Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Silver Linings - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

MamaBallistic

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:51 pm   Reply with quote         

My silver lining for today.....

....feeling not too great but having my Dad in the same room to make me laugh Very Happy

Go team Dad Laughing

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:49 am   Reply with quote         

Tofu, Marco? sorry to hear the bad news Confused but finding something good in all the bad shit that happens around us is what keeps us going, it's so important to focus on the positive, and let the negative disolve away, like getting your wife to paint the house while she's just sitting around doing nothing anyway. Twisted Evil

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:41 am   Reply with quote         

No bad news anymore bud, only fantastic Very Happy

cheers Mr. Green

cafn8d

Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:27 pm   Reply with quote         

I didn't mention it before... I think I was trying to distract myself thinking about other things... but one of our dogs died on Tuesday (two days before this thread started). Chance was an approximately 13 year old Pembroke Welsh corgi we had rescued from death row about 9 years ago. We've been giving him insulin and prescription dog food since he was diagnosed as diabetic about four years ago. Chance has been mostly blind from the diabetes these last couple of years.

We miss our dog. But we're already seeing a savings from not having to maintain his regiment. And we don't have to worry about him anymore. <3

pearlie

Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:39 pm   Reply with quote         

I can relate... sure miss my dalmation, but don't miss all the vacuuming of her hair. Embarassed

Whenever she shook, it was like a little white hairstorm, and I "got" her finally!
Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:31 pm   Reply with quote         

'Nother silver lining (from last night actually).

Before my wife's position was eliminated they cut her from full-time to part-time status. This lasted a whole three days before they cut the position entirely. This way their "generous two week severance package" was based on two weeks of part time instead of full time hours. Evil or Very Mad

BUT! The paperwork came in the mail for my wife's unemployment benefits. Turns out they based the calculations on July 08 to June 09. Very Happy So her unemployment benefit will be MORE than what she would have pulled in working part time at the clinic. Plus we don't have the fuel bill for her car going that far every day. Cool

MamaBallistic

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:38 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
'Nother silver lining (from last night actually).

Before my wife's position was eliminated they cut her from full-time to part-time status. This lasted a whole three days before they cut the position entirely. This way their "generous two week severance package" was based on two weeks of part time instead of full time hours. Evil or Very Mad

BUT! The paperwork came in the mail for my wife's unemployment benefits. Turns out they based the calculations on July 08 to June 09. Very Happy So her unemployment benefit will be MORE than what she would have pulled in working part time at the clinic. Plus we don't have the fuel bill for her car going that far every day. Cool

cheers

Great news Tofu!! cheers

Pleased to hear you won't need to suffer from a loss of earnings - even though it's just money it still puts food on the table & keeps a roof over our heads Smile

YerPalAl

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:42 pm   Reply with quote         

That IS a silver lining tofu, glad you guys came out of top of that one.

Designed2522

Post Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:15 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
'Nother silver lining for me today.

Went to get my eye exam and to see about replacing the lenses in my current frames. Found out they have to send these frames in for servicing (and I'm really blind without my glasses). So I had to order entirely new glasses instead ($250+).

Silver lining? The new glasses come with mag-attached sunglasses covers (that you can't really even tell are there when they're attached), I'll get to send my current pair in for new lenses, they can replace the lenses in my broken Rx sunglasses. Once all that is said and done I can probably turn it into my homeowners insurance after all since it'll be more than my deductible! Three new pairs of prescription glasses and two of them will serve as prescription sun specs. Cool

Im an insurance agent and yes you can, dont let them deny you!!! we can be bitches! Razz

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Silver Linings - Reply to topic