Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Re-Use of Source Images? - Reply to topic

Heinlein

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I just noticed on the Advantage page for voting on source images that one of the images up for votes is the "Net Fishing Floats".

That image was just used for a Speed Chop on October 8th.

Are we reusing images now? Because I know I have submitted images to be used as sources.

Actually, I have one in the voting queue.

Thanks,
Jim

ReinMan

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Sometimes, for special contests like the Speed Chop, we need to pull images from the "normal" pile. Sometimes we forget to re-scramble the normal pile. Which leaves them in there to be seen and voted on again.

Perhaps, though, this is good - if people REALLY liked that particular image, you could vote it back into the queue again!

(if you didn't like it, you could just walk away...)

WALK AWAY, I say!!! Raising Brow

annajon

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:35 pm   Reply with quote         

we have had a lot of old images in the calendar as well, that have been used before in contests, but no problem for me, just a chance to better myself... Smile

Cartoon Contractor

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm   Reply with quote         

This isn't the first time. I've seen images used before making it back to the source images to voted on. And it seems odd that some not picked keep re-appearing over and over again. I thought that they were just short on source pics or someone just wants these sources chopped no mater what. Laughing Laughing Guess if you put em in the voting queue enough times they will eventually get picked. Rolling Eyes

ReinMan

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:50 pm   Reply with quote         

You can pick your friends.
You can pick your nose.
But you shouldn't pick your friend's nose. Raising Brow

Yet feel free to pick an image from the Advantage Queue. Wink

YerPalAl

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:18 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
You can pick your friends.
You can pick your nose.
But you shouldn't pick your friend's nose. Raising Brow

Yet feel free to pick an image from the Advantage Queue. Wink

*sigh*

Now we have TWO (2) CANADIAN Sages. Laughing Laughing Laughing

ReinMan

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:22 pm   Reply with quote         

The OTHER SAGE is a decoy,
Whilst I am the REAL McCOY!

(oh boy! Rolling Eyes)

blue_lurker

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:35 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Its funny all this about sources...I got 15 images in this months source list and I was voting against me on the last 5...come on people if ya worried about the sources just take good hi res images thats the only reason I can see for so many of mine being in the contests...that or the fact I have 30 alias's'sss

(I kid I kid)

Oscar

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:36 am   Reply with quote         

You have had submitted 12 original images.
You have had 10 original images accepted and 0 rejected.
2 of your submitted images are currently in the voting queue.
Accepted: X, He Said So, Tree Awash, Fully Loaded, Thoughts, Twindmills, Poolside Dog, Mesa, Suzuki XHead, Schaumann Truck

I think this is from 2 years ago that those 2 images have been on the queue

DaVinci

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:31 am   Reply with quote         

You have had submitted 46 original images.
You have had 27 original images accepted and 7 rejected.
7 of your submitted images are currently in the voting queue.

Accepted: Dump Truck, Fata Morgana, Guardhouse Posing, Squeezy Turtle, Sammie, The Big Bird, Plug In, Playstation Controller, Standing By The Window, Buried Crab, Brown Wall, Excavator Attachments, Never Quite Grew Up, Giant Treasure, Mobile Keys, Sacre-Coeur, Dual Zipper, Praha, Demolition Pulverizer, Waiting Forever, Parents In The Garden, Skid Steer Loader, CAT D8R, Dry Ground, Louvre Pyramid, RB Auction, Turkish Ruins

Lots of my source pics these last couple of days Very Happy
Some I've posted like 2 years ago Laughing

YerPalAl

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:14 am   Reply with quote         

Twice this week and I'm STILL not voting for those damned fishing floats . . . . . Laughing Laughing Laughing

