Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - BRASIL!!!! É HEXA!!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

arcaico

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:25 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
The bloody ball is a piece of ass, its left to right movement is there, although acts like one of those cheap ones that float away if there is any sort of wind.

But the dissappointing thing is, there seems to be no top/back spin control with them, hence why I have only seen 1 free kick from all 32 teams go on target Rolling Eyes

The rest are still going up somewhere over the indian ocean Rolling Eyes

Surpisingly the Germans as Adidas is obviously Germann, have been playing with this ball since March in the Bundesliga, no surprises then they easily slotted 4 against Australia, and could of had several more.

hey... ALL countries received the ball to traine 6 months ago... if they decided to give it a shot only 15 days before the World Cup, it´s their own fault... don´t blame the ball...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Several federations did not recieve the ball until May, and there were originally 2 versions, from what I have read, they went with the wrong one.

Like Alex says, hopefully it will improve, it can't get any worse Rolling Eyes

arcaico

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:
Surpisingly the Germans as Adidas is obviously Germann, have been playing with this ball since March in the Bundesliga, no surprises then they easily slotted 4 against Australia, and could of had several more.

Yeah, I heard about that. The cheating gits! Evil or Very Mad

bullshit...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Alex

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
don´t blame the ball...

I blame the ball. This WC suck so far and the reason is that no team seem to be able to center the ball accuratly or make decent corners or free kicks. The ball MUST be responsible for that.

I'm not saying a team as an edge over others because of the ball, but they should have picked a better ball. That's all.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:35 pm   Reply with quote         

or just a normal ball, the rate of free kick goals or even shots on target is ridicolous.

supak0ma

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
the aerodynamic ridges on the Jabulani are likely to create enough turbulence around the ball to sustain its flight longer, and be a faster, harder ball in play.

"The Jabulani is expected to 'bend' more for the players than any ball previously encountered. Players are also discovering new opportunities to move the ball in erratic ways, alarming the world's best goalkeepers. By the time the ball reaches the goalkeeper, the Jabulani will have swerved and dipped, arriving with more power and energy than the Teamgeist.

wtf, just like those cheap lightweight balls we bought to play on the street as kids

anfa

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:47 pm   Reply with quote         

“The ball is dreadful. It’s horrible, but it’s horrible for everyone.” – David James (England, goalkeeper)

“The ball is a problem. You can’t anticipate which direction it is going to go in. It is difficult for defenders to deal with and you can’t take your eye off the ball until the very last second.” – Marcus Tulio Tanaka (Japan, defender)

“The new ball is not decent, not just for goalkeepers but for everyone. Its trajectory is unpredictable.” – Gigi Buffon (Italy, goalkeeper)

“It’s very weird. All of a sudden it changes trajectory on you. It’s like it doesn’t want to be kicked. It’s incredible, it’s like someone is guiding it. You are going to kick it and it moves out of the way. I think it’s supernatural, it’s very bad.” – Luis Fabiano (Brazil, forward)

“It’s like a beach ball.” – Claudio Bravo (Chile, goalkeeper)

“It’s terrible… like a ball you’d buy in a supermarket.” – Julio Cesar (Brazil, goalkeeper)

“Maybe they should stop trying to keep developing the ball and just change the look of it. The ball goes all over the place.” – Seigo Narazaki (Japan, goalkeeper)

“It’s a little sad that in a competition as big as the World Cup to have such a poor ball. It’s not just the goalkeepers complaining, but the outfield players as well.” – Iker Casillas (Spain, goalkeeper)

“It’s a catastrophe. I played with many different balls, some of which wiggled or changed directions, but this one is the worst of them all.” – Vladimir Stojkovic (Serbia, goalkeeper)

“It’s a disaster… It moves so much and makes it difficult to control. You jump up to head a cross and suddenly the ball will move and you miss it!” – Giampaolo Pazzini (Italy, forward)

arcaico

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:07 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
“The ball is dreadful. It’s horrible, but it’s horrible for everyone.” – David James (England, goalkeeper)

“The ball is a problem. You can’t anticipate which direction it is going to go in. It is difficult for defenders to deal with and you can’t take your eye off the ball until the very last second.” – Marcus Tulio Tanaka (Japan, defender)

