Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Let's all try to participate more in the contests. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

L@rue

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

You are loged then you are loged, You are not loged then you are not loged

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         

I meant to vote in the duck contest, i just got side tracked.

I also try to chop at times, but either cant find the ideas(cause those dont come easy to me) or i have something happen which causes it all to fail miserably.

looks like I need to get my juices flowing again in the creative side.. seems as though as soon as my pad was delivered, my train of thought went out the window..

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:13 pm   Reply with quote         

SCWIDVICIOUS wrote:
I meant to vote in the duck contest, i just got side tracked.

I also try to chop at times, but either cant find the ideas(cause those dont come easy to me) or i have something happen which causes it all to fail miserably.

looks like I need to get my juices flowing again in the creative side.. seems as though as soon as my pad was delivered, my train of thought went out the window..

You're doing fine SV Wink

ReyRey

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:
For me its not about the votes or who wins any more, I have fought those battles, won some lost most.

I'm here for the community, true I don't vote all that often and when I do its few in number. I still help others and answer with honesty all pms I receive when asked to comment on some ones image. Daily contest I still look at them but I don't vote any more I don't have to, it is my choice after all.

I know what ya saying Rey, but well its a choice thing I don't enter contest much now either but I'm still here doing the best I can like many other non-voters that still participate with other parts of the site...shit I think I won my first contest with 20 votes so may be its just turn around.

Don't get so upset by it all, (it don't do no good trust me on that one mate) it has always been a seasonal type of thing around here. Chill my brother and have a beer on me K. Very Happy

I get ya Blue but this place is called Photoshop Contest, Not Facebook. Ya know what I mean?? Wink I'm not saying that all that other stuff is not a part of this site but the contests should be first and foremost.

I don't know 2Rey, this compete and win stuff makes this place less enjoyable for me. Yeah its about contests but winning and prises have taken over and to tell the truth angry attitudes don't fix the problems.

A lot of people put a great deal of time and effort into this place to make it the best it is, so why don't we just concentrate on the positive and enjoy what is good. Yeah its photoshop contest but come on man find the good in this place and hi-lite that would for me be more productive. I guess I'm just over all the contest/compete stuff and looking for the fun stuff.

Wish more people were like that, may be the contest would be fun again and not about winning. Smile

You may like to go and visit your freinds at the coffee shop, but if you don't buy the coffee the place closes. You can't say " this place is about meeting freinds and I think the whole idea of the coffee is not what this world should be about"
That makes no sense. Many people have many reasons for being here but what brought them here was Photoshop. That's what this place is about. You can still have your freindly stuff (I like that part too) but let's strengthen what this place is really all about.
A CONTEST. A Photoshop contest. A place to learn and teach PS and make some freinds along the way. Fine. Be kind, have freinds, play games and chat but contribute to what this site really is. A contest. There are always going to be mean people or overcompetitive ones.
That doesn't mean you stop playing hockey because a fight might break out.
Compete. Live life with passion. The great players are the ones with passion.

blue_lurker

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:49 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:
For me its not about the votes or who wins any more, I have fought those battles, won some lost most.

I'm here for the community, true I don't vote all that often and when I do its few in number. I still help others and answer with honesty all pms I receive when asked to comment on some ones image. Daily contest I still look at them but I don't vote any more I don't have to, it is my choice after all.

I know what ya saying Rey, but well its a choice thing I don't enter contest much now either but I'm still here doing the best I can like many other non-voters that still participate with other parts of the site...shit I think I won my first contest with 20 votes so may be its just turn around.

Don't get so upset by it all, (it don't do no good trust me on that one mate) it has always been a seasonal type of thing around here. Chill my brother and have a beer on me K. Very Happy

I get ya Blue but this place is called Photoshop Contest, Not Facebook. Ya know what I mean?? Wink I'm not saying that all that other stuff is not a part of this site but the contests should be first and foremost.

I don't know 2Rey, this compete and win stuff makes this place less enjoyable for me. Yeah its about contests but winning and prises have taken over and to tell the truth angry attitudes don't fix the problems.

A lot of people put a great deal of time and effort into this place to make it the best it is, so why don't we just concentrate on the positive and enjoy what is good. Yeah its photoshop contest but come on man find the good in this place and hi-lite that would for me be more productive. I guess I'm just over all the contest/compete stuff and looking for the fun stuff.