blue_lurker

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:15 am   Reply with quote         

You have had submitted 200 original images.
You have had 81 original images accepted and 61 rejected.
31 of your submitted images are currently in the voting queue.
Accepted: Free Ride, Red Bottle Brush, Gumnut Flowers, Round Eyed Creature, Dragons Heart, Relaxing Lunch, Water Sign, Bright Birds, fire Blanket, Sign of the Times, Brilliant Cave, Kangaroo, Scary Bird, Emu Chick, Beware of Rodents, Hot Gnomes, Berries, Rest Area, Log Dog, Yawning Cat, Wild Hair Friends, Crashing Wave, You Must Be This Tall, Cat Eyes, Clown Game, The Lurker Shack, Cactus Prickers, Elephant Ride, You Tell Em Statue, Sidewalk Lighting, Stained Glass Arch, Flowerball, Radial Bloom, Clean Up After Your Dog, Meerkat Lookout, Wagon Spokes, Toy Monster Truck, Swan Statue, Gardening Warrior, Photosynthesis, Rusty Truck, Woodman Suspended, Cattle On A Hill, Yellow Berries, River Crossing, Wooden Bike, Hairy Thoughts, Glowing Palm, Steadfast Avian, Buzzed Out Bee, Hikers Are Dangerous, Spanish Dancer, Cement Swans, Spiky Fruit Thingies, Taking Off, Cactus Rose, Magpie, Carousel Horse Head, Clay Mural, Fuchsia Bloom, Wooden Plane, Arm Disappearance, Beach Lamp, Clown Agape, Trumpeting, Little Wooden Bridge, Perth Skyline, Spinning A Web, Old Knotty, Glowing City, Monarch Spreads It, Sunflower Eye, Kilowatt Hours, Ripening Berries, Cannon, Donnelly River General, Greenish Lemon, Natural Frame, Meerkat Smile, The L Is Silent, Dino Skull

Cartoon Contractor

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:47 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
You have had submitted 200 original images.
You have had 81 original images accepted and 61 rejected.
31 of your submitted images are currently in the voting queue.
Accepted: Free Ride, Red Bottle Brush, Gumnut Flowers, Round Eyed Creature, Dragons Heart, Relaxing Lunch, Water Sign, Bright Birds, fire Blanket, Sign of the Times, Brilliant Cave, Kangaroo, Scary Bird, Emu Chick, Beware of Rodents, Hot Gnomes, Berries, Rest Area, Log Dog, Yawning Cat, Wild Hair Friends, Crashing Wave, You Must Be This Tall, Cat Eyes, Clown Game, The Lurker Shack, Cactus Prickers, Elephant Ride, You Tell Em Statue, Sidewalk Lighting, Stained Glass Arch, Flowerball, Radial Bloom, Clean Up After Your Dog, Meerkat Lookout, Wagon Spokes, Toy Monster Truck, Swan Statue, Gardening Warrior, Photosynthesis, Rusty Truck, Woodman Suspended, Cattle On A Hill, Yellow Berries, River Crossing, Wooden Bike, Hairy Thoughts, Glowing Palm, Steadfast Avian, Buzzed Out Bee, Hikers Are Dangerous, Spanish Dancer, Cement Swans, Spiky Fruit Thingies, Taking Off, Cactus Rose, Magpie, Carousel Horse Head, Clay Mural, Fuchsia Bloom, Wooden Plane, Arm Disappearance, Beach Lamp, Clown Agape, Trumpeting, Little Wooden Bridge, Perth Skyline, Spinning A Web, Old Knotty, Glowing City, Monarch Spreads It, Sunflower Eye, Kilowatt Hours, Ripening Berries, Cannon, Donnelly River General, Greenish Lemon, Natural Frame, Meerkat Smile, The L Is Silent, Dino Skull

So YOUR the keeper of the images! Shocked

Laughing Laughing

This is MY contribution!

You have had submitted 1 original images.
You have had 0 original images accepted and 0 rejected.
0 of your submitted images are currently in the voting queue. Laughing

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:11 am   Reply with quote         

The main reason that images get put into the queue multiple times is not having a proper tool to manage the various queues. Supposedly that's been in the works for about a couple years off and on. For now, you pretty much have to make do with what comes up. Confused

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:51 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Sometimes, for special contests like the Speed Chop, we need to pull images from the "normal" pile. Sometimes we forget to re-scramble the normal pile. Which leaves them in there to be seen and voted on again.

my mistake °.o

will make sure it's marked as used. Image will not be used even if it has the most votes (second will be used then)

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Re-Use of Source Images? - Reply to topic