Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - School Thesis! - Reply to topic

soulrock

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:31 am   Reply with quote         

Hello PSC!

I will be having my thesis this month. I chose Corporate Identity Program for my research study. And the chosen product is guitar made by Reputana Guitar.
We are required to submit corporate manual, advertising strategy, media strategy and planning and thematic applications. Because our library is lack of resources,I've research about corporate identity in the net and it gives me headache. Of course, this is my study, I will be the one to do it. But, can you give me some pieces of advice guys! I am having difficulty in choosing the right font type and font color for the logo.And about corporate manual, I don't know what it is. I can't find any sample in the net.

And everything about corporate identity that can help my study! If any!

Thank you very much!
Carlos

supak0ma

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:55 am   Reply with quote         

a corporate manual contains guidelines to be used by third parties or in house organs for the designs throughout your corporate identity, for example measures of logo for advertising, video, letterhead, letter paper specifications, exact color specifications (so it prints exactly the same all over the world for example) etc. but your professors should be explaining this to you i think..

YerPalAl

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Try contacting the company and explain your project, they should be able to supply all the information supak0ma listed. Just go to the source.

buckie74

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:39 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
a corporate manual contains guidelines to be used by third parties or in house organs for the designs throughout your corporate identity, for example measures of logo for advertising, video, letterhead, letter paper specifications, exact color specifications (so it prints exactly the same all over the world for example) etc. but your professors should be explaining this to you i think..

Thanks sup!

I think my instructor will discuss it to us later. He's just giving us the overview of the subject. For me, I want to be ahead of time to prepare and understand the research better. So that I will not be having difficulty when the research starts. This is an opportunity for me to be ahead from my classmates. And actually, during each discussion of my instructor I cannot understand the lessons quickly. So, I guess it is better for me to research ahead of time. Right?

I think I got what your saying, because every article that I've research lately mostly mention the word consistency.

So corporate identity needs to be consistent?

Am, I'll try to look up for some sample to make it clearer.

By the way thanks!

soulrock

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:48 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Try contacting the company and explain your project, they should be able to supply all the information supak0ma listed. Just go to the source.

Thanks yerpal!

I did go there and unfortunately this company is just a small guitar company and the owner don't get to understand much the problem I presented.
The company never tried to promote their existence. Sadly, they don't have any sign or symbol to present their company. That's why I chose this company. And the good news is that the owner is open minded. He wants to learn about advertising more.

soulrock

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:00 am   Reply with quote         

buckie74 wrote:

Thank you very much patti!

You find the article amazing!

Actually the article covers Jun Reputana which is exactly from our place who made the guitar! They were able to give me the magazine where the article was published. Sadly the guitar , I think has no identifying symbol from the maker. And that time until now it is still the problem of reputana. No stable logo or corporate identity. They never engage in any promotion and or advertising.

I'm so thankful for the links you gave to me! This will help me a lot!

buckie74

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

Glad to help!

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - School Thesis! - Reply to topic