Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Votes - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:09 pm   Reply with quote         


(upd) Smile

hey all


i dont wanna give of the wrong impression that i vote to get votes!
I think people who put some effort into a chop deserve a vote! Smile

So ive been thinking it over and have come to terms that im to damn NICE!!!! Laughing




or am i Twisted Evil




janetdog

Location: Las Vegas Baby!

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:38 pm   Reply with quote         


You should really shake things up and vote for the 25 worst chops.




_________________
chop chop

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:53 pm   Reply with quote         


Starman wrote:
hey all

i dont wanna give of the wrong impression that i vote to get votes!
I think if you put some effort into a chop you deserve a vote!

So ive been thinking it over and have come to terms that im to damn NICE!!!! Laughing
or am i Twisted Evil


Vote to get votes? Does it work? If so, I may have to change my strategy.

Define "some effort."

For you it may have been a challenging chop, one that pushed you in new directions. To others it simply failed to resonate. With each success a little more is expected of you, and the bar will be raised, forcing "some effort" to ponder what it takes to become "more effort."

However, if that voting for others MO works, you will get what you deserve.




TofuTheGreat

Location: Back where I belong.

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:59 pm   Reply with quote         


Hey a voting topic! Someone pass the popcorn.




_________________
Why I do believe it's pants-less o'clock! - Lar deSouza
”The mind is like a parachute, it doesn’t work if it isn’t open.” - Frank Zappa
Created using photoshop and absolutely no talent. - reyrey

Sanctuary

Location: in your monitor...

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         


TofuTheGreat wrote:
Hey a voting topic! Someone pass the popcorn.


this is me and tofu




_________________

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:28 pm   Reply with quote         


tadams wrote:
Starman wrote:
hey all

i dont wanna give of the wrong impression that i vote to get votes!
I think if you put some effort into a chop you deserve a vote!

So ive been thinking it over and have come to terms that im to damn NICE!!!! Laughing
or am i Twisted Evil


Vote to get votes? Does it work? If so, I may have to change my strategy.

Define "some effort."

For you it may have been a challenging chop, one that pushed you in new directions. To others it simply failed to resonate. With each success a little more is expected of you, and the bar will be raised, forcing "some effort" to ponder what it takes to become "more effort."

However, if that voting for others MO works, you will get what you deserve.


i think working on a chop over over a hour is a pretty good effort




Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:52 pm   Reply with quote         


Starman wrote:

i think working on a chop over over a hour is a pretty good effort


Are you wanting a vote for effort or for results?




Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:10 pm   Reply with quote         


tadams wrote:
Starman wrote:

i think working on a chop over over a hour is a pretty good effort


Are you wanting a vote for effort or for results?


?? Im not asking anyone for a vote! i would NEVER ask anyone to vote for me.

i was talking about other peoples chops. and the reason i vote alot is because im still very new at photoshop!!

UNDERSTAND?




Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:55 pm   Reply with quote         


Quote:
i think working on a chop over over a hour is a pretty good effort


Time spent is all relative.....for some an hour is a long time, for others it is just a fraction of the overall time they spend per chop.

I'll go ahead and be the one to sound like a jerk.... Confused

Your end result on the bear chop looks pretty good, but... it's not a very original idea. It is just following a tutorial step by step, with no other modifications... my tips for what would have probably brought in more votes are:

You could have found a different piece of trash paper and still followed the steps in the tutorial

or

You could have used the tutorial but changed the background, and possibly even added to the theme of it being a garbage source, so that it is not so recognizable. Cool




Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:13 pm   Reply with quote         


volkswes wrote:
Quote:
i think working on a chop over over a hour is a pretty good effort


Time spent is all relative.....for some an hour is a long time, for others it is just a fraction of the overall time they spend per chop.

I'll go ahead and be the one to sound like a jerk.... Confused

Your end result on the bear chop looks pretty good, but... it's not a very original idea. It is just following a tutorial step by step, with no other modifications... my tips for what would have probably brought in more votes are:

You could have found a different piece of trash paper and still followed the steps in the tutorial

or

You could have used the tutorial but changed the background, and possibly even added to the theme of it being a garbage source, so that it is not so recognizable. Cool


i was very shocked that i had so many votes for that chop. it took me 5min well not even 5min. i just did that chop because i was pissed off that thay put that same source up again. thats why its called rubbish ..anyway

i think people have misunderstood what i was saying in the first place..i dont do this for votes i do it because i love chopping and learning more about photoshop full stop




Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:20 pm   Reply with quote         


Starman wrote:
tadams wrote:
Starman wrote:

i think working on a chop over over a hour is a pretty good effort


Are you wanting a vote for effort or for results?


?? Im not asking anyone for a vote! i would NEVER ask anyone one to vote for me.

i was talking about other peoples chops. and the reason i vote alot is because im still very new at photoshop!!

UNDERSTAND?


If only you had used caps in the first place I wouldn't be so confused (Insert some kind of emoticon). All kidding aside your first sentence would lead most to believe you were referring to your own one hour efforts.

<BEGIN ALL CAPS EXPERIMENT>

I WASN'T IMPLYING THAT YOU WERE ASKING FOR VOTES, MERELY WONDERING IF YOU THINK PEOPLE SHOULD VOTE FOR EFFORT OR RESULTS. MAYBE A COMBINATION OF THE TWO.

<END ALL CAPS EXPERIMENT>

I don't believe in kicking the dog when I can have a little fun with a total stranger online.




Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:28 pm   Reply with quote         


tadams wrote:
Starman wrote:
tadams wrote:
Starman wrote:

i think working on a chop over over a hour is a pretty good effort


Are you wanting a vote for effort or for results?


?? Im not asking anyone for a vote! i would NEVER ask anyone one to vote for me.

i was talking about other peoples chops. and the reason i vote alot is because im still very new at photoshop!!

UNDERSTAND?


If only you had used caps in the first place I wouldn't be so confused (Insert some kind of emoticon). All kidding aside your first sentence would lead most to believe you were referring to your own one hour efforts.

<BEGIN ALL CAPS EXPERIMENT>

I WASN'T IMPLYING THAT YOU WERE ASKING FOR VOTES, MERELY WONDERING IF YOU THINK PEOPLE SHOULD VOTE FOR EFFORT OR RESULTS. MAYBE A COMBINATION OF THE TWO.

<END ALL CAPS EXPERIMENT>

I don't believe in kicking the dog when I can have a little fun with a total stranger online.


FUCK YOU (CAPS OFF) lol Laughing




Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:40 pm   Reply with quote         


Starman wrote:


FUCK YOU (CAPS OFF) lol Laughing




(GLOVES ON) Twisted Evil




Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:49 pm   Reply with quote         


tadams wrote:






(GLOVES ON) Twisted Evil






Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:55 pm   Reply with quote         






Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Votes - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright © 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.