Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - SPLODGE ROCKS - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

blue_lurker

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:22 am   Reply with quote         

You pommy bugger,

We talked about this so many times in MSN, and we had a deal mate we both agreed, “No sudden disappearances from PSC”. I guess you have a good reason so I’m letting you off this time OK. Mate I’m going to miss the hell out of you.

So I guess this is it mate your one last ride, and what a trip it has been for you and the many others that you have touched in your life, both in the real world and in the cyberworld. Mate you have made such a difference in so many peoples lives and especially to mine.

I remember the first time I e-met you it was in chat and it was a long time ago and we chatted about surfing. It was like we had been mates forever, over the years I think we had all the typical ups and downs of any mateship good bad and freakin annoyingly fustigating we argued, laughed, had fun and picked on the Morons.

You were so many things to so many people, A lover and friend to Tina, a father and a grandfather, (weather you like it or not), a friend to so many in both worlds, a flasher (He knows what I mean), friend to badgers, spam monkey, a moderator, mentor, web designer, computer repair man, scavhunt king, keeper of the class photo, digital artist, vodka drinking, no shit taking good mate.

You were always there when needed and you were needed a lot by a lot of people, yeah you’re a grumpy old bugger and ya hates stupidity but shit, you never said no when people needed help that you could give. PSC, Hallcross, facebook and so many game sites are going to be the lesser for you not being around. For me there will always be a hollow echo around PSC adchat in them late hours, when few people are around and not much happening I would wonder if you were awake, playin face book games or just looking around your beloved PSC. It will be a colder place there now but you are more than welcome to haunt adchat any time you want mate, I will keep a look out for ya.K.

Last but not least I want others to post here and remember, smile and tell us what splodge meant to you post a quote or photo or chop, its about remembering.

I know you hated long threads, and Im sorry this is so long mate. I will end this with the one thing you always told me, and man it is more true now than ever before.

YOU ARE TO GOOD FOR US

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:37 am   Reply with quote         

Back in the 60's I think...I'll miss you bigtime Splodge, you were always there brother, and you always will be too Wink

annajon

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:44 am   Reply with quote         

Amen to that Blue.

The first day I ventured into advantage chat, after I bought advantage, I spend a whole weekend online, chatting to this dude, who was missing his Tina so much, she was out with her bow and arrow doing a festival somewhere he said.
It was such a strange experience, to e-talk to somebody you had never seen before and after a few hours get the feeling that it was part of your family you were talking to.
Splodge was omnipresent here on PSC. I realised that yesterday when I noticed how many things he set up, and for how many events he was holding the key to the treasurechest.
Those are big shoes to fill for anyone who will come after him for sure.

He and Tina are forever my online big brother and sister, and I will always remember him that way. And boy... am I glad that I got everybody jalous with his vote on the teddybear chop I did of him not long ago.... Smile

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/157585/patches-moves-to-splodge.html

Granulated

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:39 am   Reply with quote         

nice words Andrew.

mellowdesign

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:43 am   Reply with quote         

Awwww Hug

L@rue

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:44 am   Reply with quote         

I cannot beleive it, for the present moment, I cannot find the best words to explain my sad heart pain
For sure I will have to live that pain for the next few months
I will never forget that MAN he was more than a friend he was my Brother

Tesore

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:14 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:50 am   Reply with quote         

Yes, thanks splodge, from all of us.

pixievamp

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:45 am   Reply with quote         

splodge was one of the nicest dudes ive known, within a few minutes of talking to him you felt like you'd known him for years. i remember the first time i ever met him in the hall cross pub within 5 mins we were sat there blabbering on about photoshop for hours lol, and you could always count on him to say or do something that would make you laugh, i couldnt believe it when i heard the news, we were just in shock. R.I.P man xxx
tina if you see this hun, anything we can do please let us know, our thoughts are with you.
*hugs*
sian xxx

JORDAN792

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:12 am   Reply with quote         

Oh my god, This is terrible. Splodge was such a big part of this site. Anytime I had any computer questions or questions about the site, or just anything, I knew I could trust Splodge. I didn't know him as well as some of you but I do know he was a good guy and he will be missed greatly. He was too good to us lot. Sad

jerryhami

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:59 am   Reply with quote         

Part of my daily surfing is to run through the day's chat looking for crazy pics Splodge would post. It is so sad to click chat, scroll down and there is no Splodge in green at the bottom.

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:06 pm   Reply with quote         

I have no images to post, I don't know why I didn't save any, but I didn't.

Splodge was an old timer like me. We often joked about who could get more images "banned" by the mods (before we were mods). I believe I won that contest, but there was one contest of note where we both got our images banned from the contest for showing man ass.

He got a big kick out of that...always mentioned it over the years.

My image is posted below. He had the original men (I removed them, they were jogging on that road) running with toilet paper draped to cover what I think he called "parts".

That was one of my favorite memories between Splodge and myself. There were so many of them, I just remember he got a big kick out of us both getting images removed on the same day.

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:19 pm   Reply with quote         

I know (I think) he's being cremated and not buried, but anyway, a fitting epitaph (I hope).

Post Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:04 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with all of the above.

(thread bump)

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:18 am   Reply with quote         

from the heart, to a friend I never met.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - SPLODGE ROCKS - Reply to topic