Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - WINNER TOFUTHEGREAT - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

If ya looking ya voting K

IMAGE 1

19%

19%

[ 11 ]

IMAGE 2

80%

80%

[ 45 ]

Total Votes: 56

blue_lurker

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:06 am   Reply with quote         

Ok Chop fans the dome is closed and both choppers have entered now its time to see who gets the Braggin rights for the next...
CHOPPERDOME
of 2010
THE CONTESTANTS TofuTheGreat vs NinjaNumberNine
THE SOURCE

IMAGE 1 Fulfillment of the Throne

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2150/fullfillment.png
IMAGE 2NIGHT AT THE THEATER

http://ohshot.com/depot2/4d8d55.jpg
Twisted Evil So cry havoc and let slip them votes or yours Twisted Evil

Oscar

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:40 am   Reply with quote         

holy hell the first image took me a min to load... maybe make it smaller for those folks with dial up lol

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:53 am   Reply with quote         

Good luck NNN. Twisted Evil

blue_lurker

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:59 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
holy hell the first image took me a min to load... maybe make it smaller for those folks with dial up lol

lmao try up loading it on dial up Very Happy

Mir

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:18 am   Reply with quote         

Nice work guys!! Very Happy
Sanctuary

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:00 am   Reply with quote         

honestly. . . this a hard chop for me.

Nice job guys. . .

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:03 am   Reply with quote         

Good luck to Tofu too. Not that it's needed.. Great idea, anyhow.

annajon

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Request for Blue

Please give a little size restriction on this contest... It takes forever to open some of the images.

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:04 pm   Reply with quote         

I know, I wish bluelurker could use a cropped version for that big ugly egyptian one.

Tesore

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Voted thumright

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:06 pm   Reply with quote         

It would be nice if ya'll could mention why you vote what you vote for. I can't mention which pic is mine, but I'd like to know why I'm winning/losing. Very Happy

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Ninja9 wrote:
It would be nice if ya'll could mention why you vote what you vote for. I can't mention which pic is mine, but I'd like to know why I'm winning/losing. Very Happy

sure... im always working to improve myself and constructive criticism is a big help to me.

Image number 1..
I like the idea, but the execution isnt as good as it could be. It looks to be drawn onto a portion of the picture.
shadows can make or break anything, and as an active party in the chops, the shadowing on image one sets a lot of people off. The color, though close is just not smooth, the overall look, gradients, the texture of it are all wrong for me. the other faces in it stand out 3d like, clear, crisp, and defined (i know its a photo, but I know realism is also achievable)... the added face is flat and at a strange perspective. so if it had been mine, I would have made the other portions of the pic match my add in, or made the addin look more like the photo. Integration is the key on this challenge to gain my vote. It simply looks incomplete....

image 2,
it seems to fit together better. the shape of the faces v/s the theme they are on. It has a consistency image 1 just don't have. All aspects of 2 have this appealing cartoonish look throughout which shows me the author took time to incorporate the entire picture. There are plenty of flaws there as well, but they blend in much better as the image dont transition from real to drawn to real again. Everything has the same look and feel.

I voted for image 2 because I felt it was the best work in this comp. Had these been in a daily contest, image 2 would have gotten a vote for sure, image 1, it depends. had this been from a newbie, I would have said welcome. Had it been from anyone else, i might have voted or commented to give my opinion on what could help..

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:32 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
Request for Blue

Please give a little size restriction on this contest... It takes forever to open some of the images.

Well I work with what Im given Anna, and I have asked that they remain with in the PSC guide lines...I dont have the room to host every image. (Dont forget all the chop the chopper images and chop like a viking day stuff chopper profiles yada yada yada) Both my photobucket accounts are almost full and Im loosin track of where things are...come on Im a old fart K.

You guys need to remember, this is not a daily contest here its just for the fun of it, you dont have all the fancy stuff that the site has to make comments and size restrictions.

Im sorry if it is not glossy enougth for some, but take it for what it is a little forum fun ok. Smile

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:31 pm   Reply with quote         

SCWIDVICIOUS wrote:
Ninja9 wrote:

sure... im always working to improve myself and constructive criticism is a big help to me.

Image number 1..
I like the idea, but the execution isnt as good as it could be. It looks to be drawn onto a portion of the picture.
shadows can make or break anything, and as an active party in the chops, the shadowing on image one sets a lot of people off. The color, though close is just not smooth, the overall look, gradients, the texture of it are all wrong for me. the other faces in it stand out 3d like, clear, crisp, and defined (i know its a photo, but I know realism is also achievable)... the added face is flat and at a strange perspective. so if it had been mine, I would have made the other portions of the pic match my add in, or made the addin look more like the photo. Integration is the key on this challenge to gain my vote. It simply looks incomplete....

image 2,
it seems to fit together better. the shape of the faces v/s the theme they are on. It has a consistency image 1 just don't have. All aspects of 2 have this appealing cartoonish look throughout which shows me the author took time to incorporate the entire picture. There are plenty of flaws there as well, but they blend in much better as the image dont transition from real to drawn to real again. Everything has the same look and feel.

I voted for image 2 because I felt it was the best work in this comp. Had these been in a daily contest, image 2 would have gotten a vote for sure, image 1, it depends. had this been from a newbie, I would have said welcome. Had it been from anyone else, i might have voted or commented to give my opinion on what could help..

Thanks for the opinion, I always like feedback. I guess since this is just a friendly competition and the results are pretty much obvious who's gonna win it's safe to say that I did the Egyptian one... I agree with all the criticism- I should have taken more time on getting it right... Thanks for all the feedback though. I know I'm not an artist but maybe someday... Very Happy

NNN

glennhanna

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:39 pm   Reply with quote         

The second image looks like it was made in Photoshop. The first image looks like it was made in GIMP.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - WINNER TOFUTHEGREAT - Reply to topic