Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - I Have Been Obamafied! - Reply to topic

Tawiskaro

Post Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:46 pm   Reply with quote         

The moment I read the announcement of the Invention of Lying contest, I thought of this embarrassing story from March:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1159627/To-special-friend-Gordon-25-DVDs-Obama-gives-Brown-set-classic-movies-Lets-hope-likes-Wizard-Oz.html

I predicted to my son that someone in Region 1 would be awarded Region 2 DVD's--the reverse of what happened to the hapless Mr. Brown. I didn't realize at the time that I would be that poor someone. British honor has been restored at my expense! Laughing

Several days ago I received my prize package: four very interesting-looking DVD's and a brief note signed "Richard" followed by the cryptic phrase, "Way to Blue". At first I thought having Ricky Gervais' autograph might be some consolation for my Region 2 DVD's. Alas, the signature doesn't appear to be Gervais'.

I wonder if Mr. Brown would be willing to trade my Region 2 DVD's for his Region 1 collection of American movies. I'll even throw in the Richard autograph. Probably not.

And if all this weren't enough, the damned dinosaur source that got knocked out by this Gervais hype has not yet been restored. What the Hell am I supposed to do with my dino chop?

Is there no justice?

Laughing

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:25 am   Reply with quote         

I can rip the region away for you and make a clone of the DVD. It's completely legal, as it is not for reproduction to be sold or given away, but merely as a backup that you can actually watch. The only thing is, I'd have to have a physical copy of the DVD. Huh..

supak0ma

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:54 am   Reply with quote         

don't they sell multi region players in chinatown? Smile

Tawiskaro

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:02 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the offer, TM. Too much of a pain. I think I'll just keep the things as mementoes. Cool

Tawiskaro

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:06 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
don't they sell multi region players in chinatown? Smile

Yes. And $10.00 Rolex watches.

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:52 am   Reply with quote         

just make your own dvdplayer region free (most of the dvd players have 'secret' codes to do this) Just takes a bit of searching on the internet Smile

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:23 am   Reply with quote         

You take all the fun out of whining.

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

I bought a multi region DVD player (Yamaha DVD-S661), and I didn't find it in Chinatown but in one of the best electronic stores in town. My wife's family sent us a lot of Japanese cartoons DVDs for kids. And I like to buy some of the best European movies. So if you like international movies, it is a very useful buy.
Smile

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Ahhh foolish region codes, I say ignorify them, download CloneDVD and rip them a new multi region hole, or buy one of those been around for ages and now quite cheap multi region DVD do hickies Wink

job done Very Happy

Tawiskaro

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
Ahhh foolish region codes, I say ignorify them, download CloneDVD and rip them a new multi region hole, or buy one of those been around for ages and now quite cheap multi region DVD do hickies Wink

job done Very Happy

Look what the cat dragged in! Mark, forward your e-mail to PM Brown--he needs to watch the Wizard of Oz! Laughing

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
You take all the fun out of whining.

ha Very Happy

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
I bought a multi region DVD player (Yamaha DVD-S661), and I didn't find it in Chinatown but in one of the best electronic stores in town. My wife's family sent us a lot of Japanese cartoons DVDs for kids. And I like to buy some of the best European movies. So if you like international movies, it is a very useful buy.
Smile

Thanks, Claf. I'm going to try the secret code approach first.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - I Have Been Obamafied! - Reply to topic