Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Blured Photo - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

blue_lurker

Post Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey fellow PSCers. I have this photo given to me of a mates daughter and well its real blurry. I have tried a few programs such as "focalblade" and "autosharp" to see if I can make it more in focus.
with very limited success.
Do any of you guys have a good method of de-blurring and image or can recommend software that would help me achieve this.

As the image is of a mates young daughter I wont post an image here but if you think you have the solution to my problem let me know and I will see if he will let me send it via email.

Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to a good solid PS chat topic for once.

Blue Very Happy

Synthvet

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:22 am   Reply with quote         

well, in 2024, time travel is invented and you could go back to when that photo was taken and make sure the focus is correct and.............uh, oops.....sorry, I wasn't supposed to talk about that.................

Tarmac

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:31 am   Reply with quote         

Blue, I found there is no one button solution to photo restoration. No program or plug-in that will get the job done fast and simple. The method I used long ago, was to de-blur a badly blurred photo, by just re-building it piece by piece, especially to the face. I'd borrow the nose of the same person preferably, from a similar photo and then montage that part back into the face of the blurred out face. After doing the same for cheeks, ears, eyes, forehead, etc, you wind up with fairly presentable, albeit, rebuilt image of the blurry person. The same tedious method can of course be done for the foreground and background, but I never bothered and just left most everything else defocused.

blue_lurker

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:35 am   Reply with quote         

Tarmac wrote:
Blue, I found there is no one button solution to photo restoration. No program or plug-in that will get the job done fast and simple. The method I used long ago, was to de-blur a badly blurred photo, by just re-building it piece by piece, especially to the face. I'd borrow the nose of the same person preferably, from a similar photo and then montage that part back into the face of the blurred out face. After doing the same for cheeks, ears, eyes, forehead, etc, you wind up with fairly presentable, albeit, rebuilt image of the blurry person. The same can of course be done for the background, but I never bothered and just left it defocused.

I agree but this is a fav for a mate and I dont wanna spend to much time on it...and he's not paying me for my time...lmao

Tarmac

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:11 am   Reply with quote         

Crying or Very sad Sorry about there being no short cut solution Blue, however, I wish there were one.

You might suggest to your friend that he use a restoration service that could devote the time required to get the results he wants. That is, if the photo is important enough to him to warrant spending money on it. Not to mention, doing so, would also remove the responsibility of this time intensive free favor off your busy plate.

Just say'n. Very Happy

Synthvet

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:07 am   Reply with quote         

ok ok ok..............so you don't want to wait for time travel to be invented.... Laughing

something that works "sometimes"........if it's not a real close up....and slightly out of focus.....if you can somehow sharpen the eyes and mouth, it may give the appearance that the whole face isn't so out of focus.......doesn't work all the time, but just an idea............. Rolling Eyes

annajon

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:06 am   Reply with quote         

I think if the photo is important, I would use one of (or more of) the artistic filters, to totally change the image from photorealistic to art. That way the image of the girl remains, just the details of the blur will no longer be important

YerPalAl

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:18 am   Reply with quote         

You could ask your local CSI office, they can do wonders . . . . . Rolling Eyes

bneises

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:46 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq9yj2pVWk

With the right algorithm we can do it!

Tarmac

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:50 am   Reply with quote         

bneises wrote:
YerPalAl wrote:

Trey will write the code. ... He can do anything.

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

Just put a bar on the bottom of the picture that says

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         

bneises wrote:
YerPalAl wrote:

hahahah oh man thats amazing

and I'll be doing basically the same project for my grandpa in about a month, so I'm interested in all of these responses

annajon

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:26 am   Reply with quote         

actually.......... if you need an image of "the Event Horizon" - when you make a picture of something going through a teleporter opening....

just grab some images from this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnC95hU7G_M - about the 41st second into the clip

rose-wood71

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:46 am   Reply with quote         

Hey Blue, came across this stand alone photo restoration program or a plugin filter for photoshop.
To help with blurred or out of fucus photos. Havnt tried out but thought worth a mention.

http://focus-magic.software.informer.com/3.0/

blue_lurker

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:38 am   Reply with quote         

rose-wood71 wrote:
Hey Blue, came across this stand alone photo restoration program or a plugin filter for photoshop.
To help with blurred or out of fucus photos. Havnt tried out but thought worth a mention.

http://focus-magic.software.informer.com/3.0/

Thanks Rose I do have a copy of Magicfocus, won it in a contest ages ago at another site, its ok for very small blurs and more benefit on architectural side of things.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Blured Photo - Reply to topic