Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - L'Oréal Brandstorm 2010 - Diesel Survival - Reply to topic

Hagen

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:12 am   Reply with quote         

Hey guys...!

As some of you know it, I've been quite busy these last weeks with a special business game organised by L'Oréal for students...! This is why I've not posted any chops recently Embarassed...!

As a reminder, this contest was about imagining a full new beauty product range for the brand Diesel...! Now I think it's time to share with you what we have came up with in that contest...!

As far as the results are concerned, we managed (my team and I) to reach the international final held in Paris on the 17th of June...! Indeed we had been chosen on the 20th of May amongst all the Belgian teams to represent the country in the international final...! Unfortunately we have not won the final but we have had three fantastic days in Paris Very Happy...!

Here some of the things we did for the game :

THE PRODUCT RANGE

THE WEBSITE

THE POINT OF SALES

THE ADVERTS

THE STREET MARKETING

THE VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRwZUwKNqnE

YerPalAl

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:39 am   Reply with quote         

Pretty fun, I like the fire extinguisher/hand grenade containers, very macho.

Glad you did so well. Very Happy

There were a few, minor issues with the English, but the design was well done.

Hagen

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:53 am   Reply with quote         

Ooooo really Surprised...? Tell me more about these issues then...!?!?

I know "Save your skin" is not appropriate...! It should have been "Save your beef" or something like that no...? But then the link with our skincare beauty product range was lost...!

If there were any other mistakes plz let me know...! We always learn from our mistakes Very Happy...!

YerPalAl

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:06 am   Reply with quote         

No, the "Save your skin" was fine, but it should have been "set your life ON fire.

And I think the reference to "the new beauty product range" in a macho line was a misfire. If it were me, I would have pushed it as an "Image Enhancement Line". Less of a girly reference. Smile

bogonet

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:12 am   Reply with quote         

Hagen wrote:
Hey guys...!

As far as the results are concerned, we managed (my team and I) to reach the international final held in Paris on the 17th of June...! Indeed we had been chosen on the 20th of May amongst all the Belgian teams to represent the country in the international final...! Unfortunately we have not won the final but we have had three fantastic days in Paris Very Happy...!

They should've banished you from Belgium, there is no room for wounded losers! Very Happy
Anway, good job, i liked the comic book style ad. Render should've been more realistic, the "studio" could use some work and the camera rotation needed more frames, but I guess you hadn't too much time for tweeking .Grats for reaching the final!

Who won ? can link their works?

Hagen

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:09 am   Reply with quote         

Actually Bogo no links at this stage...! For the 3D render, I've learned how to use 3DSMax in about2 days so I've not had the time to make any adjsutments or improvements...!

Agree with you YerPalAl... Had to deal with the girl of the group actually...!

Podium was Portugal, Argentina and Israel...! Does that mean Portugal is going to win the World Cup you think against Argentina Surprised...?

annajon

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:23 am   Reply with quote         

Hagen wrote:
Actually Bogo no links at this stage...! For the 3D render, I've learned how to use 3DSMax in about2 days so I've not had the time to make any adjsutments or improvements...!

Agree with you YerPalAl... Had to deal with the girl of the group actually...!

Podium was Portugal, Argentina and Israel...! Does that mean Portugal is going to win the World Cup you think against Argentina Surprised...?

If, as in so many cases, it is the girl who is buying the beauty care products for her boyfriend/husband - then the beauty care product might still be the right word for it. Although any referense to making the guy more mature might also work.

Nice job.

Tesore

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:14 am   Reply with quote         

Wow... nice work Hagen! +1 Wink

Nothing wrong with spending time in Paris Laughing

Hagen

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:28 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks Tesore...! Yeah Paris is a great city...! I love Paris...! Gotta say my girldfriend actually comes from Paris... I've met her during my gap year in England, in Chichester...! We've been together for more than 4 years now...! Funny story right...? Laughing

Tesore

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:34 am   Reply with quote         

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - L'Oréal Brandstorm 2010 - Diesel Survival - Reply to topic