Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Way crappy day. - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:49 pm   Reply with quote         

How's this for a bad day....

Woke up this morning and left to take my daughter to school. As we go into the garage I notice that the exterior door going into the garage is ajar. Upon closer inspection I see that SOMEONE BROKE INTO MY GARAGE.

They busted the door and jamb up. Split the jamb, the strike plate is gone, used a pry bar on the jamb and dented up the door, trashed the door knob, etc.

Then, top off the day, my wife's car got hit in the Wal-Mart parking lot. And the guy who hit her doesn't have any insurance!

I'ma go to bed and wake up next month. Confused

ReyRey

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Steal anything??

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:24 pm   Reply with quote         

I only took a few tools and...

Shocked

Oh. Sorry. Nevermind.

YerPalAl

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:12 am   Reply with quote         

Sorry, Tofu. Not much else to say except at least it was the wife's car and not her that got hit.

TofuTheGreat

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:27 am   Reply with quote         

Well, as Al pointed out, there's bright sides I guess.

The cops already think they know who broke in. The thief didn't steal anything that I can tell. Snowboards, golf clubs, tools, etc. are all still in the garage. Immediately inside the house from that door is the family room with my computers, my son's musical instruments, the game consoles, etc. That's all there.

The cops think it's this one particular individual who breaks in looking solely for prescription medications. He doesn't take anything else and, as they put it, "he only does minimal damage". According to the cop who took the report he would pass up iPods, cellphones, cameras and probably even cash. Odd thief.

As for the accident that was way dumb. My wife said she waited for over an hour for the cops to show up. The reason why? THEY WERE ON SURVEILLANCE OF THE WAL-MART PARKING LOT! There were literally multiple cops already surrounding the parking lot and across the street! Apparently they were trying to watch something big go down so they could have a major bust.

My wife, and the guy who hit her car, had to drive across the street to meet up with a "hidden" cop to file the accident report. I don't know whether to be pissed off or laughing my ass off. Guess I'll do both.

Laughing Mad

seamusoisin

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:05 am   Reply with quote         

The cops think it's this one particular individual who breaks in looking solely for prescription medications.

Not to make fun of your misfortune but where in America do people keep their prescriptions in the garage?

The "Take Down at Walmart" I'm sure there is a huge promotion for the men in blue for that one. They are after the smiley that's "slashing" prices known to frequent Walmart. Laughing Laughing

Seriously the sense of violation is probaly the worst feeling you get after being robbed, Crying or Very sad

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
gravyboat

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

Apparently they were trying to watch something big go down so they could have a major bust.

Not to make light of your misfortune Tofu, but this line made me smile for the first time today. Smile
Sorry about the break-in. Sad Hope they get the little hophead.

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.
TofuTheGreat

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

I just found it ironic that a bunch of cops were sitting around the scene of an accident waiting to catch criminals on the same day a criminal hit my house. Laughing

Oh, and to clear up details, he wasn't looking for drugs in the garage. He was trying to get into the house (and actually may have since the interior door wasn't ever locked). The cop said this burglar has literally walked in on people and then basically, and literally, says "oops, wrong house" and then leaves. WTF!?!

What scares me is that he could have literally been in our house while one of us was home.

Next person breaking into my house runs the risk of a lead diet. I'm just saying.

seamusoisin

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:25 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
I just found it ironic that a bunch of cops were sitting around the scene of an accident waiting to catch criminals on the same day a criminal hit my house. Laughing

Oh, and to clear up details, he wasn't looking for drugs in the garage. He was trying to get into the house (and actually may have since the interior door wasn't ever locked). The cop said this burglar has literally walked in on people and then basically, and literally, says "oops, wrong house" and then leaves. WTF!?!

What scares me is that he could have literally been in our house while one of us was home.

Next person breaking into my house runs the risk of a lead diet. I'm just saying.

"House guarded by Smith & Wesson 3 days a week" "You guess which days!!!!"

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:00 pm   Reply with quote         

the bad thing about that is the cops know him well enough to tell you, "aww, he wont steal anything except your meds".

really now, is this not odd, why isnt this guy in the cooler? i mean its nice he wont steal cash, cameras, and other misc junk, but what the hell is wrong with them... have they ever seen how someone can react when they need their meds? Im sure they have been called to more than one psychotic event due to lack of meds..

now as for the cops in the parkinglot..
its not that they were on a stakeout, it was because they were all too busy eating the doughnuts walmart was throwing out.
all unites, walmart lane, we have a 922. BEEP..
this is *chomp chomp* unit 117, responding to 922 *chomp chomp sip* will respond as soon as we finish *sounds of napkin* cleaning up another unreported incident *fart* BEEP.
*25 minutes later*
Radio, have all people *chomp chomp* involved in 922 drive across the street and report to us immediately, we had a situation *sip* with officer spillslotskintzy, he is en-route for a new shirt, but he forgot to leave the keys with me.

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:54 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
How's this for a bad day....

Woke up this morning and left to take my daughter to school. As we go into the garage I notice that the exterior door going into the garage is ajar. Upon closer inspection I see that SOMEONE BROKE INTO MY GARAGE.

They busted the door and jamb up. Split the jamb, the strike plate is gone, used a pry bar on the jamb and dented up the door, trashed the door knob, etc.

Then, top off the day, my wife's car got hit in the Wal-Mart parking lot. And the guy who hit her doesn't have any insurance!

I'ma go to bed and wake up next month. Confused

Tofu you should check with your insurance carrier/agent to see if you have "uninsured motorist" coverage on your own policy... Smile just your friendly artistic insurance agent speaking!!! Smile

TJ

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:21 pm   Reply with quote         

SCWIDVICIOUS wrote:
the bad thing about that is the cops know him well enough to tell you, "aww, he wont steal anything except your meds".

really now, is this not odd, why isnt this guy in the cooler? i mean its nice he wont steal cash, cameras, and other misc junk, but what the hell is wrong with them... have they ever seen how someone can react when they need their meds? Im sure they have been called to more than one psychotic event due to lack of meds..

now as for the cops in the parkinglot..
its not that they were on a stakeout, it was because they were all too busy eating the doughnuts walmart was throwing out.
all unites, walmart lane, we have a 922. BEEP..
this is *chomp chomp* unit 117, responding to 922 *chomp chomp sip* will respond as soon as we finish *sounds of napkin* cleaning up another unreported incident *fart* BEEP.
*25 minutes later*
Radio, have all people *chomp chomp* involved in 922 drive across the street and report to us immediately, we had a situation *sip* with officer spillslotskintzy, he is en-route for a new shirt, but he forgot to leave the keys with me.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing OMG!! I oisses myself!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Shocked ........ Oh Shite!
I'll be back in a bit Embarassed

Tarmac

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Tofu, I know this was one of your top ten worst days, and there's little I can say that will help you and your family feel better over all that happened, but circumstances and outcomes could have turned out much worse than they did. Just say'n to assess all the positives first, and the negatives shrink in size and significance. Smile

Tesore

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:12 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm glad you and your family are oke! All the rest is just stuff Wink

To bring back a smile on your face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uG_y8_FiKM&feature=fvst

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:00 am   Reply with quote         

HA! It got even better. My wife was going to take my daughter out on Saturday to get her prom dress. So we're going over finances to see how much we can afford.

We found out the heating company put our payment through TWICE. That threw our account into overdrafts for another $100. So Saturday my wife contacts the bank. The bank credited our account for the money as it was an unauthorized transaction. So at least they paid for my gas bill next month. Laughing

I'm so friggin' glad this weekend is over. Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Way crappy day. - Reply to topic