Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Tiger's PSD - Reply to topic

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:47 am   Reply with quote         

Michel & nat_g31 asked me how I made the painted effect on TW face.

I used especially 3 different layers for this effect.
First I used stamp tool on a layer to changed the "too crisp & realistic" details from the original picture, especially around eyes and hair. Like I said to Nathan & Michel, the layer in Normal mode + Sample: All Layers, I displaced pixels around... I defined new areas to clone at every single brushstroke.
The 2nd layer was a Paint Daubs filter effect on a copy/merged of the TW part, 80% opacity and using it very softly by using the layer mask.
The 3rd layer is a simple hue/saturation layer to increase thew contrast... using the layer mask for a precise selection & nice soft fading.

You can see it on the PSD file. The 3 layers are the yellow ones...
http://rwc1.webcargo.net/webcargo/d.php?x=1286386-0qn4p6Rv8eZuyuP2oT

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:53 am   Reply with quote         

Here's just to show you how I used my Option Key (3 years old keyboard) especially for the stamp tool.
I figure my nail made most of the damage... Laughing

MonkeeDrummer

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:03 am   Reply with quote         

Bow

Michel

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:15 am   Reply with quote         

Wow, thank you for the PSD and explanations! I would've never thought of using the stamp tool for something other than cloning. To me, it sounds like using scissors for painting or something similarly odd.

I took a look at my keyboard and I can confirm: there's no sign of wear on the Alt key. My theory is that your keyboard must be one of those cheap Apple ones! Rolling Eyes

nat_g31

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:07 am   Reply with quote         

OMG! I can hardly wrap my mind around all of that work, just amazing. You use selective color a lot and I hardly ever use it, guess you can tell with my chops Laughing . Thanks for sharing Claf, I will probably spend about 3 hours trying to decipher it now Confused .

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Tiger's PSD - Reply to topic