Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Professional Contestants? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey, I'm new to PSC.

Are there regular winners on this site who consider themselves professional Photoshop contestants? There are so many sites out there who award money for great work and I'm wondering if any of you rely on contests as a part of your living.

ReyRey

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Lets see. Rolling Eyes A fifty dollar prize. An image that takes 8 hours....
That's less ten dollars an hour. hmmmmmm. That sucks. Laughing Laughing

YerPalAl

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes, the answer is no. You can't support yourself on prizes from PS contests, sorry to burst your dream. Smile

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh, I can barely crop.

I'm a comedy writer and I'm trying to find obscure Photoshop-related jobs. I thought there may be people out there who enter every available contest they can find.

delia

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Chairman_Meow wrote:
Oh, I can barely crop.

I'm a comedy writer and I'm trying to find obscure Photoshop-related jobs. I thought there may be people out there who enter every available contest they can find.

Yes, there are people who enter every contest they can find... They are in it for the GLORY! Laughing

http://www.track4va.com
SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Chairman_Meow wrote:
Oh, I can barely crop.

The amount of time it would take would not be worth it... this is to hone skills, show off, see whats in others heads, that type of criteria. Its all in good fun.... lol like deliandave said, glory

I would have to win 10 paid contests at 50 bucks just to pay the price for my intuos4 tablet. Ohh, and I have only won a 3rd place which never pays.. lol

You can while your hear hone those cropping skills and learn some chopping skills.. Go for it Smile

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:28 pm   Reply with quote         

deliandave wrote:
Chairman_Meow wrote:
Oh, I can barely crop.

Yes, there are people who enter every contest they can find... They are in it for the GLORY! Laughing

Or the addiction. Laughing

TheShaman

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:33 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Lets see. Rolling Eyes A fifty dollar prize. An image that takes 8 hours....
That's less ten dollars an hour. hmmmmmm. That sucks. Laughing Laughing

Rolling Eyes

If it sucks soooo bad... let some of us small dogs grab the 50 Bucks!!!

I sure know I could use it...

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:39 pm   Reply with quote         

I've observed CG contests that offer free software and swag as prizes. So theoretically (if one has no life and a passion for ramen noodles) he or she can spend one week or more working on something like a CGSociety challenge (which I understand is not actually a Photoshop contest), win valuable swag and with their new-found spoils and totally wipe the floor with the competition provided they devote their lives to it as though it were a career.

I can sort of see that happening. I wish I had any talent whatsoever so I can test out my theory.

jasper

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:43 pm   Reply with quote         

...a lot less than someone could make, say, writing comedy. Now THAT should give you an idea! Smile

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:48 pm   Reply with quote         

It probably depends on the individual, though. I've spent a solid week on something that only earned me $50, but I thought of it as $50 I didn't have before. (I'm unnervingly chipper.)

How many contests are out there? What are your odds of winning every one? Who are considered the big dogs? How do I get these stains out of my carpet?

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:55 pm   Reply with quote         

You could write a comedy, drama, tragedy, thriller if you hang around here long enough.

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Actually everybody is lying we are all making so much dough doing this that we have to keep a low profile to keep the tax people at bay. I am right now being audited by Revenue Canada as they think I am living way beyond my means. OK I'll admit a Ferrari California is a little over the top, but hey, with our long winters in Canada you can only drive it three, four months max. I enter every contest on the web and I am a frequent winner. In fact I won last week, which reminds me does anyone out there need a six month supply of Depends? Maybe I'll hold on to those.

This contest business is so lucrative that I feel guilty when I don't enter a contest. So as not to feel too guilty and not miss out on prizes I am installing wifi and a new laptop in the Gulfstream IV. Hey I have needs!

But I am a complete amateur compared to Reinman in BC who has now abandoned his first calling in life as a professional accordion player and teacher to concentrate on internet contests. He is so busy on these contest that he now has developed a bit of a nasty streak and now bars his friends and deletes my Ikea doggy post. My friend, when huge money is involved you have no friends.

Hey! YerPal Al! Wanna split a case of Depends which I can share with you for one of those calendars offered as prizes?

Got to go Wendy's is got a new contest. Draw an edible burger. Tough assignment and lots of competition. Laughing Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Stop making fun of me! My theory is sound, I tell you! Sound!

I'll show you! I'll show you all!

TheShaman

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Shocked

you don't mess with meow!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Professional Contestants? - Reply to topic