Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - What the.... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Pardon me for getting a little frustrated here, but I'm going through the entries today and seeing the mods being attacked for this. First off... We don't select the images. We go through submitted images to weed out bad sources. I already explained why this happened with todays speed comp.

There was an error. We're trying to fix it. Now please, give us time to do so. Despite what many of you apparently think, we are not out to mess with you.

Actual good chops are losing to these images. People that spent time on this source even though they've chopped it before. You talk about "how PSC is these days," just look at the real chops. Losing to chops that are just there to attack and flame the mods and PSC in general... I guess THAT's how PSC is these days...

annajon

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:40 pm   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
Wow... I hate to be ridiculed without even a chance to explain what's going on.

First I'll address the issue at hand.

The speed chop source is the stove until the last minute on all speed chops. Usually someone (it's a particular person, but I'm not going name names...) changes it at the last minute. This is done so that us mods can't see the source before the comp opens. This is done manually. The person who does this manually has not been around much lately which brings us to today.

I work the late shift, so I just woke up. I'm sorry I'm not omnipotent. Waking up and addressing the issue is the best I can do.

Second, the issue of the mods being lazy, good-for-nothing arseholes who only want to make you people suffer. This is untrue. As tofu said, we do this in our spare time. Unfortunately, PSC can't come before real life. And in real life I need sleep.

Nobody is dissing your work as Mods, TutorMe, even though some people do ventilate a bit. But as you already know when the next speed shop contest will be, on the calendar, you could in theory put up a new image, after the speed chop reserve image has been used.

So, now the Stove has been used, you can put up a new image as reserve, that way nobody will ever be the wiser, at least not one of the non Mod people on PSC.

Just a thought....

Happy festive days.

ReinMan

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:45 pm   Reply with quote         

If you people would just let us MODs PEEK at the "speedchop" image then we wouldn't have to HIDE it from ourselves and try slipping in the proper PREVIOUSLY UNSEEN source picture at the last moment. This would also allow MODs (who are HUMAN btw Shocked) to drink heavily the night before and not have to worry about putting in the Correct Damned Photo whilst nursing a Hideous Throbbing Hangover! drunken

(not saying that is what happened today, but it COULD happen Raising Brow)

It's not like any of us are that GOOD at chopping anyway - we need all the help we can get! Razz

annajon

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:49 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
If you people would just let us MODs PEEK at the "speedchop" image then we wouldn't have to HIDE it from ourselves and try slipping in the proper PREVIOUSLY UNSEEN source picture at the last moment. This would also allow MODs (who are HUMAN btw Shocked) to drink heavily the night before and not have to worry about putting in the Correct Damned Photo whilst nursing a Hideous Throbbing Hangover! drunken

(not saying that is what happened today, but it COULD happen Raising Brow)

It's not like any of us are that GOOD at chopping anyway - we need all the help we can get! Razz

I have always thought that you Mods already knew the Speed chop image, that you just covered it up somehow with that thumbnail.... so I would not have a problem with that at all ReinMan.

bigbuck

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:07 pm   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
Pardon me for getting a little frustrated here, but I'm going through the entries today and seeing the mods being attacked for this.
Whoa! I've just been through the entries, so I guess you're talking about mine? It wasn't meant to "attack the mods" it was some light hearted fun with a source that we've had before....

TutorMe wrote:
Actual good chops are losing to these images.
Please feel free to point out the shortcomings. After 4 years here and 450 odd chops, I'm not going to just post crap..... So feel free to let me know how to improve my PS skills, and make my chop like some of the "actual good ones".

TutorMe wrote:
People that spent time on this source even though they've chopped it before. You talk about "how PSC is these days," just look at the real chops. Losing to chops that are just there to attack and flame the mods and PSC in general... I guess THAT's how PSC is these days...
I spent the better part of an hour on this, and again it was supposed to be a bit of fun under the circumstances. Now remember, I've chopped this source before too! It crossed my mind to enter my previous chop, but I thought I'd try and make the best of a bad situation. From my point of view (having chopped the source before), it's a little stifling in terms of creativity. There goes one idea, and another 43 possible ideas from the previous comp.

