Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - Board game: How to bill Becomes a Law. - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Try to create a board game on How a Bill Becomes a Law

Important: We need to create just the "board" of the game by creating a special graphics within the "government" .. inserting the following information:

1. Use Internet or any resource that helps you to find information about "how a Bill becomes a Law.

2. Create your own game board that helps you and others learn how a bill becomes a law.

4. Brainstorm a word bank of terms that can be used as game cards as a bill moves from start to finish. Terms should include but are not limited to (we don'tneed to creat the cards.. just the board):

Speaker of the House, President of the Senate, Senate Pro Tempore, Standing Committee, Select committee, Conference Committee, Dilibuster, Veto, Pocket veto, Cloture, Rider, Mark-up.

Good luck Smile

6. Size: 20 x 20 (inches) Smile

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Flavin wrote:
Try to create a board game on How a Bill Becomes a Law

Important: We need to create just the "board" of the game by creating a special graphics within the "government" .. inserting the following information:

1. Use Internet or any resource that helps you to find information about "how a Bill becomes a Law.

2. Create your own game board that helps you and others learn how a bill becomes a law.

4. Brainstorm a word bank of terms that can be used as game cards as a bill moves from start to finish. Terms should include but are not limited to (we don'tneed to creat the cards.. just the board):

Speaker of the House, President of the Senate, Senate Pro Tempore, Standing Committee, Select committee, Conference Committee, Dilibuster, Veto, Pocket veto, Cloture, Rider, Mark-up.

Good luck Smile

6. Size: 20 x 20 (inches) Smile

Pretty sure this looks a lot like homework...just sayin'

YerPalAl

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:53 pm   Reply with quote         

. . . and we should do this, why? Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:56 pm   Reply with quote         

It is something asked me from some teacher but I'm Italian and I have some difficults to create it in english.. that's all...
You don't have to do it .. it is just for who wants to ..

MamaBallistic

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing

So you're not spam! You're just trying to get us to do your homework! Laughing

Damn, kids these days are clever, I never would have thought to get someone else to do my homework when I was at school nevermind some random person online Laughing

Clever kid!

YerPalAl

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Speaking as someone with some experience in game design, what you are wanting is usually done by a team of people over some months which in addition to devising rules and contingencies to make a playable and enjoyable product also involves graphic elements (either a board and pieces or cards or some other "hands on" way of interfacing with the game system) design. It also involves some serious bouts of play testing to make sure that rules which sound good in theory actually work in reality. In this case, you are also looking at a great deal of research into actual ways bills become law which is a process so arcane most people outside of government can't fathom it. I don't think your expectations for "someone" to knock this out for you in their spare time is very realistic.

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:22 pm   Reply with quote         

No.. I'm just asking for "design the board" of the game.. with photoshop or any other program.

MamaBallistic

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Flavin wrote:
No.. I'm just asking for "design the board" of the game.. with photoshop or any other program.

Is that all? Laughing

... so... lets talk business.... how much will this put in my bank account? Is it worth me staying up all night to design???? Hmmm

sage

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:26 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Speaking as someone with some experience in game design, what you are wanting is usually done by a team of people over some months which in addition to devising rules and contingencies to make a playable and enjoyable product also involves graphic elements (either a board and pieces or cards or some other "hands on" way of interfacing with the game system) design. It also involves some serious bouts of play testing to make sure that rules which sound good in theory actually work in reality. In this case, you are also looking at a great deal of research into actual ways bills become law which is a process so arcane most people outside of government can't fathom it. I don't think your expectations for "someone" to knock this out for you in their spare time is very realistic.

moosedude, the guy no habla ingles! contingencies... serious bouts... arcane...fathom Razz

well... no habla good, anyway... by his own admission, not mine... ah... nevermind....

and yes, it's well.

NURSE!!!

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:36 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:

lol teachers don't really expect a polished made-in-china product. Usually something drawn on a large piece of paper with some borrowed pieces from other random board games and a very simplistic goal. Usually people borrow another game entirely, like candyland or Monopoly and just substitute related matter into the game.

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:52 pm   Reply with quote         

. . . sorry, there I go, being a pro again. Embarassed

Go ahead and take it Mason. Laughing

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey YerPalAl .. do you think you're funny? I just though this was a forum like some others one.. where there are a lot of guys who likes to desing and do everything to design something new..

Don't be stupid writing down some stupid words in spanish.. I know spanish.. and you look just ..mmhh.. dumb?

Thanks

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Here ya go..

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey SCWIDVICIOUS... thank you very much for doing that.. I'm really glad.. I really appreciated..

How do you play with that board?

YerPalAl

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Flavin wrote:
Hey YerPalAl .. do you think you're funny? I just though this was a forum like some others one.. where there are a lot of guys who likes to desing and do everything to design something new..

Don't be stupid writing down some stupid words in spanish.. I know spanish.. and you look just ..mmhh.. dumb?

Thanks

Um, yeah, you come here trying to get someone to do your homework for you and I'M the stupid one? Rolling Eyes

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - Board game: How to bill Becomes a Law. - Reply to topic