Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - If You're Bored. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Will you chop any of her photos?

Yes. I'm bored, and she's hot.

18%

18%

[ 2 ]

No. Free chops? Who is this chick?

81%

81%

[ 9 ]

Total Votes: 11

Alex

Post Mon May 24, 2010 10:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Good job Chris. But I do agree with Arc about the blur. It just mess with our brain for no reason. We're used to see blur on far objects or close ones (depth of field) but not equal distance with the crisp area. And it's even more disturbing when the blur stops sharply like you did.

Also, I don't quite like the removal of the highlight on her leg, near the knee area. It was necessary IMHO. Her leg looks weird now.

But overall, nice work.
Cool

Post Tue May 25, 2010 9:07 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:
The aim of bokeh is to deliberately blur the background or foreground (or both) in order to draw the viewer's attention to a particular area of the photo.

chris... that´s used for depth of field... doesn´t work when the field you´re bluring is the same you want to draw the attention to...

Alex wrote:
Good job Chris. But I do agree with Arc about the blur. It just mess with our brain for no reason. We're used to see blur on far objects or close ones (depth of field) but not equal distance with the crisp area. And it's even more disturbing when the blur stops sharply like you did.

Also, I don't quite like the removal of the highlight on her leg, near the knee area. It was necessary IMHO. Her leg looks weird now.

But overall, nice work.
Cool

Well after those two explanations I see why you'd not like it. Laughing
As for the leg it looked really bad after adjusting the curves and levels so that's why I removed the highlight. Maybe I'll do it again with a lower opacity brush so I don't completely kill it.

What else would you guys do? I'm not too happy with the shirt's folds. They're distracting to me (but maybe that's just me). Don't know what to do to them though. Confused

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - If You're Bored. - Reply to topic