It's really no big deal to me that the source got repeated, it's just a SNAFU. But I get the impression that I'm being attacked for this. I suppose I could have just run the plastic wrap filter over it and written something corny? Instead I just tried to make a realistic and funny chop.

Merry Christmas.

rockyjob

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:12 pm   Reply with quote         

As far as I'm concerned I don't think you guys need to hide the source image from yourselves. I trust you Mods, and you were chosen to be mods for a reason. And it would be much more efficient that ways anyway.

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:17 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
TutorMe wrote:
Pardon me for getting a little frustrated here, but I'm going through the entries today and seeing the mods being attacked for this.
Whoa! I've just been through the entries, so I guess you're talking about mine? It wasn't meant to "attack the mods" it was some light hearted fun with a source that we've had before....

TutorMe wrote:
Actual good chops are losing to these images.
Please feel free to point out the shortcomings. After 4 years here and 450 odd chops, I'm not going to just post crap..... So feel free to let me know how to improve my PS skills, and make my chop like some of the "actual good ones".

TutorMe wrote:
People that spent time on this source even though they've chopped it before. You talk about "how PSC is these days," just look at the real chops. Losing to chops that are just there to attack and flame the mods and PSC in general... I guess THAT's how PSC is these days...
I spent the better part of an hour on this, and again it was supposed to be a bit of fun under the circumstances. Now remember, I've chopped this source before too! It crossed my mind to enter my previous chop, but I thought I'd try and make the best of a bad situation. From my point of view (having chopped the source before), it's a little stifling in terms of creativity. There goes one idea, and another 43 possible ideas from the previous comp.

It's really no big deal to me that the source got repeated, it's just a SNAFU. But I get the impression that I'm being attacked for this. I suppose I could have just run the plastic wrap filter over it and written something corny? Instead I just tried to make a realistic and funny chop.

Merry Christmas.

I was talking about a particular chop that was posted the last time this source went up. Although I did quote a comment posted in your chop. At the time I posted, I thought there were more reposts. Sorry for that confusion.

I'll admit I didn't look at yours for too long as I was in a rather poor mood at the time. My apologies for that also.

ReinMan

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Big Buck wrote:
Please feel free to point out the shortcomings. After 4 years here and 450 odd chops, I'm not going to just post crap.....

I wouldn't say they were "odd".

Weird, maybe.

Ozz-ish? Certainly, at times.

But NEVER "odd".

reindeer

Cartoon Contractor

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Damn people! One little repeat speed chop and everyone gets their panties in a knot!! All I can say is

GET OVER IT!

JORDAN792

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:14 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree the mods should see the source before hand just so this doesn't happen but, I also think it's bogus to BLAME the mods over this... You all know how this system works now so stfuac and maybe stop and ask if you really think the mods posted it again on purpose... would they really do that? I doubt it, so that only leaves one option... IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!

rockyjob

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:46 pm   Reply with quote         

JORDAN792 wrote:
I agree the mods should see the source before hand just so this doesn't happen but, I also think it's bogus to BLAME the mods over this... You all know how this system works now so stfuac and maybe stop and ask if you really think the mods posted it again on purpose... would they really do that? I doubt it, so that only leaves one option... IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!

Jordan, we all know it was an accident. And frankly I didn't know how the system worked til a few hours ago. Now that I know, I'm sorry guys for my overreaction. I blamed the mods instead of the system. But Jordan, not on any means did anyone think it was on purpose, they are Mods for a reason Wink

jasper

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:57 pm   Reply with quote         

My only question is, can the issue be resolved before the Jan 8th comp?

I manage a few databases. My 2 cents is create a table that has a few columns in it. Say, the ID of the image and a few other pieces of info in other columns, one of them being a "flag" that says if it has been used in a comp ever (like a 1 vs a 0), and if the system picks it, it will automatically re-pick until it hits on one that does not have the flag.

Of course I say this with NO knowledge of how it currently works.

supak0ma

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:48 am   Reply with quote         

I guess this outcome was heavily influenced by the peculiar period of the year, unfortunately only a few people (and righteously so) can make changes happen so when they're missing nothing can be done. Maybe things will change for the better in the near future, in the meantime enjoy the festivities and STFUAC Smile

I was tempted to repost my entry that tied with nancy's!! Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - What the.... - Reply to topic