Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Please help!! Really needed your HELP BADLY! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

conaircan.

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:05 am   Reply with quote         

Hello, I just want to get your opinion or any idea for the project that I'm currently doing right now.... I'm making a poster for our company wall and I submitted already a lot of designs and layouts for our Sr. Vice President, but none of it passed, im running out of ideas already what should I do... below is the sample wall posters that I submitted already... If you can give me some better designs that i can use, coz he is totally angry already... Crying or Very sad Our company is Oil equipments/machineries supplier, and our location is in Saudi Arabia... Please Help...He requested me to submit 5 designs.. Crying or Very sad

Your Help will highly be appreciated... Smile

Thanks!

seamusoisin

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:11 am   Reply with quote         

All these are very stylistic that appeals to some, however to me if I play the devil's advocate it's not very apparent what company this is on any of the submissions. I don't like the frame in the picture and frame around the CEO's name as I find it too ornate.

If I can offer a suggestion stop trying to create art for a peanut counter. The CEO is too prominent and the company name is not.

Good luck!

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
YerPalAl

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:57 am   Reply with quote         

Pretty much agree.

First, what is the purpose of the poster? You need to define what the image is to do. Right now this is saying this man has a company and that is all. Posters generally need to be simple and to the point so define the point and work around that.

conaircan.

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:24 am   Reply with quote         

thank you for your comments, i really appreciated it,

This poster will be posted on our guest reception area which will be printed in a 170cmx140cm size.... The theme will be to show in just one look to all our guest that this man is the owner, having all of this company which is located in saudi arabia, that is focused on supplying oil equipments and materials....that will be the theme... can you give me some sites that I can see when it comes to this kind of posters, coz im really out of idea honestly, so that I can get ideas from other works...Or else, I'm a dead meat tomorrow... Crying or Very sad

supak0ma

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:43 am   Reply with quote         

just switch the skull with his face Laughing

YerPalAl

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:06 am   Reply with quote         

Now that we've had our laugh, Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pick one image that says OIL and use that as the background. Trying to show all those mashed up images of everything the company does is just confusing. Then take the bosses picture and shrink it to fill the bottom right quarter, (this is always the strongest part of a design like this) and put his name and that "commitment to Quality" tag line under his picture.

Simplify, simplify, simplify.

Oh,and NO mention of a tie-in to BP.

nat_g31

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:16 am   Reply with quote         

I'm no pro, but those warpy buildings don't look good to me. Good luck on this!

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
conaircan.

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:18 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Hahahaha thanks for making me laugh on this kind of situation supa, hehehe...

@ Al - I've done that design before, that is the first design is ubmitted I belived... But still it's a failure for my boss.... is there any website that have some samples for this kind of posters?? thank you very much guys for your help..... Smile

but still until now, there's no designs and lay-out came into my mind... Crying or Very sad

glennhanna

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Why don't you either find a good portrait of the man, or have one taken or painted? (one without security badges). Then put a small name plaque underneath or at the bottom of the framed portrait. It's far more professional-looking than a collage of imagery. Here's a couple of examples, just add a nice frame.

conaircan.

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:37 pm   Reply with quote         

I already tried that one also, it seems like our management is un professional hahahaha, they like a far more like an abstract poster than the same like that...I'll just wish for a good result tomorrow, and I have one new request now..please PRAY FOR ME! hahahaha Laughing

Tesore

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Good luck!!!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:55 pm   Reply with quote         

first of all the images used have to be sharp, crisp, I see here that the wide views of both area and business are rezzy and rather poor. Blow this up to 1.7 x 1.4 meters and it will look like a dogs ass, sorry, but if this is urgent it is time to be harsh but true.

So I suggest if the owner has to be the main event, then do not have the warped buildings, they look comical and in turn take the serious edge off the owner, this is probably what he is least happy about.

With him as the main image, simplicity and impact is what you want to go for. The borders are also hurting the visuals.

You need some high res and important images, not just randome ones. Surely new images can be taken as part of this project if it is importnat to the owner.

Balance the layout, and move away from cheesey looking effects.

Modern, sharp, impacting!

This is what you need.

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Seems like your boss has shot down several ideas. Why not find out exactly what he is looking for and go from there.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:48 pm   Reply with quote         

exactly, you need a defined brief for this, shooting random ideas out is never going to get results.

conaircan.

Post Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:22 am   Reply with quote         

Thank you Marco and azionite, now I'm out of stress already, got an a+ ratings on my submitted designs hehehe..now im worry free, hehehehe.... just only minor revision needed to be made... thank you for all of you who help me, thanks for all the comments, it helps a lot... Very Happy

I love my PSC family hehehehehe..thanks guys!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Please help!! Really needed your HELP BADLY! - Reply to topic