Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "All source + Ps work." - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Knock it off with the insane "All source" comments?

Yes

13%

13%

[ 4 ]

Gawd YES!

43%

43%

[ 13 ]

pfft.

43%

43%

[ 13 ]

Total Votes: 30

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:20 pm   Reply with quote         

heh, i say whatever floats your boat.

Most of the time I make a little story about the creation. Considering what this place is, I don't really feel it necessary very often to explain what I have done as you can see. I have not been here that long, so I have done all of the stuff mentioned in this thread, everyone has..lol. I updated one entry and said what I done to it. I just had to find the way im happy about posting.

If someone says go large, it don't matter to me. I will go large on things I want to look at. We have all been dealing with the web long enough to know that compression lowers quality, so if a detail is lost, I don't see harm in saying go large.

Personally I like stories to explain what it is.. In my cactus finger turned tick chop, I said this, and nothing more....

"This is the not so dangerous, but extremely painful to remove Cactus Spotted Tick also known as Cacti Amblyomma."

lol, you are experienced, you know that the hair was not made in PS, I took a picture specifically for that. If you wanna see the hair source, i can provide that. I might post ext source link in the description, but more often not. I can always provide my sources whenever.

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:21 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
And while I'm on my rant. Why do people also put "All source except for the...". If there's an external then it's not an all source. :

Exactly.

I also object to when people state the number of hours that it took them to create the entry. To me, it implies that they think they "deserve" a vote for their effort.

TJ

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I F*&KING love this thread........ Way better the the ''Go BIG" peeps comments. Laughing Laughing

I think what pisses me of the most is ranting about what other folks do or say.

Other words........... STFUAC!

Get choppin' Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry, Bad day too Very Happy

annajon

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:21 pm   Reply with quote         

When one uploads the image, the website invites us to include comments on our own work below the image. Maybe to clarify or to express something, or even to include the use of externals etc.

The fact that you guys don't want to be bothered with all those comments the createurs have given, says more about you viewers then about the createurs of the images. If you don't want to read these comments, then don't read them... they are only there for the people who are interested in finding out maybe a little more ...

so PFFFFFF

No go back to your computers and work on a tribute for Splodge, who would have had his birthday tomorrow. (Teusday)

glennhanna

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:51 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
The final image is the thing. Anyone who thinks they are displaying more talent by doing all source is, in my opinion, deluding themselves.

I don't know why I'm so apt to try all source chops. The techniques I use on a source is basically the same as creating an image in photoshop from scratch, changing highlights and shadows to create depth. I've had decent results with it, but I don't have enough focus to ever finish my projects. I caught myself doing it again with the upcoming reunion chop, making a cannon into the muscular system of the human anatomy. I had to stop myself because I saw no connection with the source and would have had to write, "Listen up people! This is All source +PS. There! Now does it make sense to you people? There isn't a story, it's like the toilet paper being reborn thanks to recycling to make paper Big Gulp cups."

I'd probably be more active if I tried to stay away from All Source creations. I better take some tuts just to get my brain to think of using photoshop in other ways.

Comments:
"This post took me 9 hours to write. I used a keyboard, all YerPalAl source plus the alphabet. Completely created by my hand movements. All rights reserved."

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:09 pm   Reply with quote         

I write "all source" just to make Tofu feel inferior. Twisted Evil Laughing

ReinMan

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:08 am   Reply with quote         

thumleft What YerPalVonAL said! thumright

now.... BACK ON YOUR MEDS, TOFU!!! Raising Brow

TJ

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:25 am   Reply with quote         

Yup...... What I thought Rolling Eyes Wink

Oscar

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:15 am   Reply with quote         

EJH

I feel like I know you from somewhere... I got a strange feeling about this.

blue_lurker

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:24 am   Reply with quote         

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:28 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
I actually mold my chops with clay and then take pictures of the results. No photoshop.

He learned this technique from me.

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:21 am   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:
I write "all source" just to make Tofu feel inferior. Twisted Evil Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Aiming low? Laughing

JORDAN792

Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:16 am   Reply with quote         

what the hell are you supposed to write?... "I had chili for dinner last night and I love long walks on the beach." I dont think that would go well with any of my chops. The comment section is for comments about your image... If it was all source I would like to know and if it was all source except... I also would like to know.

ReinMan

Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:21 am   Reply with quote         

(a strategy that has ALWAYS worked for ME! Idea )

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:31 am   Reply with quote         

I guess my point (on this long dead horse that I started whipping because of my grumpy mood and sugar high) is that, in my own personal OPINION:

If the image is truly an all source then put "all source" to point it out. But if the image contains externals then simply list the externals because an "all source" with externals is not an all source. I guess I figured most people are smart enough to realize that if externals are listed then they'd know what was and wasn't source. Confused

I think my rough analogy of why it bugs me would be to tell a vegan "this is an all vegan meal except for the veal cutlet and the beef stock gravy". Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "All source + Ps work." - Reply to topic