Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Photography - Reply to topic

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey

Ive been asked to take photo's for a friends wedding but i have a shitty digital camera. so im gonna get a new one..dont really know a whole lot about cameras
but i have a great love for Photography..my budget is £250 £300 and i have seen the panasonic dmc-fz38 which looks really good but dont know if its the best one for my money?

any tips?

mastermason

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:54 pm   Reply with quote         

I 've got a sony alpha 200. I think it's great .Not too expensive take great pics at 10.2 Mega pixel and very to use.With a 4 gig card you can take up to 900 shots in fine mode.

http://www.digitalrev.com/en/sony-alpha-a200-hands-on-review---a-digitalrev-exclusive-339-article.html

Only drawback is no preview after shot is taken, so I will be upgrading to the 300 pretty soon.

ReinMan

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Starman, can you give us a budget? $200US $500US $35US ?? That will help us help you! Smile

Canon G series really rock - almost like baby SLR as far as feature set goes. A G11 is a VERY cool machine, while a used G10 or G9 would probably be in your price range and serve you well until you move up to an DSLR. Very Happy

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:00 pm   Reply with quote         

mastermason wrote:
I 've got a sony alpha 200. I think it's great .Not too expensive take great pics at 10.2 Mega pixel and very to use.With a 4 gig card you can take up to 900 shots in fine mode.

http://www.digitalrev.com/en/sony-alpha-a200-hands-on-review---a-digitalrev-exclusive-339-article.html

Only drawback is no preview after shot is taken, so I will be upgrading to the 300 pretty soon.

thanks for the info looks nice cheers M Wink

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:03 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Starman, can you give us a budget? $200US $500US $35US ?? That will help us help you! Smile

Canon G series really rock - almost like baby SLR as far as feature set goes. A G11 is a VERY cool machine, while a used G10 or G9 would probably be in your price range and serve you well until you move up to an DSLR. Very Happy

budget is £300 uk i dont know i think thats $600 us i think? Confused

Tesore

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:10 pm   Reply with quote         

£ 300 = $ 463,39 and € 347,87

Razz

ReinMan

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Definitely look into the G10/G11. Full manual, BIG display, Very good AUTO modes. You can add a PROPER BIG FLASH to them and, very importantly, they shoot RAW files! (read up on RAW - if you are doing a wedding you REALLY wanna be shooting RAW files and not just outa-the-box JPEGS.)

G10 HERE

G11 HERE

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:54 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Definitely look into the G10/G11. Full manual, BIG display, Very good AUTO modes. You can add a PROPER BIG FLASH to them and, very importantly, they shoot RAW files! (read up on RAW - if you are doing a wedding you REALLY wanna be shooting RAW files and not just outa-the-box JPEGS.)

G10 HERE

G11 HERE

thanks alot

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Photography - Reply to topic