Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Silver Linings - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:28 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Can you make an insurance claim?

Nah. The deductible would be more than my glasses.

pearlie

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:45 pm   Reply with quote         

silver lining for Friday the 13th ------

Even tho the tech has been here for hours putting in a new huge Mac for the graphic designer, and an adorable MiniMac for me, and the art dept. is shut down for that........ I've just done a retouch on my pc out front for a customer. What the heck, it's got photoshop CS and the file will upgrade once I send it to the new commputers - both computers are getting full CS4!!!!!!!!!! bounce cheers

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:46 pm   Reply with quote         

. . . . . so, where was the dirty cloud surrounded by all that silver lining? Laughing

pearlie

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Uh........ the art dept. was shut down and
I can't play on my Maaaaacccc..... Crying or Very sad Twisted Evil

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Hmmmm, a silver lining, a silver lining....

..... *Hands out buckets before continuing*.............

...... 6 years ago I moved in with this guy, he was a complete control freak who didn't like me doing anything or seeing anyone. A couple of years into the relationship I found out that I have PCOS & would struggle to have children....

....in January of this year I finally decided to break free of the control freak....

.... in April of this year I met an amazing guy, he's definately my soulmate & I want to spend the rest of my life with him - there's part of my silver lining.

The other part of my silver lining which somehow takes it to a gold lining is that I didn't have children with the control freak, & although it saddens me to not have children, I now have 2 beautiful "step children"....

...It doesn't stop there.... no sireee.... see my gold lining then turns to platinum lining because my amazing guy loves me, wants to have children with me no matter how difficult it's going to be & although he is by no means perfect (he'll be the first to admit this) he's as close to perfect as he's ever going to get & I wouldn't change him for anything. Smile 8.3.1!!

*Collects & disposes of buckets*

buckie74

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:23 pm   Reply with quote         

I think I just became diabetic. Wink

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Embarassed @ MamaHet Razz

Well not many of you know, but my life changed entirely and totally mid last year, and this thread seems perfect to tell you all about it.

Basically my partner left me, and took the children with her, her going was not a problem, but the kids very much were.

I am not going to go on as this is a feel good thread Smile

My silver linings are (and sorry you may need those buckets again):

1. Getting confidence in myself back that I had forgot I had.

2. Meeting in April this year the most wonderful, funny and gorgeous woman I could ever hope to meet.

3. Having her move away from her home, family and friends of near enough her entire 25 year life to move 200 miles south to live with me. (something I know is not easy in the slightest)

4. To have her accept my children and get on so well with them, and see my children recipricate this to her so quickly when they come to visit Smile

5. To look forward instead of not at all or backwards to a long life together as best friends, partners, and soul mates and all that comes with that. I have never in my life been happier Very Happy

6. To thank Rach for saving me, as I try to hide my feelings, and don't give to much away, but am more fragile than I ever knew. She has saved me in every way a person can be saved. Thanks babygirl Smile Hug

8.3.1 xxxxxxxx

MamaBallistic

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:30 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
Embarassed @ MamaHet Razz

Well not many of you know, but my life changed entirely and totally mid last year, and this thread seems perfect to tell you all about it.

Basically my partner left me, and took the children with her, her going was not a problem, but the kids very much were.

I am not going to go on as this is a feel good thread Smile

My silver linings are (and sorry you may need those buckets again):

1. Getting confidence in myself back that I had forgot I had.

2. Meeting in April this year the most wonderful, funny and gorgeous woman I could ever hope to meet.

3. Having her move away from her home, family and friends of near enough her entire 25 year life to move 200 miles south to live with me. (something I know is not easy in the slightest)

4. To have her accept my children and get on so well with them, and see my children recipricate this to her so quickly when they come to visit Smile

5. To look forward instead of not at all or backwards to a long life together as best friends, partners, and soul mates and all that comes with that. I have never in my life been happier Very Happy

6. To thank Rach for saving me, as I try to hide my feelings, and don't give to much away, but am more fragile than I ever knew. She has saved me in every way a person can be saved. Thanks babygirl Smile Hug

8.3.1 xxxxxxxx

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Razz

oh and

7. Being able to teach and share with her this site that I love, along with all the people and things that go with it Smile

ok, fresh buckets for all Razz

YerPalAl

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Shocked

SUGAR SHOCK, SUGAR SHOCK!!!

Oh, screw it, I LOVE this you two crazy kids. Very Happy

pearlie

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Pass me the bucket! Crying or Very sad Confused Very Happy I'm so happy for both of you and the children. Very Happy

Cleanup in aisle 2.....

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:34 pm   Reply with quote         

I have a toothache! OOOOOOUUUUUUCCCCCHHHHHHH!

On the bright side my husband just had shoulder surgery and we have painkillers in the house. My weekend won't be so bad after all. Shocked GO SAINTS!

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Please, Pass the meds... I need to chemically erase that from memory.

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:01 pm   Reply with quote         

No way! Sorry.... Very Happy

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:30 pm   Reply with quote         

'Nother silver lining for me today.

Went to get my eye exam and to see about replacing the lenses in my current frames. Found out they have to send these frames in for servicing (and I'm really blind without my glasses). So I had to order entirely new glasses instead ($250+).

Silver lining? The new glasses come with mag-attached sunglasses covers (that you can't really even tell are there when they're attached), I'll get to send my current pair in for new lenses, they can replace the lenses in my broken Rx sunglasses. Once all that is said and done I can probably turn it into my homeowners insurance after all since it'll be more than my deductible! Three new pairs of prescription glasses and two of them will serve as prescription sun specs. Cool

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Silver Linings - Reply to topic