Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Please send a message to a brave young hero - Reply to topic

ReyRey

Post Sun May 09, 2010 6:49 am   Reply with quote         

Hi all,
I really want this young man to know what an incredibly brave thing he did and how many lives he has touched.
this is the story for those of you who did not see it.
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=14211
If what he did meant something to you, please tell him in a quick note in this facebook page.

Please copy and paste the entire box below. For some reason it won't make the whole thing a link.

Quote:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/notes/rey-michaud/please-send-a-supporting-message-to-this-young-hero/424441725148

Or if you are not on facebook, then just leave a note here and I will copy and paste it for you.
If it is very personal and you don't want everybody to know it is you, then send me a private message and I will copy paste it without showing your name.

Please help me support this young man who has changed so many lives by doing what no others would do by standing up to his abuser and putting a stop to over 35 years of child abuse.

Thank you all for your support.
Wink

Tesore

Post Sun May 09, 2010 7:10 am   Reply with quote         

Done!
Thanks Rey˛

Dechene

Post Sun May 09, 2010 8:29 am   Reply with quote         

Done.
I hope the two of you get through this with as little pain as possible.

sonic3

Post Sun May 09, 2010 9:35 am   Reply with quote         

When i read your story i have to admit it brought tears to my eyes and some bad memories too.
Being a victim of abuse is the most difficult thing in life to deal with, you feel ashamed, you feel guilty, alone and scared of what others might say.

You have stood up to those fears and confronted them head on, something which many people have wanted to do but didn't and still dont have the strength to do.

What you have done deserves a medal of bravery and honour, and i hope your story gives others the strength they need to face thier own demons.

I wish you all the best

Glen

Sjitske

Post Mon May 10, 2010 3:27 am   Reply with quote         

Done!
And bump!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon May 10, 2010 3:49 am   Reply with quote         

I don't do Facebook, so if you could pass this on Rey I would be grateful mate:

For a young person to find the courage to do not only the right thing, but a thing so many would not be able to find the strength to do is a shining example to all of us. No matter what walk of life.

I can not begin to understand the confusion and emotion a person must feel in this situation. But I can look on and applaud the immense responsibility and selflessness attributed to this young man.

Am I that brave?... are any of us?... in many cases no. Well done, and thank you on behalf of all who have been saved, have been released from years of mental and physical imprisonment because of the acts of an evil man, and to all that would have been.

It takes a special and strong spirit to do what you have done. Never feel ashamed, never feel guilt or like you were to blame. You are a redeemer in a world that has so little redemption. But acts like yours, maybe we can all make it better for yours and other futures. Young men and women that now have a future because of you.

Thank you again.

Mark Perkins, England.

Post Mon May 10, 2010 5:57 am   Reply with quote         

done Wink

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Please send a message to a brave young hero - Reply to topic