Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Q. Can we have a 'Source free' comp now and then? - Reply to topic

Wiz

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Having found that PSC is recycling a lot of old images that nobody liked then and still didn't like the second and third times they were posted up.

I thought it was about time that PSC did what a lot of other Photoshop sites do... get us to use our imagination with a verbal brief like those on Worth1000 for example. There's nothing like starting with a blank screen, a given subject, and a headful of totally left field interpretation ideas! Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea

So guys, wadya think... If you need any convincing, as to give this idea a big resounding yea, then you only have to take a peek at some of the fantastic stuff being submitted over at Worth 1000.
(BTW: I used to post over there but not any more, their mods are intolerable, unlike our warm and cuddly ones here at PSC! Wink

To Recap:
The Wiz suggestion:- Every time PSC is tempted to use an old repeat image,
it should instead post a Verbal brief dreamed up by the likes of Reinman et al
LOL!

Wiz Smile

Wiz

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:52 pm   Reply with quote         

BTW: I think Splodge would have approved, God Bless his Soul

Wiz

ReyRey

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:12 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm game. Wink

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Hasn't this been brought up before and cries of "YOU'RE TRYING TO MAKE THIS W1K!" were brought forth.

That being said I like the idea. Perhaps you should have a poll so interest level can be gauged.

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:13 pm   Reply with quote         

We've done this a couple times before minus the description part. There was a blank canvas contest, and a modern blank canvas contest.

I don't see a problem with the idea of having this kind of contest.

Michel

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:
Having found that PSC is recycling a lot of old images that nobody liked then and still didn't like the second and third times they were posted up.

Do you mean that the same images were up for voting to be used as a source or that the same image was used twice as a daily source? I'm asking because I haven't been around the last few months, so maybe some weirdness might've happened while I was gone.

Dechene

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:19 pm   Reply with quote         

I'd love this sort of comp.

Even if it was like the theme (TCM?) game some guys play on here every now & again, a theme with a source would be great.

I'd like to use a source image for it though, I get a kick out of seeing what other people do with the same image that I had to work with. With no source required, you may just get lucky on google images and just have do a little cut n pasting for the comp.

With a source though, you would have to work hard to convert it to what you need, oooh, now i'm getting excited, lets do it! Very Happy

rockyjob

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Yet it should be a rule to show your sources for this one... a lot of people do crazy things to win..

JORDAN792

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:54 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Hasn't this been brought up before and cries of "YOU'RE TRYING TO MAKE THIS W1K!" were brought forth.

That being said I like the idea. Perhaps you should have a poll so interest level can be gauged.
yeah

Cartoon Contractor

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Great idea to me! Let's do it! thumright

anfa

Post Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:08 am   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
Yet it should be a rule to show your sources for this one... a lot of people do crazy things to win..

I agree with this fella! Smile

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:57 pm   Reply with quote         

I've brought this idea up to the mods. It was originally one of Splodge's ideas (you're right, he would've approved) to make some changes on the site.

If you guys/gals have more suggestions to add interest in PSC please post them here. Thanks. Very Happy

Wiz, you may want to add a poll to this thread...just a thought.

Post Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:58 pm   Reply with quote         

I posted this as a 'source' around Feb 08. Never seen it come up in the voting.
So if you are keen, knock a few up, stick 'em on 1280 x 960 and post 'em as sources. Surely if there were a few in the queue, we'd be bound to see one for voting occasionally.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Q. Can we have a 'Source free' comp now and then? - Reply to topic