Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I'm in remission and I don't care - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ReyRey

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:25 am   Reply with quote         

I found out that I am in remission and everybody seems happy except for me. Confused Not sure why. I have a type of leukemia that doesn't go away. Most cancer they radiate it or cut it out and try to get rid of it. If they do a good job..it may never come back. Mine is more like diabetes in the way that it will always be there but I can control it with my meds. The meds turn off switches in my body that tell my body to produce the cancerous cells. If I stop taking the meds the cancer comes back. They also don't know how long the meds will work because the drugs are still new. They have not been around that long. So I just don't know how to take the news. I don't know how to enjoy it. I'm fucked up. Shocked

YerPalAl

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:39 am   Reply with quote         

Rey, you are not alone.

I was diagnosed with Diabetes about 14 years ago so I understand your feelings. Bottom line is, you as long as the meds work, you live and medical science is always progressing so the outlook for guys like us is brighter all the time. Don't mean to sound like a rose colored eyeglass wearer, I understand the seriousness and empathize with you, but we will both continue to live for the foreseeable future, so enjoy what we got.

Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Heinlein

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:41 am   Reply with quote         

Rey Rey,

I can not begin to experience what you are going through. Life sometimes throws you curve balls that you never see coming. Being in remission sounds like great news to me. Remission can last for ever sometimes. Always hang on to hope, and never lose faith.

Remember, you have a beautiful family and friends that do care a lot about you.

Jim Smile

Napalm32

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:47 am   Reply with quote         

Heinlein wrote:
Rey Rey,

I can not begin to experience what you are going through. Life sometimes throws you curve balls that you never see coming. Being in remission sounds like great news to me. Remission can last for ever sometimes. Always hang on to hope, and never lose faith.

Remember, you have a beautiful family and friends that do care a lot about you.

Jim Smile

Jim's words are all sensations i had in mind to tell ya Rey.
There is always something to love in our life. Therefore , life is wonderfull.
Maybe tomorrow a scientist will create a new med for you.
All you have to do is continue to live, and don't care about any sort of problem.
For every problem there is a solution. Love is several the best solution for every problem.
I wrote to much words for my spaghetti english.
Hope them were wrote rightly.
Love you all.
Stay good Rey

jasper

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:24 pm   Reply with quote         

This is interesting...some kind of Asthma drug. hmmm.
http://cancerstemcellnews.blogspot.com/2009/06/specific-target-gene-found-using-cml.html

ummm, no. I don't work for any drug company! I am not a spam bot. lol.

diabetes sucks as well.

YerPalAl

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah, it does, but you CAN live with it. Smile

mikey

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:42 pm   Reply with quote         

One day at a time Rey, I've been on anti seizure meds for over 20 years. if I don't take them I go back to being a flounder on the dock! Laughing so this is the day the Lord hath made let's rejoice and be glad! Cool

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey. I grew up with my dad having seizures when he forgot his meds. pretty freaky. he told me if he ever had a seizure when he was in the bathtub to throw in some laundry. at least he has a sense of humor about it Smile

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm happy you live in a country with decent health insurance and fine doctors. We've all been pulling for you, Rey. Maybe our prayers and good thoughts have been answered...or maybe you're one lucky sob. Wink

Hug

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Wow ReyRey,

I had no idea, I guess because I have not been here all that long. I thought about it for a minute, never realized how big of a double edged sword that would be, so i can certainly see where you are coming from. Knowing it could revert tomorrow, but in a case such as this, I would expect the worst and hope for the best.

Being in remission is a great thing, so Im glad they found something that worked for ya, and I hope it continues to work. I have a friend who is in his 40's diagnosed with leukemia about 10 years ago. He almost expired, even got rid of all of his possessions. Then they found something that worked for him. 10 years, and he is still going strong, cancer free. He has since been married and built his life back up.

Keep hope in your heart, and try not to let that black cloud linger because that can cause you to be like my dad....
My dad had a heart attack, and now he is afraid to do a lot of stuff. He wont even drive or ride to a store that is an hour from his house. He acts as if it has already killed him because of an impending dread he always has lingering *the heart attack that can happen tomorrow* type of thing.

Just live one day at a time, and cherish the life you have. I hope in 10 years I can tell someone about my old friend who has been good for 20, and my newer friend that has been for 10 Smile

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Don't know what to say: Hug

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:21 pm   Reply with quote         

I think* you are happy about remission, but the inner turmoil of not knowing "how long" before it changes keeps you unhappy. Let go of what you don't have control over. Embrace chaos! Deal with it when the time comes, but don't bring it upon yourself sooner because you become indecisive and directionless over what you should enjoy.

*Author makes no claim to presenting accurate diagnosis or helpful advice.

blue_lurker

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:18 pm   Reply with quote         

2Rey you and I both know...breath in breath out the rest is a bonus mate...one day at a time K Smile

annajon

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Dear ReyRey,

When life deals you blows time and again, and you head feels like a big copper bell from a churchtower, just before noon, you know what comes next. 12 bells.
And after that an hour of getting over the vibrations.
Now you are in the new day, the 60 minutes between the next bell, at 0.1 am.
And it is the medication that makes those 60 minutes last as long as they do.

What you remember now is the feeling of the vibration of those 12 bells. But they have gone. Embrase the 60 minutes you have now. And know that people like myself are always collecting funds to make doctors and scientists do magic.

Magic that one day will make that 0.1 am bell feel like just a little tickle. So you will have another 60 minutes till the next bells. But then you know, they only tickle. Nothing much to fear.

Live these times, ReyRey, have a good live with your children and you wife. And don't let those bloody bells ruïn it for you anymore. One day we will have silenced them forgood.

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:48 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
One day we will have silenced them forgood.

That would sure be great, I help when i can as well.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I'm in remission and I don't care - Reply to topic