonders. Laughing

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
Designed2522

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:00 pm   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
Beer and or tequila seem to do wonders. Rolling Eyes Seriously choppers block is always short lived and worrying about it is the best way to prolong it.

P.S. The occasional "Dutchie" can do wonders. Laughing

I SECOND THE DUTCHIE!!!! Very Happy

Designed2522

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:05 pm   Reply with quote         

DaVinci wrote:
yello_piggy wrote:

Bob Ross is (was) King! king

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Need Inspiration - Reply to topic