Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Happy 20th Anniversary Photoshop - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Michel

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Photoshop turns 20 years old today! You absolutely have to see the first two minutes of this video, it's hilarious!

Movie Clip

History of Photoshop article

TJ

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Very cool! Happy birthday PS. Great links.
If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have this site to work with and have fun.

Cheers PhotoShop and Adobe.

Thanks Michel for the find thumright

Michel

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:34 am   Reply with quote         

It's amazing how Photoshop is part of my life, like the clothes I wear, or the utensils I use every day, even if I only have been using PS for a few years. I can't imagine the world without it.

--- About PS and Photography ---
Even the very basic functions of PS are a revolution to the world of photography. The way you can change the contrast and colours makes it so much easier to achieve the results you envision. You used to have to do a lot of thinking and planning BEFORE you even took the picture to choose the right film and have the right lighting. Nowadays it is still important to know the theory, but it is a lot more forgiving.

--- About the Writer interviewed at the beginning of the linked video ---
It’s ironic to see him warning people about the perspective of having photomanipulated pictures change the way we take photos at “face value” as we are entering a world that is more virtual every day. Maybe he couldn’t see it coming back then?

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:59 am   Reply with quote         

I have had Photoshop for a long time, but not 20 years.. It is funny though looking back to when it was actually just a photoshop comparing it to the tremendously powerful artist platform it has became today...

Layers and rotating canvas, who would have thunk it..
Thanks for the post.

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:19 am   Reply with quote         

I first used photoshop 7 back in 2002 when I high school... after that I have used all of them all the way to cs4

annajon

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:07 am   Reply with quote         

It is actually nice to see that I am older then the geeks who created photoshop 20 years ago..... And cool to see some of the faces behind the names on the opening screen. Boy it must feel good to develop something that starts off as on pixel in the mind of a lab rat and grows out to such an industry of fun in the real world.

supak0ma

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:27 am   Reply with quote         

people were so ugly 20 years ago!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

supak0ma

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:50 am   Reply with quote         

oh, and happy birthday PHOTOSHOP!!!! the most fantastic app ever Smile

Michel

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:30 am   Reply with quote         

Michel wrote:
It's amazing how Photoshop is part of my life, like the clothes I wear, or the utensils I use every day, even if I only have been using PS for a few years. I can't imagine the world without it.

Even the very basic functions of PS are a revolution to the world of photography. The way you can change the contrast and colours makes it so much easier to achieve the results you envision. You used to have to do a lot of thinking and planning BEFORE you even took the picture to choose the right film and have the right lighting. Nowadays it is still important to know the theory that goes with creating a picture, but it is a lot more forgiving.

--- About the Writer interviewed at the beginning of the linked video ---
It’s ironic to see him warning people about the perspective of having photomanipulated pictures change the way we take photos at “face value” as we are entering a world that is more virtual every day. Maybe he couldn’t see it coming back then?

annajon

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:44 am   Reply with quote         

Michel wrote:
Michel wrote:

Even the very basic functions of PS are a revolution to the world of photography. The way you can change the contrast and colours makes it so much easier to achieve the results you envision. You used to have to do a lot of thinking and planning BEFORE you even took the picture to choose the right film and have the right lighting. Nowadays it is still important to know the theory that goes with creating a picture, but it is a lot more forgiving.

--- About the Writer interviewed at the beginning of the linked video --
-

Things were not so "good" then, that the obvious changes were undetected

Michel

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:09 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
Michel wrote:
Michel wrote:

Things were not so "good" then, that the obvious changes were undetected

Images were doctored way before PS ever existed.

I don't know why some people thought photographs had to be "pure" and represent reality. When people were using films, there were all sorts of different kind of films to choose from, with different colour tones. Then, there's also the angle of the lens, which angle should be considered to be like you are looking with your eyes? I don't believe there's such a thing as a picture that is "true" to reality. I guess you could say: "as seen through my camera".

Making an image look "natural" and "realistic" is an art in itself. A makeup artist explained to me that to achieve the "natural" look, you needed the most makeup. Laughing

--- Forum Problems ---
Is anyone aware of such problem in the forum? I tried editing or deleting my second post by clicking on the link and it brought me to the "reply with quote" screen. I can't seem to make it work.

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:35 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks for that!

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:05 am   Reply with quote         

Michel wrote:
--- Forum Problems ---
Is anyone aware of such problem in the forum? I tried editing or deleting my second post by clicking on the link and it brought me to the "reply with quote" screen. I can't seem to make it work.

um....no, it must be you. Try putting your glasses on? Smile

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 am   Reply with quote         

Russ Brown is kinda creepy looking now. Shocked

Michel

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:03 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Russ Brown is kinda creepy looking now. Shocked

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Happy 20th Anniversary Photoshop - Reply to topic