Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Opinions? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

MonkeeDrummer

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:23 am   Reply with quote         

So once again, I look to the wizards of PSC for some opinions. The theme is: "life is better with art in it"? I'm not done yet, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Let me know what you think of it so far.
Full Res is 3300X5100 so some detail is lost, but you get the idea.

MonkeeDrummer

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:21 am   Reply with quote         

Anybody? Please...

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:29 am   Reply with quote         

ok...the way you made "Art" and "Color" is kind of cool. The byline, "So live in Color" is good but....
How does the image depict great use of color?

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:12 am   Reply with quote         

There is a person in the image going against the message. This person is leaving color for the monochrome side of town. I would reverse the color vs black and white, make the person walking away from black and white, and walking toward the color.
This is a winter month shot, so the trees look dead... this is good for the black and white areas... but I would bring the trees in color to life with foliage and flowers. Since you are talking about art, create the leaves on the trees and make it a obvious that you have created them, giving it a pleasant Thomas Kincaide look to it. Make it feel like Spring.

There is also a wall in the area I want in color... some cool graffiti might be good, but that might portray a negative message... perhaps a mural on the fence would help illustrate the message.

glennhanna

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:03 am   Reply with quote         

This is a rough sketch of what I'm talking about. Forgive the slop, It's just a rough cut to illustrate an idea.

glennhanna

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:08 am   Reply with quote         

I also agree what Eve said. The top Art doesn't bother me as much as the word Color does.

blue_lurker

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:03 am   Reply with quote         

Ok my take on this.

1. put some bored disinterested black and white people in the dull part

2. Put fun lively people in th ecolor part

3. Put some one half and half...fun one side...dull the other

No need to thank me only trin ta help Wink

ReyRey

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:26 am   Reply with quote         

MonkeeDrummer wrote:
So once again, I look to the wizards of PSC for some opinions. The theme is: "life is better with art in it"? I'm not done yet, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Let me know what you think of it so far.
Full Res is 3300X5100 so some detail is lost, but you get the idea.

Ok....here it comes. It's boring. Boring is good for the black and white side but the color
side needs to look like a wonderland like when Dorothy steps into munchkin land. Not that you need
dwarfs and witches but something special about it. Something to make you say Wow.
The person in the picture looks like he could give a shit less about his situation. He should be entering the color wold like he just walked into the playboy mansion and was greeted by a sea of hot naked women. Or, for the youngens, he should look like he just stepped into Willy Wonkas Chocolate factory! Put some passion in it. It's about color! Lose the black bar behind the type.
Don't put a solid color either. At least make it a gradient. Nothing stagnant.
The idea is good. The execution is weak. I am just talking to you like I would someone who works for me. Forgive me.
Wink
Right now the rainbow behind the type is all I see. The color side of the world should be what I am looking at. It should overpower the rainbow thingy.
The theme is " Life is Better". Well judging by the kids expression, it doesn't look any better.
Put a hooker and a crackhead in the gray part, put a beautiful group of women plaing volleyball on the beach in the color side. (just an idea) Do ya know what I mean?

YerPalAl

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:39 am   Reply with quote         

Agree with all the above. Having the character moving from no color to full color imparts a sense of joy and triumph over dull and boring, the effect you want to see achieved by including art in your world. This could be helped a lot if the person was wearing colorful attire that would be half dull and colorless, the non-art-world side, and half vibrant and colorful, the half stepping into the art filled world. That would unify the message that art in your world affects the individual as well as the surrounding.

Micose

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:40 am   Reply with quote         

thats not art thats advert......keep it on.......its really brave to show ur works and evrybdy would admit it s good attitude....but dont speak about art my friend ...some people are starving and they do good shit, but they eat cat's food....wellll
keep chopping, and if u want to start "art", take a sheet of a paper,take the good old bristles and brushes...now paint sthg......then pick up the computer again...do sthg in Photoshop...aecetera etc..... and put it on Deviantart.com ... joking....NOW u can upload art directly at photoshopcontest.com :lol:cheeers Cool
Micose

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:46 am   Reply with quote         

3300X5100 ?

start working little mate..... Wink
Micose

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:50 am   Reply with quote         

im sorry i dont wanna be sarcastic....... but idea is so old, execution in m,atter of shopping is simple and correctly done. but wht with the blck and white and colours......yea viva s los colores mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and black and white woohoo.............................................................................................art is wht rips ur guts in little parts, and then isexpressed into sthg beautiful...or not....or,,,JUST SAY STHG !!!...nothing more...nothing less
Micose

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:51 am   Reply with quote         

SAY STHG Twisted Evil
blue_lurker

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Not that you need
dwarfs and witches but something special about it. Something to make you say Wow.

You wash your mouth out young man DAWARFS ALWAYS make any image better K

Twisted Evil I SAID K Twisted Evil

ReinMan

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:56 am   Reply with quote         

Note to original poster of this thread:

Micose is our resident Real Artist. Don't let the missing ear cause you alarm. He didn't listen well even when he had TWO ears.

Twisted Evil
Razz
Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Opinions? - Reply to topic