Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Hi Guys, it's nice to be back... - Reply to topic

Wiz

Post Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:53 pm   Reply with quote         

... in the beautiful warm air of Queensland! Laughing

Seeing my boy was great, but I could have done without the wet chilly weather of New Zealand last week.
Despite that we had a great time together and drove all over the North Island itself, catching the fantastic views between the sweeps of the wiper blades of our little rental car. So what's New Zealand without that bloody long white cloud?.. Nothing!
It takes all that rain to make it the spectacular place it is!
Wet and mysterious is the only way to describe some of the places we went to, no wonder they made 'Lord of the Rings' there, just the most perfect place to shoot that movie.

My son has some great carers and minders and I met them one and all, and it was like being wrapped in a tangible blanket of love, and a love of life.
I was welcomed into a community of Maori people that take Christianity very seriously and DO practice what those old Commandments told us to do (and BTW which most of us forget to do!).
I ended up in most of their Yoga, gym and exercise classes, alongside my boy, and phew, I think he fitter than me, as I couldn't keep up with him on those Pump Iron machines they had in there.

The week went very quickly, but we never wasted a second of it, cramming in sooo many wall to wall things to do, that I think we only survived on about 4 hrs of sleep a day. We were on a buzz, and couldn't sleep anyway. Very Happy
We drove down to a little township of Morrinsville and met my uncle who I hadn't seen for 20 years, and his grown up daughter that I hadn't seen for more than 30!!!! It was a terrific family reunion and now my boy has his very own 'Family' in NZ, and I'm sure they'll be around if he needs any of their shoulders to lean on if he has a 'Black Dog Day'.

Now I'm going to ask a favour of you guys, which I know you're all good at, and would mean so very much to my son.
So here's the story, while he was in hospital after the beating, the mongrels or someone like them, broke into his rented house and cleared out all his stuff including a crazy 'Steampunk' bike he had been building for over a year from scratch. The only thing he's got of it, is a rather bad photo which I'd like you guys to do some PS magic with. Are you in? just post a reply on this 'Post' and I'll scan and upload the source image for those of you that reply.

I've shown him around our little website and explained to him who you all are, unfortunately all via the local library internet as the crims also took all his computer stuff too, and he has no current ISP address. But he can see as a 'visitor' so I told him I'd put all the bike stuff in my Profile as soon as I get it.
One of his 'minders' called Terry has Broadband and a printer, so I plan to send all the ones (Bike Images) to my son as attachments so he can see what his bike would have looked liked like if you terrible lot had all been involved with it's construction...

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

See what you can do eh! Wink

OK! OK! I know... STFUAC! Smile

Regards

Wiz

annajon

Post Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:02 pm   Reply with quote         

OK, scan away Wiz.... Glad to hear you had a great time with your son and your family. And just to let you know, New Zealand is the place where many Dutchies ended up in the 60's and 70's.

Anna

TJ

Post Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:11 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm in..... Wish I could help more then just a chop Sad

Happy your back and that you had a great time! Cheers Smile

Todd

Post Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Here's the bike guys, I haven't touched a thing with any PS tools, so it's very much a virgin source.

So do your worst & best with it and see what happens

Have fun

regards Wiz

TJ

Post Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Wiz,
How can I get this image super sized? The bigger, the better and why the B/W?

Post Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome back Wiz! Very Happy

Post Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:10 am   Reply with quote         

welcome back wiz Smile

Post Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:50 am   Reply with quote         

TJ wrote:
Hey Wiz,
How can I get this image super sized? The bigger, the better and why the B/W?

That's the size TJ, work with it!

I know you'll do a good job, thanks pal I owe you.

I'm ripped that you guys are doing this... Can't ask more of friends i haven't even met. Very Happy

wiz

Designed2522

Post Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:

Seeing my boy was great, but I could have done without the wet chilly weather of New Zealand last week.
Despite that we had a great time together and drove all over the North Island itself, catching the fantastic views between the sweeps of the wiper blades of our little rental car. So what's New Zealand without that bloody long white cloud?.. Nothing!
Wet and mysterious is the only way to describe some of the places we went to, no wonder they made 'Lord of the Rings' there, just the most perfect place to shoot that movie.

My son has some great carers and minders and I met them one and all, and it was like being wrapped in a tangible blanket of love, and a love of life.
I was welcomed into a community of Maori people that take Christianity very seriously and DO practice what those old Commandments told us to do (and BTW which most of us forget to do!).
I ended up in most of their Yoga, gym and exercise classes, alongside my boy, and phew, I think he fitter than me, as I couldn't keep up with him on those Pump Iron machines they had in there.

The week went very quickly, but we never wasted a second of it, cramming in sooo many wall to wall things to do, that I think we only survived on about 4 hrs of sleep a day. We were on a buzz, and couldn't sleep anyway. Very Happy
We drove down to a little township of Morrinsville and met my uncle who I hadn't seen for 20 years, and his grown up daughter that I hadn't seen for more than 30!!!! It was a terrific family reunion and now my boy has his very own 'Family' in NZ, and I'm sure they'll be around if he needs any of their shoulders to lean on if he has a 'Black Dog Day'.

Now I'm going to ask a favour of you guys, which I know you're all good at, and would mean so very much to my son.
So here's the story, while he was in hospital after the beating, the mongrels or someone like them, broke into his rented house and cleared out all his stuff including a crazy 'Steampunk' bike he had been building for over a year from scratch. The only thing he's got of it, is a rather bad photo which I'd like you guys to do some PS magic with. Are you in? just post a reply on this 'Post' and I'll scan and upload the source image for those of you that reply.

I've shown him around our little website and explained to him who you all are, unfortunately all via the local library internet as the crims also took all his computer stuff too, and he has no current ISP address. But he can see as a 'visitor' so I told him I'd put all the bike stuff in my Profile as soon as I get it.
One of his 'minders' called Terry has Broadband and a printer, so I plan to send all the ones (Bike Images) to my son as attachments so he can see what his bike would have looked liked like if you terrible lot had all been involved with it's construction...

Regards

Wiz

Hey Wiz, welcome back.... just wondering if you took any pics of New Zealand??? I would love to see them!

Tesore

Post Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome back Wiz. Happy story Very Happy

Wiz

Post Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Designed2522 wrote:
Wiz wrote:

Regards

Wiz

Hey Wiz, welcome back.... just wondering if you took any pics of New Zealand??? I would love to see them!

Here's where we went for a couple of days, didn't take to many shots because of the rain while I was over there.

Boy! Was it cold & wet over there, it was a relief to get back to balmy Queensland 27C weather.

see's ya 'D'

Wiz

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Hi Guys, it's nice to be back... - Reply to topic