Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - An idea for procyon - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Good idea?

Yes

69%

69%

[ 16 ]

No

30%

30%

[ 7 ]

Total Votes: 23

ReyRey

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:47 am   Reply with quote         

The most common complaint from newbies
is that they can't win without advantage and
they are not sure if it is worth it. Many give up.
Many think that we only vote for friends.
I suggest , like a crack dealer at the local public
school we give them a taste and get them hooked!
For one month only, if you sign up in November ( whenever)
you get one week free advantage. Existing newbies should
automatically get it. They will feel good knowing that
they will get votes. They will see that there is no conspiracy.
They will feel the power that we advantage users feel.
They will get hooked and return
for another fix. Whadaya think???

Wiz

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:50 am   Reply with quote         

Ha, ha,ha, I like your choice of words RR...
Fiends indeed, that's us! Laughing

Wiz

Cartoon Contractor

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:54 am   Reply with quote         

Great idea Rey! And by the way I only vote for fiends! That"s why you always get a vote from me, Rey! Laughing Wink

Ahhhh you fixed it! You fiend you! Very Happy

pearlie

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:55 am   Reply with quote         

YPA lured me in with it......... now where are my cookies????? Twisted Evil Laughing

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:56 am   Reply with quote         

It better not be an automatic advantage for newbies, ReyRey. Not everybody trusts their own skills to work on all the calendar images ahead of time. You can offer a one week advantage free on signing up, on a coupon. That way the new member can claim his or her advantage week trial when they feel they are ready for it.

seamusoisin

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:14 am   Reply with quote         

Not to be negative BUT you would be giving advantage to our lovely spammers who join.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
annajon

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:22 am   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
Not to be negative BUT you would be giving advantage to our lovely spammers who join.

See, another reason why it should be on a coupon, and perhaps even send after they are ready to vote themselves, after 10 entries....

ReyRey

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:26 am   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:

OK Evil or Very Mad You can't play anymore!! Poop head! Wink

ReyRey

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:28 am   Reply with quote         

I don't mean for them to get all the benefits of advantage. Just seeing the images ahead of time. Maybe one week in November is free advantage week for everybody. Everybody that week get's to view a weeks worth of contest sources. Make it simple.
We

They can deal with the spammers just like they are doing now. It's only one week. Don't shoot it down. Make it work.
I'm not going to close the doors of my store because someone might come in and steal something. That's just crazy.

pakimo

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:37 am   Reply with quote         

I don't have enough friends here so I disagree. Let's rather take away the friendlyfriends possibility to vote for eachother.

"I am sorry, you have reached the maximum votes you can give this chopper this month, pleace stop being a friendlyfriend. Thank you."

Laughing

blue_lurker

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:38 am   Reply with quote         

Only problem I see is the multi joining guys that would join each week to get that weeks advantage photos...may haps once a month one contest image is available to every one at the start of the month to keep newbies interested?

nat_g31

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:59 am   Reply with quote         

good idea Rey. Something needs to be done. Lack of entries, lack of voting, lack of excitement. I say just make December exciting and give everyone the month of December and see how the numbers compare.

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
blue_lurker

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:12 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
I don't mean for them to get all the benefits of advantage. Just seeing the images ahead of time. Maybe one week in November is free advantage week for everybody. Everybody that week get's to view a weeks worth of contest sources. Make it simple.
We

They can deal with the spammers just like they are doing now. It's only one week. Don't shoot it down. Make it work.
I'm not going to close the doors of my store because someone might come in and steal something. That's just crazy.

Its a good idea but one week aint going to keep them here, if you watch the site a lot like some do, special contests and themed contests have been working very well, perhaps a few more special events or new special events on a more regular basis could help

pakimo

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:13 am   Reply with quote         

Or split into 3;
1) Best newbie
2) Best oldie
3) The darn Giffie.

Twisted Evil

seamusoisin

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:19 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
We

I don't think anyone is shooting anything down.

Meaning no disrespect, before I start giving anything away I would want to be sure that this problem actually exists. How many legitamate new members does the site attract per month and how many quit? Do they quit because they can't win or do they quit because they lose interest? If the problem is a serious concern then let's get the train on the track and go for it.

Cheers
SO

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - An idea for procyon - Reply to topic