Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - We crashed into the moon! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Synthvet

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:42 am   Reply with quote         

sposed to be like that.................it's in the air...like your moon

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:47 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
I do feel a bit more CONSERVATIVE when it comes to the crazy budgets that this stuff eats up.

The NASA budget is a drop in the bucket as far as federal budget goes. There are plenty of places where one could find out about this information, if one was truly interested in knowing, instead of making a common, albeit misled, presumption about how much money NASA is granted.

Here are a couple random links that will help educate those who are interested, to get started.

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/898/1

http://www.richardb.us/nasa.html

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:49 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
mason4300 wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
does noone consider the concept of crashing into our satellite a little dumb?

Only those that have no idea what NASA is doing it for. Rolling Eyes

it's dumb! admit it! for god's sake! Wink

Rap is dumb. I'll admit that much.

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:59 am   Reply with quote         

Nasa should advertise. Paint the shuttle like a coke can. That oughta buy a little hydrogen.

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:28 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Synth....ehh, your beaver's missing parts. Razz

Yeah, Who wants a beaver with missing parts! Laughing Laughing Shocked

ReinMan

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:38 am   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
ReinMan wrote:
I do feel a bit more CONSERVATIVE when it comes to the crazy budgets that this stuff eats up.

The NASA budget is a drop in the bucket as far as federal budget goes. There are plenty of places where one could find out about this information, if one was truly interested in knowing, instead of making a common, albeit misled, presumption about how much money NASA is granted.

Here are a couple random links that will help educate those who are interested, to get started.

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/898/1

http://www.richardb.us/nasa.html

Note: I'm NOT that misled and I'm STILL interested Wink Even if a few billion dollars might be a "drop in the bucket" it is STILL a few billion dollars. I'm not TALKING about all the other places USA might utilize it's public coffers in the furthering of world knowledge and peace Wink ... I'm talking, in this case, about NASA and what it spends.

Please. Don't lump me in with Anfa for heaven's sake. Rolling Eyes Razz

P.S. and I'm not saying I'm happy with all the places CANADA spends it's tax dollahs either - I mean look at that image above: we put a BEAVER into SPACE for mercy's sake! Huh..

L@rue

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:50 am   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:56 am   Reply with quote         

Rein Mod Said "Note: I'm NOT that misled and I'm STILL interested Even if a few billion dollars might be a "drop in the bucket" it is STILL a few billion dollars. I'm not TALKING about all the other places USA might utilize it's public coffers in the furthering of world knowledge and peace ... I'm talking, in this case, about NASA and what it spends.

Please. Don't lump me in with Anfa for heaven's sake.

P.S. and I'm not saying I'm happy with all the places CANADA spends it's tax dollahs either - I mean look at that image above: we put a BEAVER into SPACE for mercy's sake! "

Are you saying we have extra beaver here in Canada and that we sending the spares into outer space? Shocked Shocked Is this some evil plan to get more guys volunteering for the space program? Confused

Reinman and Afa in the same soup, yep that's one lumpy soup.

I think Mason is heading for the recuitment office as we speak. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
ReinMan

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:00 am   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
Rein Mod Said "Note: I'm NOT that misled and I'm STILL interested Even if a few billion dollars might be a "drop in the bucket" it is STILL a few billion dollars. I'm not TALKING about all the other places USA might utilize it's public coffers in the furthering of world knowledge and peace ... I'm talking, in this case, about NASA and what it spends.

Please. Don't lump me in with Anfa for heaven's sake.

P.S. and I'm not saying I'm happy with all the places CANADA spends it's tax dollahs either - I mean look at that image above: we put a BEAVER into SPACE for mercy's sake! "

Are you saying we have extra beaver here in Canada and that we sending the spares into outer space? Shocked Shocked Is this some evil plan to get more guys volunteering for the space program? Confused

Reinman and Afa in the same soup, yep that's one lumpy soup.

I think Mason is heading for the recuitment office as we speak. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'll gladly get in the SOUP with ANFA, but I don't want to get into his pants (it makes my feet sore!)
CLICK HERE TO ROCK

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:29 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Note: I'm NOT that misled and I'm STILL interested Wink Even if a few billion dollars might be a "drop in the bucket" it is STILL a few billion dollars. I'm not TALKING about all the other places USA might utilize it's public coffers in the furthering of world knowledge and peace Wink ... I'm talking, in this case, about NASA and what it spends.

Again, not referring to you specifically, but to everyone who even attempts to use the "we spend too much on NASA" strawman and it's various variants to try and justify their claims that we should put that money to "better uses" in any number of social programs, as if NASA is getting more than a fraction of what pretty much any social program is already getting. Yes,a billion dollars is a lot. 17 billion is even more. For one person, that is. When you have a quarter-billion people paying taxes, it's not that much. I'm sure you are well aware of that, though.

seamusoisin wrote:

Recruitment for what? What does bothering to educate myself about things like what NASA is up to have to do with recruitment? Question

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Damn it Mason, just shaddup and submit yourself to the inevitable GROUP HUG!!!!

(beer MAY be involved Wink)

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:54 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Damn it Mason, just shaddup and submit yourself to the inevitable GROUP HUG!!!!

(beer MAY be involved Wink)

No! I hate beer and hugs. I will never, ever give in to your evil and obvious trap of beer and hugs. Next thing you know I might actually agree with something someone else says and I absolutely cannot have that.

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:58 pm   Reply with quote         

(perhaps I should have offered the Group Spankings?) Raising Brow

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:04 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
(perhaps I should have offered the Group Spankings?) Raising Brow

Now that I can agree with, as long as I am choosing the spankers. Twisted Evil

hmm...spankers. spankersspankersspankers...that word loses meaning with repetition.

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:40 pm   Reply with quote         

get a room guys.... Shocked sick people, just sick! Do your huggin and spankin somewhere else, in fact go to the moon for that stuff! No, make it Mars, they take wierdos! Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - We crashed into the moon! - Reply to topic