“The new ball is not decent, not just for goalkeepers but for everyone. Its trajectory is unpredictable.” – Gigi Buffon (Italy, goalkeeper)

“It’s very weird. All of a sudden it changes trajectory on you. It’s like it doesn’t want to be kicked. It’s incredible, it’s like someone is guiding it. You are going to kick it and it moves out of the way. I think it’s supernatural, it’s very bad.” – Luis Fabiano (Brazil, forward)

“It’s like a beach ball.” – Claudio Bravo (Chile, goalkeeper)

“It’s terrible… like a ball you’d buy in a supermarket.” – Julio Cesar (Brazil, goalkeeper)

“Maybe they should stop trying to keep developing the ball and just change the look of it. The ball goes all over the place.” – Seigo Narazaki (Japan, goalkeeper)

“It’s a little sad that in a competition as big as the World Cup to have such a poor ball. It’s not just the goalkeepers complaining, but the outfield players as well.” – Iker Casillas (Spain, goalkeeper)

“It’s a catastrophe. I played with many different balls, some of which wiggled or changed directions, but this one is the worst of them all.” – Vladimir Stojkovic (Serbia, goalkeeper)

“It’s a disaster… It moves so much and makes it difficult to control. You jump up to head a cross and suddenly the ball will move and you miss it!” – Giampaolo Pazzini (Italy, forward)

how many of those are sponsored by Nike, and how many are sponsored by Adidas???

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

anfa

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:15 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
how many of those are sponsored by Nike, and how many are sponsored by Adidas???

Oh, for fucks sake, get your head out of your arse mate!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:23 pm   Reply with quote         

while the ball was sent to federations in March this year, February in Austria? not sure why, Germany and Switzerland.

and it was actually used in these leagues as the ball sponsor is Adidas in Germany so they have had much more use of it, I don't care what anyone says.

As in other leagues, the ball sponsor is different, and thus can not be an Adidas ball for all leagues. So the only time the teams can practice with it, is when international weeks happen, and the build up from mid May for 2-3 weeks.

Anyways, all this is pointless, as the ball is obviously, a massive bag of shit FACT!

Either that, or all the players in the word have simulateously become useless Rolling Eyes

Alex

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:34 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
Either that, or all the players in the word have simulateously become useless Rolling Eyes

That's the real point right there.
No needs to discuss it any further.
Adidas, Nike, money, corruption, etc... who cares?

The players can't play with it.
The play is erratic all of a sudden.
For everyone.
I see it before my own eyes.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:48 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
arcaico wrote:

seriously... we know for a fact that the ball sucks... but you won´t see Adidas sponsored athletes saying it... and you´ll see lots of Nike sponsored athletes doing so... seems you´re the one with yer head in the ass if you don´t realize they get a shitload of cash each time they curse the jabulani...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

anfa

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:16 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
anfa wrote:
arcaico wrote:

seriously... we know for a fact that the ball sucks... but you won´t see Adidas sponsored athletes saying it... and you´ll see lots of Nike sponsored athletes doing so... seems you´re the one with yer head in the ass if you don´t realize they get a shitload of cash each time they curse the jabulani...

It's obvious that players that are sponsored by Adidas are not going to dis the company that pays them you fucking plumb!
I also like the way you covered yourself by saying "we know the ball sucks" when you've been saying that was all a load of bullshit!

arcaico

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:19 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
arcaico wrote:
anfa wrote:
arcaico wrote:

It's obvious that players that are sponsored by Adidas are not going to dis the company that pays them you fucking plumb!
I also like the way you covered yourself by saying "we know the ball sucks" when you've been saying that was all a load of bullshit!

no no no... what i said is THAT ALL TEAMS RECEIVED THE BALL AT THE SAME TIME, according to Fifa, having the same time to use it and get used to it, meaning IT´S HORSESHITE TO BLAME THE BALL for the lack of ability to control it... I never said the ball was good, you peahead...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Alex

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:32 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
IT´S HORSESHITE TO BLAME THE BALL for the lack of ability to control it...

I repeat. It's no horseshit to blame the ball. If I give you a concrete square ball, no matter how long you train to get used to it, you'll never be able to make good plays out of it. Peahead. Think.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - BRASIL!!!! É HEXA!!!! - Reply to topic