Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Migrated Topics - More PSC censorship... - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

HandToolUK

Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

I was literally viewing the <b>Site Related</b> section just a minute ago, went to add to the "exploring philadelphia" thread and when I came back to the message board again the "exploring Paedophilia" thread had been deleted.<br><br>There were some posted images in there (of t-shirt logos making rather sick puns) that I suspect were the cause of the deletion (and I personally found them to be in poor taste), but I am concerned and annoyed that the ENTIRE thread was deleted, as I JUST recently added a SERIOUS comment about the use of the term "paedophile" in common speech today.<br><br>I would STRONGLY suggest that the mods examine the WHOLE content of a thread before deleting, and where possible remove JUST the offending links/posts, not censor entire conversations purely on the basis of a few inappropriate entries.

Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:20 pm   Reply with quote         

An additional point: Am I correct in thinking that when a user is banned/deleted, any threads they start are deleted also?<br><br>If so, I think that is also inappropriate. Some very useful or entertaining threads could be lost simply because the originator gets banned at a later date.

Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:33 pm   Reply with quote         

<i>An additional point: Am I correct in thinking that when a user is banned/deleted, any threads they start are deleted also?</i><br><br>Affirmative.<br><br><i>If so, I think that is also inappropriate. Some very useful or entertaining threads could be lost simply because the originator gets banned at a later date.</i><br><br>I agree.<br><br>Good points Tool!

Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

acknowledged

AtHeaMo

Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Roger.

missrobin74

Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I did see it HT... it was a clever observation. I got it... though some might still be offended by it... you just never know

missrobin74

Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         

lol... it looks like only Reinman posted here hehehe

Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:12 pm   Reply with quote         

handtool, where did you get that vintage reinman avatar?

Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:15 pm   Reply with quote         

HAHHAHAAH there it is!

missrobin74

Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:04 pm   Reply with quote         

well said <b>showcase</b>

Showcase

Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:07 pm   Reply with quote         

furthermore, this site is not <b>YOUR</b> home for freedom of speech...this is someone elses home, they get to make the rules. Play by them or move along.

Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:18 pm   Reply with quote         

And <b>htuk</b>, I am <i>GREATLY</i> dissappointed that you would assume that your suggestions need to be <i>STONGLY</I> considered.<br><br>This website has nearly ZERO rules. Users can run around and make one word comments in threads like "no" or "blah", threads can be started by anyone and they can run so far off topic only a few know really whats going on. To my knowledge, this is the first thread that has been deleted based on its TITLE and CONTENT, threads with content that doesnt relate to the discussion topic categories are left to run their course...thats a pretty relaxed environment if you ask me. Most other discussion thread sites do not allow this much FREEDOM.<br><br>Its time to sit back and remember this isnt ours, we are only allowed to use it...<br><br>the loss of your whipped cream comment doesnt mean it will be forgotten my friend...not to worry.

Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Good point with your previous comment Showcase...<br><br>We can laugh about everything, but not with everybody...

Fugue

Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh, so abortion has nothing to do with murdering children!!!!??<br> <br>Devil-spawn-succubus, I cast thee into the fires of hell!!!!

missrobin74

Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:11 pm   Reply with quote         

HA! That is another topic for another day my friend Wink

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Migrated Topics - More PSC censorship... - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright © 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.
A venture of ExpertRating.com