Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Layer movment - Reply to topic

blue_lurker

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok Im having a brain drain here...I have three separate images all multi layered, aprox 11 layers in each image, all on three separate canvases. Now I need the layer integrate for blending but I want to join all the images onto one new canvas but still keep the layer order.

I know I have done this before, but Im an old bugger and cant remember how I did it. BTW Im running this on cs2 hence the cant remember problem.

Thanks in advance

Lurker Very Happy

glennhanna

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Can't you just have them all open, then with each individual canvas, Shift click all the layers in that canvas, then drag the layers onto the "master canvas"?

j58roldan

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Create layer sets and drag them to the new canvas?

blue_lurker

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah but you loose the layer effects for some reason...so I just locked the effects and did the old select all layers and moved em that way...if I need to change the effects I can always do it on the individual canvas.

Just a little mess I know, Im sure its some thing I have either changes or turned off.

Synthvet

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:09 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Ok Im having a brain drain here...I have three separate images all multi layered, aprox 11 layers in each image, all on three separate canvases. Now I need the layer integrate for blending but I want to join all the images onto one new canvas but still keep the layer order.

I know I have done this before, but Im an old bugger and cant remember how I did it. BTW Im running this on cs2 hence the cant remember problem.

Thanks in advance

Lurker Very Happy

when you did it before, I think you said something about having 3 monitors, 3-D glasses, and some painkillers....

Laughing

blue_lurker

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:38 am   Reply with quote         

Synthvet wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:

Thanks in advance

Lurker Very Happy

when you did it before, I think you said something about having 3 monitors, 3-D glasses, and some painkillers....

Laughing

mmmmm...he maybe right ya know..
smart ass

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:05 am   Reply with quote         

"Layer movement" requires lots of fiber...

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:49 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
"Layer movement" requires lots of fiber...

lol

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:08 am   Reply with quote         

Make sure everything is linked including the masks. Select all the layers and then click that little chain link down the bottom of the layers pallet. Put them all in a folder and drag.
If your are dragging from an rgb to a cmyk it will not work.

blue_lurker

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:57 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Make sure everything is linked including the masks. Select all the layers and then click that little chain link down the bottom of the layers pallet. Put them all in a folder and drag.
If your are dragging from an rgb to a cmyk it will not work.

and you just hit the nail on the head mate...never thunk to check that...
well I worked around it and got the job done, money is in the bank so all is good.

Thanks for all the help guys. Very Happy

ReinMan

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:01 am   Reply with quote         

A real neat way to take all your open files and put them into ONE layered PSD file is this:

Go to FILE => SCRIPTS => LOAD FILES INTO STACK

When the dialogue box opens choose "Add Open Files" and it will list all your open image files. Hit "OK" and it will generate a NEW PSD file with all your stuff in it.

A) not sure how it handles your layer order, but I thought I'd share this anyway... it has saved me LOTS of dragging and whatnot over the years...

B) a very similar thing can be found in BRIDGE: select your files you want combined, go to TOOLS => PHOTOSHOP => LOAD FILES INTO PHOTOSHOP LAYERS and it will do the same thing

C) this might only work in CS4, but I seem to recall doing it in CS3 as well.

reindeer

ReyRey

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:11 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
A real neat way to take all your open files and put them into ONE layered PSD file is this:

When the dialogue box opens choose "Add Open Files" and it will list all your open image files. Hit "OK" and it will generate a NEW PSD file with all your stuff in it.

A) not sure how it handles your layer order, but I thought I'd share this anyway... it has saved me LOTS of dragging and whatnot over the years...

B) a very similar thing can be found in BRIDGE: select your files you want combined, go to TOOLS => PHOTOSHOP => LOAD FILES INTO PHOTOSHOP LAYERS and it will do the same thing

reindeer

They let you use CS4?? Shocked

ReinMan

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:14 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
ReinMan wrote:

reindeer

Yes, but only with a SPOON! Razz

ReyRey

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:59 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
ReinMan wrote:

reindeer

Yes, but only with a SPOON! Razz

Phew!! Good. You wouldn't want to poke yer eye out. Cool

Marx-Man

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Well damn.

If you were in CS3 you could use a smart object.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Layer movment - Reply to topic