Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - New user; how do I begin? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:18 pm   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
Wow. Everyone who called him spam just got pwnt.

Welcome Mr. Ninja. Very Happy

Thanks, its' about time. Very Happy

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:38 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

note to the mods: I used softcore language such as dumb... so don´t even start picking on me for language... there´s a movie called dumb and dumber and it´s rated PG-13... http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0109686/

so just leave me alone... fucktards...

you??? Nevah!! Razz
Welcome to PSC, Ninja#9. Very Happy

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Well I thought I was polite gave you a link tried to chat to you in chat so I could help you out...but I guess it must have been my thick Aussie accent Laughing

If you want to put your skills where your moth is then may I suggest you put your name down here mate.
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=13267
Im sure there will be a few people to take you on.

ReinMan

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Howdy NinjaDude2theNINES,

We are all a bit "sensitive" here since we got our community SWINE POO shots.

Stick around and chop a while! Smile

ReinDawg

P.S. though our name is "PHOTOSHOPcontest" we are happy with any PixelPushingAPP you may wish to use, as long as it isn't a 3D app like StudioMAX or HOSER. Wink Yes, yes... even your cursed GIMP will be (somewhat) welcomed. Twisted Evil

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:40 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Well I thought I was polite gave you a link tried to chat to you in chat so I could help you out...but I guess it must have been my thick Aussie accent Laughing

If you want to put your skills where your moth is then may I suggest you put your name down here mate.
Im sure there will be a few people to take you on.

You were all right and helpful- I guess I had forgotten when I went in my pity party.. Very Happy
I hadn't noticed that it was you in the chat room, either.

Thanks!

Oh and call me NNN, everyone.

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:03 pm   Reply with quote         

NinjaNumberNine wrote:
Whoah, I see what it is. You're all jealous because I got the GIMP, y'all are trying to get me scared off the forums before I make PhotoShop look like the crap it is. Oops, scratch that- EXPENSIVE crap.
OK, I'll leave- and give you the day off.
But when I come back, just wait- you spammer-hammerers. I haven't posted spam- ever- untill this post maybe. Shocked

I will laugh at your calamity, and shake the dust of my sandals as I leave this unholy place... Razz

PS: Yeah I use GIMP. I cheat. But if it makes you happy, I also used PhotoShop for a full minute once- it gave me brain damage though, and I lovingly turned back to the Gimp.

PPS: Also you guys give pathetic contest regulations. I couldn't even submit a decent desktop-sized image, and i can't submit a .png at all- anyone wanna explain THAT?
As all professional products, PhotoShop comes with a long line of spammers, haughty owners and a cold and unfriendly community. Try to find a post as icy as ANY of the previous ones (besides the first one) in this topic on a GIMP forums-

Proudly Linux Oriented and Open Sourced,

-The "Spammer"

I like you. A lot. That 'tude in the face of the 'tude you got is AWESOME. Please stick around. You'll fit in around here I think. Cool

As for GIMP I used to use it and there's a few here that use it as well. If memory serves Azionite uses GIMP in his chops. The site is Photoshop only for the conveyance that the site is about manipulating images. Heck we've even had some that used MSPaint to do their work. Shocked

As for the image sizes the point is not to create desktop wallpapers. The point is to create a great image within the size restrictions. It's part of the challenge. However you can get Advantage to get a bigger image size.

As for PNG I'm betting it wasn't originally supported because the biggest browser on the market didn't support PNG properly until a version ago. I don't claim that IE is a good browser simply that it had the biggest market share. Plus going with JPG evened out the field for the size restrictions (since some PNGs can be better in a smaller size). Anyway GIMP can save to JPG so you shouldn't have an issue. I can't wait to see some of your entries.

Speaking of entries... if you haven't discerned yet; there's a contest every day. They start at 8:00 a.m. US Eastern and they run for 3 days. Entries can be uploaded at any time in the 3 day run (even right up to the contest close). So there's always 3 active contests. You can enter up to 2 images in each contest. Advantage users can pre-enter a single image to a contest up to 30 days in advance.

Stick around, participate and ask questions. You'll fit in. Oh and look up janetdog. He's a loyal Linux user too (and there's probably others). Cool

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:34 am   Reply with quote         

welcome NNN (how do you spell that? Laughing ) (damn, thats almost as corny as something Reinman would do... I said ALMOST Shocked )

I have used gimp, linux... wasnt bad.. come on in and show us what we have been missing.. looking forward to it.

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:38 am   Reply with quote         

it's funny, cause as soon as I step in, half the mod staff shows up...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

ReinMan

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:59 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

Bullshit. I'M not here! Raising Brow

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:59 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

You're right dude... It's all because of you... Rolling Eyes

Cartoon Contractor

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:57 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Oh and look up janetdog. He's a loyal Linux user too (and there's probably others). Cool

Janetdog is a HE?? Hmmm You learn something new everyday in this place!! Laughing Laughing I woulda bet my right nut that janetdog was a she! Very Happy I mean, isn't Janet a GIRL name?

ReinMan

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:31 am   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:
Oh and look up janetdog. He's a loyal Linux user too (and there's probably others). Cool

Janetdog is a HE?? Hmmm You learn something new everyday in this place!! Laughing Laughing I woulda bet my right nut that janetdog was a she! Very Happy I mean, isn't Janet a GIRL name?

Nope. He just ACTS like a girl Twisted Evil
I've had a beer with her, er... HIM and I can vouch for his manliness and Desert Charm. Very Happy

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Cartoon Contractor wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:

Nope. He just ACTS like a girl Twisted Evil
I've had a beer with her, er... HIM and I can vouch for his manliness and Desert Charm. Very Happy

Yup! I agree. He's sweet, tender & sensible like a girl. That makes sometimes people confused... Smile

ReyRey

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:27 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
it's funny, cause as soon as the mods step in, half my staff grows up...

supak0ma

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:47 am   Reply with quote         

what's going on here? Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - New user; how do I begin? - Reply to topic