Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Objection to yesterday's winner... - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Paul Von Stetina

Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:31 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
janetdog wrote:
I don't know what's worse, A completely sniped $50 dollar winner or A $50 winner with only 25 votes.

I've heard crabs is bad. Don't know personally though. Confused

Just in case Tofu.... Laughing

Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:45 pm   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
I don't know what's worse, A completely sniped $50 dollar winner or A $50 winner with only 25 votes.

JanetDog...Remember when getting over 10 votes was good and getting over 20 was really good and getting over 30 was considered amazing. Laughing

Paul Von Stetina

Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Chopper wrote:
janetdog wrote:

JanetDog...Remember when getting over 10 votes was good and getting over 20 was really good and getting over 30 was considered amazing. Laughing

That's how I feel about my work now... Crying or Very sad

nat_g31

Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:07 pm   Reply with quote         

gran,

I do agree that had I seen the external I probably would not have voted for it. I thought there were various elements in play and he put it all together. Regardless, a win is a win and the image was appealing.

With that said, had I created the original, I would probably be upset that someone posted the image with minimal changes as their own work.

I would have no issues had the external been posted from the get-go. Oh well, time to move on. . .

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
janetdog

Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Chopper wrote:
janetdog wrote:

I won with 8.

But, We didn't have 25 to give away back then.

Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Here's one of mine that won a contest that heavily used the external image:

The external image:

I agree, it's not as cool as seeing something like Claf can put together, but if the image looks cool and some chopping was involved, then I don't think it should necessarily be flagged and pulled from a contest.

bigbuck

Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:25 pm   Reply with quote         

pakimo wrote:
There are loads of winning images on here that uses this amount of source vs externals. Just take a look on the recent tomatoimage that just won, or the burned hand, or the car. And thats in the recent 10.

So it is not unusual that this happends. Smile

I think you react the way you do because the external image was more powerfull than usual.

Very Happy

I don't think it's about the amount of external source used. It's that the naive voter might assume that there has been a lot of PS work going on...

....and I suppose there has....by the wallpaper creator....not the person who used it as their external.

I suppose this is where the anonymous comps are a little flawed. If it was a normal daily, the chopper would have been called straight away for using an obvious wallpaper as 97% of their chop. Voters will have seen comments and voted in a more 'informed' manner.

Whether intentional or not, it's the sort of chop that can be a bit misleading to voters that don't instantly recognise it as a wallpaper.
A http://tineye.com/ search shows that this image is all over the web at wallpaper sites etc. Maybe this guy over at devo is the actual artist, since he's selling prints?
http://webby85.deviantart.com/art/my-wonderland-59915280

janetdog

Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Maybe spike should send webby85 $49.50 or 99% of the winnings. It is offered for sale.

Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:18 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge

Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:16 pm   Reply with quote         

i was going to do that, i think he did enough the copyright he cut off was not the original

Hallcross Toots
TJ

Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:37 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
I think the voters are to blame. Do your homework. Ask questions.
Be a smart educated voter. Make the world a better place. Very Happy Laughing Cool................yeah yeah.......I know..........I'm an asshole.....Sue me.
I think we should send the money to the guy who made the source. Cool

I hate to admit it, but I think your right Rey....... you are a asshole and thinking of suing your ass.

just kidding!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I wish now that the exterial was included with the entry. I don't have the time to investigate all that I vote for.

Very simple...I went big and thought this was a ton of work, liked it and voted.

I try to use my own stuff as externals and will go out of my way to create them if needed, but sometimes its to damn easy to google it. I'll keep going what I do and will try to add a link to what I brought in.

If anyone has a problem with my thoughts.... sue Rey first. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good call Gran Smile

Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:43 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:

ok! I see the owl now! great job! amazing. Rolling Eyes

glennhanna

Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry I missed the contest. Here is my entry. I literally spent seconds upon seconds with this masterpiece. It's a collage I would like to call, "Dances with Wolves and Bears".

Inspired by this source.... http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e340/prairie_prrw/movies%20pictures/Dances-with-Wolves-Print-C10293200.jpg

as you can see, the different cropping makes it original to me now.

Mir

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:36 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:

I don't think it's about the amount of external source used. It's that the naive voter might assume that there has been a lot of PS work going on...

....and I suppose there has....by the wallpaper creator....not the person who used it as their external.

I suppose this is where the anonymous comps are a little flawed. If it was a normal daily, the chopper would have been called straight away for using an obvious wallpaper as 97% of their chop. Voters will have seen comments and voted in a more 'informed' manner.

Whether intentional or not, it's the sort of chop that can be a bit misleading to voters that don't instantly recognise it as a wallpaper.
A http://tineye.com/ search shows that this image is all over the web at wallpaper sites etc. Maybe this guy over at devo is the actual artist, since he's selling prints?
http://webby85.deviantart.com/art/my-wonderland-59915280

I totally agree,I for one had not seen this wallpaper before and not knowing who had posted and therefore his ability to do this from scratch or not I just thought it was a great entry and voted for it.
nat_g31

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:10 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
bigbuck wrote:

ok! I see the owl now! great job! amazing. Rolling Eyes
Laughing

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Objection to yesterday's winner... - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.