Wish more people were like that, may be the contest would be fun again and not about winning. Smile

You may like to go and visit your freinds at the coffee shop, but if you don't buy the coffee the place closes. You can't say " this place is about meeting freinds and I think the whole idea of the coffee is not what this world should be about"
That makes no sense. Many people have many reasons for being here but what brought them here was Photoshop. That's what this place is about. You can still have your freindly stuff (I like that part too) but let's strengthen what this place is really all about.
A CONTEST. A Photoshop contest. A place to learn and teach PS and make some freinds along the way. Fine. Be kind, have freinds, play games and chat but contribute to what this site really is. A contest. There are always going to be mean people or overcompetitive ones.
That doesn't mean you stop playing hockey because a fight might break out.
Compete. Live life with passion. The great players are the ones with passion.

Wow Rey settle down will ya, I live MY life as I wish, and I dont need some one to tell me if I should vote or if I should not, its my choice. If you think its all about the contest then you have missed the real heart of PSC...I dont know but a lot of people here are so freakin up tight about this win at all cost...man its not sheep stations your not going to loose ya life if ya don't vote or don't compete.

Come on all you have said is whats wrong with this place, I know you are competitive but people have the right to come here and enjoy what parts they want, and to tell the truth I for one am sick and bloody tired of people having a go at what wrong and doing nothing about it or quitting when it gets tuff.

ReyRey wrote:
And only 7 entries today???? Shocked WTF

Well mate wheres your entry, come on Rey put your money where your mouth is.

ReyRey

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok. Let me put it this way. Let's show some respect to the people that worked so hard on
their images, by taking a look at what they have done, and make them feel good by giving a precious vote or helping them improve by commenting. That is why they are here. They have passion that deserves a respect.

ReyRey

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Blue. I do compete every chance I get and I comment. You would know that if you were looking.
Also, I think you missed what this place is about and where it's heart is. I have great passion for this site. People do not come here to meet freinds. That happens after they join. People come here because they saw a really cool picture that made them want to join. THAT is what it is about. All the other stuff is extra.

blue_lurker

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:00 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Ok. Let me put it this way. Let's show some respect to the people that worked so hard on
their images, by taking a look at what they have done, and make them feel good by giving a precious vote or helping them improve by commenting. That is why they are here. They have passion that deserves a respect.

So now because I dont vote Im disrespecting them.
Mate you have a nerve you know that.
You have more talent in your little finger than Im ever going to have in my life, but you have this destructive streak that I dont understand. Its choppers like you that should be writing tutes and having show and tells and yes I know you have done so in the past and I have learnt from them as have many others. I just dont understand why you have to find the bad/not good and throw it out there like its some ones fault. I have a choice and I choose not to vote for what ever reasons just as you have a choice, why make it the never ending issue here at PSC.

So much good you can do but you choose to stir the shit.

Lets just agree to disagree

Heinlein

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with everyone's opinion.

However, I have said it before. I believe many former PSC'ers have gone to the other side.

Maybe we should look at how we can market the site to draw in more newbies and to retain the talent we have.

We can start by researching what the competitors do to retain members.

Just a thought.

TJ

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:01 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:

Your saying there prizes here?....... No one told me that!! Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing

ReyRey

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:10 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
ReyRey wrote:

So now because I don't vote I'm disrespecting them.
Mate you have a nerve you know that.
You have more talent in your little finger than I'm ever going to have in my life, but you have this destructive streak that I don't understand. Its choppers like you that should be writing tutes and having show and tells and yes I know you have done so in the past and I have learnt from them as have many others. I just dont understand why you have to find the bad/not good and throw it out there like its some ones fault. I have a choice and I choose not to vote for what ever reasons just as you have a choice, why make it the never ending issue here at PSC.

So much good you can do but you choose to stir the shit.

