Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Silver Linings - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:08 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm in a mood to dispel all negativity at the moment. So I'm looking for silver linings in the dark clouds of life. Things I've found since just now:

1. Even though my wife lost her job she can get unemployment for full time instead of the part-time status they were originally going to lower her to.
2. With my wife losing her job we now definitely qualify for a mortgage modification. Laughing
3. With the wife losing her job she'll be home to cook and clean more! Twisted Evil
4. With the wife losing her job I'm bound to lose more weight since I won't be eating at fast food joints anymore.
5. With the wife home more maybe I'll finally have more time, and energy, to chop in the evenings. Very Happy

Anyone else wanna give it a try? Where's your silver linings?

YerPalAl

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:12 pm   Reply with quote         

With Duke "retiring" me I'll have more time to devote to my freelance work.

And to making stupid jokes here.

(oh wait, this was supposed to be positive, right?)

Laughing Laughing Laughing

cafn8d

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:36 pm   Reply with quote         

With my husband and me both out of work, we lead lives of complete leisure. (*cough* "leisure" NOT "luxury")

Even if we did have jobs, we would not need to set an alarm clock. Evie gets us up at 6:30 sharp most days.

No matter what the weather or lack of coffee, our mornings are bright and sunny with Evelyn.

Since we are out of work, Evie gets to have both of us as full-time at-home parents and we do not need to worry about daycare.

Neither of us have to put up with coworkers with questionable cold / flu symptoms.

Sean's cooking meets or beats anything we used to go out to eat.

etc, etc, etc...

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:39 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
3. With the wife losing her job she'll be home to cook and clean more! Twisted Evil
4. With the wife losing her job I'm bound to lose more weight since she'll be home to cook more! I don't like her cooking, but I don't want to hurt her feelings.

cafn8d

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Evie emptied both the onion bag and potato bag yesterday. The silver lining? We discovered that red potatoes bounce better than yellow onions. See? Everything is a learning opportunity!

YerPalAl

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:42 pm   Reply with quote         

. . . again I say, its amazing what you can learn on this site. Laughing Laughing

annajon

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I have a GOLD lining

In the past three years that I was unemployed I learned how to photoshop and get to know lots of cool people who are even crazier then I am.... I, she said..... found my home from home.................. Embarassed

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks guys

And today I had a new asignment for a logo. It won't pay much, but it is something I can do because of this place, how cool is that?

YerPalAl

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:57 pm   Reply with quote         

That's lovely news, Anna, congratulations!

annajon

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Yep, and now we hope that this person will tell others about it, so I can have more fun in future.... Smile

seamusoisin

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:27 pm   Reply with quote         

I am on strict doctor's orders not to have anymore fun as it's hazardous to my health. Laughing Laughing Laughing On the other hand F@#% the doctor and I'm staying on this site and if I OD on fun so be it!!!!

Not wanting to sound too philosophical, however losing a job is not the worst thing that can or will happen to you and should be viewed as an opportunity to move on to bigger and better things. You are young, you have your health and you have each other. Wealthy in the things that really matter.

Anna, you have a wonderful eye for design and you should exploit this talent and make some coin. Start making small web sites for all your craft friends and go from there.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
buckie74

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Even though we have been waiting 4 years to rebuild on my husband's post-Hurricane Katrina land we do live in the house I grew up in.

Now that we have to sue the developer over the post-Katrina house we would also be awash in atty fees except that my brother-in-law is a lawyer.

Of course, my brother-in-law was just let go by his firm so he is madly trying to jumpstart a practice of his own.

Fortunately the saying goes that Louisiana lawyers rake in the dough no matter what. Wink

It's also nice that he can use the upstairs of my house as a mini-appartment thus saving money and seeing us more. Rolling Eyes

And everyone tells me that all the wear and tear on my house is just cosmetic so there are no worries about the whole thing just falling down around us.

And lastly, I am assured that if I can just remain patient several more years there will be proof at the end of the rainbow that we are not already living in limbo...though I'm not clear if the Catholic Church recognizes Limbo as a place anymore.... though I do get anxious about where all those unbaptized baby souls are... Purgatory? Well, growing up Catholic in the 1960's does give me endless fodder for cocktail parties. Very Happy

THE SAINTS ARE 8 & 0! Either there is a god or start looking for that blue moon!

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Even though my filling fell out yesterday and I have been suffering from major tooth pain for the past 24 hours, I am thankful the dentist put in a pretty new white filling instead of silver.

And why worry about it still hurting, you can't even see it now!

http://www.track4va.com
TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Keep 'em coming people! cheers

JORDAN792

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:26 pm   Reply with quote         

work IS slow BUT I now have a lot more time to come here! I haven't had an open entry every day of the week for a long time. Smile Good idea Tofu.

Designed2522

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok here it goes... although my boss has desided to give me the shaft shift of 10:30 to 7pm which I cant stand, I miss traffic both ways. Im girlfirend has been out of work for "lord knows how long" and money is tight, I too come home to a clean house and a good hot meal. I just went for my state inspection the other day and got rejected.......I need a new Caty from my car for about 700.00....well this just plan sucks I cant find the silver lining for this! Crying or Very sad

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Silver Linings - Reply to topic