Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Some suggestions please? - Reply to topic

Mir

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:14 am   Reply with quote         

About 2 weeks ago my sister in law lost her 23 year old nephew in a hiking accident in the Blue Mountains in Australia. She has now asked me to manipulate one of his photos into something special which she could print out and give to his mother as a sort of keepsake.
Would anyone know what could possible be appropriate for something like this.
Any ideas anyone? I'm really stuck with this one, maybe because I feel so sad for the tragic loss. Sad
Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:17 am   Reply with quote         

Make it large, make it good; put your love into it and it will be fine.

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:26 am   Reply with quote         

Mir wrote:
About 2 weeks ago my sister in law lost her 23 year old nephew in a hiking accident in the Blue Mountains in Australia. She has now asked me to manipulate one of his photos into something special which she could print out and give to his mother as a sort of keepsake.
Would anyone know what could possible be appropriate for something like this.
Any ideas anyone? I'm really stuck with this one, maybe because I feel so sad for the tragic loss. Sad

yeah but all your love into it..

it will work out just great because your a great artist

Tesore

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:40 am   Reply with quote         

1. Use a photo where he looks happy!
2. Put your love in it (so true!)
3. Put some things in it he loved (to do), p.e. a dog, bike, skateboard, stars, rainbow, etc.

Hug

Wiz

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:06 am   Reply with quote         

There are some magic spots in some of the canyons of the Blue Mountains where it's easy to imagine being at peace with Nature. If he died there I'm sure his spirit wouldn't be too far away from some of these surreal locations. Find the right one and leave your message of love on it like a calling card for a lost one.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Google 'Blue Mountains Bush Walks and Climbing images' It's like another World down in some of those places.

Wiz Smile

Mir

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:25 am   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:
There are some magic spots in some of the canyons of the Blue Mountains where it's easy to imagine being at peace with Nature. If he died there I'm sure his spirit wouldn't be too far away from some of these surreal locations. Find the right one and leave your message of love on it like a calling card for a lost one.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Google 'Blue Mountains Bush Walks and Climbing images' It's like another World down in some of those places.

Wiz Smile

I know how beautiful it is he was with two of his mates when he fell and they had all been taking photos and they put all the photos they had taken of him on his last adventure on facebook! It is a beautiful place but it cost him his life! Your idea is a beautiful one Wiz. Thank you.

Thanks Tesore, Eve, Starman, that is what I am hoping to do but to me the loss of your son/daughter is so great that nothing much is able to comfort you.
Wiz

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:28 am   Reply with quote         

Here you go Mir, this is a actual shot of one of the tropical Rain Forest dells at the base of the Blue Mountains near Katoomba.

The words are from a old Victorian Book of Verse that I inherited from my Grandmother, those old Victorian ancestors really relished in the Gothic prose for the departed.

Make something with this and your Rels will be very happy I think.

[img]
[/img]

Wiz

Mir

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:20 am   Reply with quote         

Wow Wiz this made me cry! So beautiful! Thank you so much. I will do something with this. Thanks again.
TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:13 am   Reply with quote         

Delia's painting effect. Oh and love and stuff.

Martrex

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:20 am   Reply with quote         

Don't just think of the loss. He was doing something he liked, being the person he was and who she so loved.
Really he has just moved onto an even bigger challenge, and the ultimate adventure.
Remember the smile with the thoughts of him. He touched and changed lives of people as they met, often in little ways for others larger. The best we can accomplish in this life is to enjoy ourselves and learn as we go and to love and be loved.
The grief will pass, but the sweet thoughts will always stay.

Mir

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:51 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Delia's painting effect. Oh and love and stuff.

Yes Tofu, that has been suggested to me and I think it is a wonderful idea, I am waiting for a big resolution photo for that one, I would like to do that one large and print of canvas but this other one I would like it to be like a big card celebrating his life. Thanks for your suggestions much appreciated.
Mir

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:55 am   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
Don't just think of the loss. He was doing something he liked, being the person he was and who she so loved.......... The best we can accomplish in this life is to enjoy ourselves and learn as we go and to love and be loved.

I hear you Martrex but griefing is a long process and I am hoping that this little token of mine will one day bring her the peace of mind that as you say he had enjoyed his life doing what he liked to. Thank you for your thoughts.
delia

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:02 am   Reply with quote         

PM me the pic, and I'll work up a portrait for you....

http://dhubbardesigns.com/images/paintings/chalk/album/index.html

http://www.track4va.com
delia

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:03 am   Reply with quote         

PM me the pic and i'll work up a portrait for you.

http://www.track4va.com
Mir

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:37 pm   Reply with quote         

deliandave wrote:
PM me the pic and i'll work up a portrait for you.

That is so kind of you, thank you, I will pass you the photo as soon as I get it.

Thanks again.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Some suggestions please? - Reply to topic