Lets just agree to disagree

You just don't get it Blue. I am not stirring up shit. I am stirring up passion and stirring up good. Is wanting folks to participate so bad???? If you don't want to vote that is fine. I am not telling you how to live or what to do. I am only reminding people what they came here for in the first place. If I took a pole right now and asked how you found this site or why you came, less than 20% would say, I heard it was a friendly place to make friends. They came here to show their talents and get some feedback. Is that so bad?? If you think it is, then that is fine, you don't have to vote or comment, I am talking to the people who would like to but just have forgotten or lost the urge. That is all. You want me to forget that the car doesn't run and just be happy that the radio works. I don't understand that. But that is ok too. we are all allowed our opinion. I am doing no harm here. Only good. So have a beer on me and just let me go. Wink I just don't understand why what I am saying bothers you so much. I am not saying anything bad.
Why did you come here. I bet you were pretty competitive when you first got here. I bet you came to show your art and get some feedback. We are artists. That is what we do. We want others to like what we do and comment.

blue_lurker

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:15 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Blue. I do compete every chance I get and I comment. You would know that if you were looking.

Rey Im here every single day for at least 2 hours and I do look at every image and I do comment but not in the open any more its not worth the hassle. We all dont have the skills to back us up like you do so people get very narky when you comment and you know that

ReyRey wrote:

Also, I think you missed what this place is about and where it's heart is.

Well if the new heart of PSC is win at all cost and fuck every one else then you can have it, because if its all about the votes then its not worth being here.

Geez Rey you have been here just as long as me, have you forgotten all the fun stuff.

ReyRey wrote:
People do not come here to meet friends. That happens after they join. People come here because they saw a really cool picture that made them want to join. THAT is what it is about. All the other stuff is extra.

I cant agree with that look at the amount of people that still come here that don't vote don't enter contest but yet there here every day to catch up with friends...yeah granted they joined because of PS, but there still here because of the friends.

Even now chat is only half of what it was not even that, but I know that L@rue will be in there and Leif, Buck, caf, dewking, Tina and many others they don't vote or enter contest so what they don't count because they don't vote or enter contests.

Come on Rey remember the fun, yeah PSC has always had its problems but is it not time we sorted them out with out having to make a big deal out of them.

Think of all the new members reading this post, (Yet another negative thread) and think geez wont come here they got problems with there contests and votes.

I know you heart is in the right place, and I know you love this site but in my opinion this is as has always been the wrong way to fix things at PSC.

ReyRey

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Well if the new heart of PSC is win at all cost and fuck every one else then you can have it, because if its all about the votes then its not worth being here.

Nobody said that Blue. You are seeing what you want to see.
When you joined here you entered almost every day. Something happened to stop you. I am not sure what it was but I wish it never happened because I miss your chops.
Yes. people still come here for there friends and don't chop, but that is not why they came here in the first place. I really think you are way off base thinking that I mean harm. You are the one who seems to have negative feelings about things. You seem to think everyone who competes and likes it is evil and is mean. I don't know why. Confused Not really sure why you are jumping at me. Hmmm

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:32 pm   Reply with quote         

sorry didnt vote on duck chop! ive been busy getting ready for baby coming will try to make more of an effort Smile

blue_lurker

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:33 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Quote:

Nobody said that Blue. You are seeing what you want to see.
When you joined here you entered almost every day. Something happened to stop you. I am not sure what it was but I wish it never happened because I miss your chops.
Yes. people still come here for there friends and don't chop, but that is not why they came here in the first place. I really think you are way off base thinking that I mean harm. You are the one who seems to have negative feelings about things. You seem to think everyone who competes and likes it is evil and is mean. I don't know why. Confused

No Rey I think this win attitude is what sucks, and Im not the only one. PSC use to be about learning and teaching now its about winning and winning and winning, if not then why are you so worried about how many votes are out there. I enjoyed annas image told her so, same as a lot of other people. So what if there were only 18 votes thats not important and I know it was not important to anna.

Im saying why hi-lite the faults instead of focusing on the positive...who cares if the images are down shit we have had some contest with only 3 images to start, like todays...yet people still come here and still enter and still have fun...the votes dont matter and for me never have. Check back to all them years ago and see just how much the votes mattered to me.

And with regards to me not chopping, when you cant hold the mouse or pen in ya hand cause you shake so much, it makes it hard to chop. But I dont come here for the vote or the win I come here because its where I like to spend my time, and yes Rey I think to many people concentrate on the votes and the win to much but they are not evil there just human, is it so wrong to want to show them a different side of PSC.

Oh on a side note, I entered every day here because Jerry made me, he was the first person that gave me advice and every chop after I ask for his opinion and got an honest one at that. Thats what PSC is about note the bloody votes.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Let's all try to participate more in the contests. - Reply to topic