Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Am I on a wrong site ALREADY? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

bogonet

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:40 am   Reply with quote         

Browsing a while back, before i registered here, the past contests and the entries where the top ones got over 50-60 votes, I realized that this place is a launching pad for newcomers who want to dramatically improve their skills with the aid of the outstanding pieces of art of some great artists who post here.

Now I am a little (more) confused of what is the meaning of nowadays contest and here is my example :

It's not the author of this "work" who bothers me (could be anyone, anonymous) , people are free to post anything, moderators can make comments, etc, BUT I'm more concerned about why people are voting this unless this was an open petition for introducing a new GROSS, YUCK , or whatever you want to call it CRITERIA among the others - exection, idea, theme, etc... and I missed that, because it so disgusting that is not even funny a bit.

Please enlighten me again what is ACTUAL purpose of this site, apart of (even the opposite) to education of artistic feel, esthetics and creativity. I'm very confused at the time being.

I am aware that this post won't make me popular, BUT what I consider more important is to give some good example to those who wants to embrace this digital art. I, for one, have registered here because , accidentally, i got to browse ReyRey's works and I was amazed, then I registered and felt honored to be among some other great names (judging after their outstanding stuff they did), improving myself.

Have a nice day,
bogo

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 am   Reply with quote         

bogo, please do not take this personally, as it is more of a general thought than a direct response to you specifically.

I laugh at how seriously this site is taken sometimes. It often seems to get romanticized into something more than it's name would indicate. While the education, artistry, aesthetics and creativity have become an integral part of this site, I think that the intent of this site is still the same as what it was originally. It's a contest site. Where people can enter the type of chop that they wish. Sure, the site has "matured" into more than the fast and (subjectively) funny chops of the early years. But that doesn't make those chops any less valid than some of the "artistic masturbation" seen in more recent years. And yes, I do acknowledge that many members weren't around back then so they wouldn't have seen what kind of chops were being made.

-beef

nancers 04/05 @ 10:40 pm
I like beefhead. He's such a noob. Guide him someone, please?

nancers 04/06 @ 08:41 pm
Because you don't count beef. JMH decided that when you were a noob.

PooDeFuego 06/23 @ 03:32 pm
BEEF YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!
supak0ma

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:44 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Please enlighten me again what is ACTUAL purpose of this site, apart of (even the opposite) to education of artistic feel, esthetics and creativity. I'm very confused at the time being.

make lotsa friends, don't criticize other ppl's work, post whatever you'll get votes.

annajon

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:55 am   Reply with quote         

First - you should have posted the original pig photo plus the chopped photo here, then we could discuss what is wrong with the image.

And then we could discuss the techniques used and the amount of original contest image used .... etc. like we do on all other entries in contests.

Yes, I voted, for the technique used. Did I like the image, not very much at all.

If I would only vote for images that I realy like best in a competition, I would hardly use my 25 votes at all.

Question, Bogo: - are you going to ban all the images of naked animals on the internet?

seamusoisin

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:58 am   Reply with quote         

Hmmmm. I guess you will not be voting for my dalmation entry. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:06 am   Reply with quote         

It's WAY too early to be staring at a pig's ass.

Thanks.

Evil or Very Mad

YerPalAl

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:19 am   Reply with quote         

. . . um, DP, this raises the question of when it IS a good time to be staring at a pig's ass?

Bogonet, this site has always had a somewhat high obnoxious level, its part of the playing field. All I can suggest is if a chop offends you, don't vote for it and hit the "next" button. There is still much good about the site you can enjoy. Smile

Cartoon Contractor

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:35 am   Reply with quote         

You think the pig is bad? Then you would really hate my unfinished chop called "hemorrhoids"
Laughing Laughing Laughing

conaircan.

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:40 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
. . . um, Sean, this raises the question of when it IS a good time to be staring at a pig's ass?

Bogonet, this site has always had a somewhat high obnoxious level, its part of the playing field. All I can suggest is if a chop offends you, don't vote for it and hit the "next" button. There is still much good about the site you can enjoy. Smile

YEP! Smile that's what I do. Wink

I click this Arrow

Granulated

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:06 am   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:
You think the pig is bad? Then you would really hate my unfinished chop called "hemorrhoids"
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Granulated

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:08 am   Reply with quote         

It was my first chop after paying for 2 more advantage years. GO figure !! Laughing Laughing

nat_g31

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:00 am   Reply with quote         

First, I thought we weren't supposed to be discussing "current" entries?
Second, the entry is really crude and offensive which is why I think it's great. Cheers to Gran for a good eye and great execution, if I stumbled upon his work online I wouldn't even question if it was a real ass or a pumpkin. Laughing Laughing

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:00 am   Reply with quote         

bogonet wrote:

...Please enlighten me...

Embrace the light coming out of the pig's new arsehole, or go insane trying to understand the fickle, vindictive, predictive and surprising outcome of PSC voting.

annajon

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:03 am   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:
bogonet wrote:

Embrace the light coming out of the pig's new arsehole, or go insane trying to understand the fickle, vindictive, predictive and surprising outcome of PSC voting.

Laughing Laughing Laughing so true

janetdog

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:11 am   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:
bogonet wrote:

Which would you rather look at while eating? The pig with squash for an asshole(not an actual pig asshole) or tadams picture? Not a single complaint on this one and I think the squash/pig asshole is much more pleasant. Nicely chopped btw. Really frightening.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Am I on a wrong site ALREADY? - Reply to topic