Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - New Apple iPad - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:37 pm   Reply with quote         

24 minutes ago apple released its new...

Apple iPad

"Live Broadcast" http://www.ustream.tv/leolaporte

Here is the link

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/the-apple-ipad/

After nearly a decade of rumors and speculation, Apple's finally unveiled the iPad. It's a half-inch thick and weighs just 1.5 pounds, with a 9.7-inch capacitive touchscreen IPS LCD display, and it's running a custom 1GHz Apple "A4" chip developed by P.A. Semi, with a 10-hour battery life and a month of standby. It'll come in 16, 32, and 64GB sizes, and it's got the expected connectivity: very little. There's a 30-pin Dock connector, a speaker, a microphone, Bluetooth, and 802.11n WiFi. As expected, it can run iPhone apps -- either pixel-for-pixel in a window, or pixel-doubled fullscreen.

Apple says there's room for a third device between the smartphone and the laptop, and that it has to be better at tasks like browsing, email, photos, e-books, and videos than both -- netbooks, says Steve, "aren't better at anything." It looks just like the leak we saw, with a large touchscreen keyboard that Steve says is "a dream to type on," and an interface that's very reminiscent of the iPhone, although it's significantly expanded and altered. The built-in apps are much more Mac-like than iPhone-like, with versions of iPhoto and iTunes that look like touch-oriented versions of their desktop counterparts. There's also some built-in location services that lets the Map app auto-locate. Obviously the iTunes store is built-in for previewing and buying media.
%Gallery-84025

Developing... check out the ongoing Apple keynote coverage in the liveblog!

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Here is a link to all the stuff the new "iPad" can do...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/live-from-the-apple-tablet-latest-creation-event/

supak0ma

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         

a very large novelty iphone? nice! Laughing

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:51 pm   Reply with quote         

I can't say I don't like apple, but this looks stupid.

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I really don't see much that an iPhone can't do.. except the full-size qwerty keyboard... Am I missing something?

seamusoisin

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Just another instrument that invades your privacy. Don't we spend enough time connected? Go outside, take a deep breathe, enjoy that feeling of being alone and at peace, even if it's only for a minute. Devices in your ear, the damn cel phone sending signals from your pocket to your ear. How important is what you need to hear that it can't wait. What are you doing heart transplants. You know the next thing will be Browntooth connectivity and you know where they are going to put that!!! More crap!!

Now I'm going out for a beer and you can take this Jobs and sh.......

OK I feel better!!!

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Azionite wrote:
I really don't see much that an iPhone can't do.. except the full-size qwerty keyboard... Am I missing something?

I was talking with a co-worker about the Nexus One from Google a few weeks ago. He's got an HTC Hero and it's basically identical to the Nexus One. We started comparing it to the iPhone and the Android platform kicks the iPhone's ass.

Anyway we agreed that the new smartphones are basically just tiny netbooks anymore. At this point I made the prediction that eventually a small netbook would be your phone and you'd just use a bluetooth headset for actual speaking.

I think this iPad, lame as it may look, is the first step in that direction.

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:29 pm   Reply with quote         

i think your right tofu.

you can already do that with a laptop, softphone from vonage, and a decent connection.

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:50 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
a very large novelty iphone? nice! Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
That's exactly what I was thinking. Smile

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:51 pm   Reply with quote         

this is something for the 75 million iphone users...who want something like it but larger. For movies, newspapers, photos, etc. I wouldn't spend that much time doing "real" work on it. Maybe something fun to take on a plane trip or road trip.

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:00 pm   Reply with quote         

A load of crap. It's not even a proper mac as most people wanted (that is run mac-os X, within a touch screen computer), do people even need this? If it were a proper computer, then perhaps it would have some proper usability, but otherwise, what's the point?

Some of the supposed rumor models look better than the iPad.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/26/the-apple-tablet-a-complete-history-supposedly/

Tarmac

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:06 pm   Reply with quote         

I personally don't acquire any first generation device or app. even if it does come sanctified from Almighty Apple. As with any new tech, Apple or not, the best strategy is wait and see, rather than buy and suffer at the bleeding edge. Wink

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Actually I was just looking at the specs. At $499 for the base model I could see my wife using this for what she normally does on the desktop (email, hitting facebook and general web surfing, solitaire, etc). Would go a long way to keeping her off "my" computer. Laughing

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
Just another instrument that invades your privacy. Don't we spend enough time connected? Go outside, take a deep breathe, enjoy that feeling of being alone and at peace, even if it's only for a minute.

Yes! That's it! Smile
I never had a cellphone... and I'll try to never buy one.
So... that new thing isn't for me.

Wiz

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Free apps! LOL!

[img]
[/img]

Wiz

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - New Apple iPad - Reply to topic