Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Intuos - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

jerryhami

Post Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:42 am   Reply with quote         

Granulated

Post Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:16 am   Reply with quote         

jerryhami wrote:
http://intuos.wacom.com/Americas/?gclid=CPGcj-uyy5wCFRkGswodIQklNA

YES..buttons and stuff at the side and not on the top !!!

wonder if they've made it easier to replace the nibs. I broke a pen once trying to unscrew it.

Arrow

Cartoon Contractor

Post Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:29 am   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
jerryhami wrote:

wonder if they've made it easier to replace the nibs. I broke a pen once trying to unscrew it.

Arrow

My nibs just pull out! Then you just stick another one in!

jerryhami

Post Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:01 am   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:
Granulated wrote:
jerryhami wrote:

Arrow

My nibs just pull out! Then you just stick another one in!

Yup that's what I do. CC
I did almost break a tooth once trying to pull it out.

sonic3

Post Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Was looking at one of those the other day, really want to upgrade from my Bamboo Fun and this looks really good Cool

Saving money at the mo so it will just have to wait Crying or Very sad

MonkeeDrummer

Post Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Yep, thats what i wanna get too! Very Happy
They r sooo cool... and it'd b a huge upgrade from my tablet pc.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Sweet Shocked
I doubt any of these new models are on craigs list yet, but just for kicks, I was looking for them last week in my area, (south Fla.) and I found more than a few people selling them for good prices, so if you're on a tight budget, keep that in mind, you could pick up a slightly used one for like half the price. Wink and don't forget ebay either.

Post Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:29 pm   Reply with quote         

i am so gonna order one Shocked

Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:55 am   Reply with quote         

I have the intuos4 Large, was just delivered the other day.

nibs are very easy to replace, it has 10 in the pen holder as well as a remover, but i can grab and pull it out with my finger nails too.

the buttons on the side are all easily programmable as well as the dial. this thing is freaking nice, solid, and feels great..
Pen is very very sensitive to pressure and to angle, all of that is programmable.

It dont run off of any external power source aside from USB, the mouse and pen takes no batteries. The USB (on the large has 2 ports, one for each, left and right hand settings.

The customization of the buttons and stuff actually says what you want them to say. When the mouse is on it, it all stays lit up.
if you remove the pen and mouse from it, the only thing that stays lit up after a bit is the dial indicator dot.

If you are running vista, be sure and download the new driver for it, otherwise your pen probably wont work outside of the photoshop boundaries. The mouse works fine though, has 5 buttons including the wheel button.

you can set custom key shortcuts in photoshop and program the button, dials, pen, mouse all to work with them as well.

FYI... This was in an email directly from intuos (because i always ask about coupon codes)..
As long as you buy one that is sealed and new, intuos will still cover it with their warranty. so I did some research, and got mine for 420 bucks.

Get one, you will love it.

Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:30 am   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:
Was looking at one of those the other day, really want to upgrade from my Bamboo Fun and this looks really good Cool

Don't be so hasty...
When my Intuos died I got a Bamboo to tide me over and found that it's just as good as the Intuos.

sonic3

Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:20 am   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
sonic3 wrote:

Don't be so hasty...
When my Intuos died I got a Bamboo to tide me over and found that it's just as good as the Intuos.

Really!
Mmmm maybe i'll keep it a while longer then and buy a new camera lens instead Smile

Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:47 am   Reply with quote         

Think the most important thing to consider between a bamboo and intuos is certainly the tiltsensitivity (bamboo has none) if you do a lot of 'freehand work' (painting, drawing, etc...).

If you don't really need it then a bamboo could certainly be a good alternative (if you think 512 pressure levels is more then enough instead of 2048)

Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm planing on buying one by the end of the year, (a large one) since here in Brazil it's about $2500 for an intuos, I'm gonna travel to the U.S and buy one there..it ends up being cheaper hehe Shocked
I like my bamboo, a lot, but the pressure sensitivity in it sucks.. free hand drawing get's pretty rough...
For someone who does less drawing and more photoshop, bamboo is a much cheaper and yet a very good alternative..

Granulated

Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:31 pm   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
I'm planing on buying one by the end of the year, (a large one) since here in Brazil it's about $2500 for an intuos, I'm gonna travel to the U.S and buy one there..it ends up being cheaper hehe Shocked
I like my bamboo, a lot, but the pressure sensitivity in it sucks.. free hand drawing get's pretty rough...
For someone who does less drawing and more photoshop, bamboo is a much cheaper and yet a very good alternative..

Maybe you need to tweak the settings using the tablet control panel. The pressure sensitivity is excellent on mine.

rockyjob

Post Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
rockyjob wrote:

Maybe you need to tweak the settings using the tablet control panel. The pressure sensitivity is excellent on mine.

Thanks for the tip gran I'll check it now..

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Intuos - Reply to topic