Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - message for Claf - Reply to topic

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:44 pm   Reply with quote         

daaaaaaamn right

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes! No surprise! Very Happy

But 50% of the WC stuff on the web look like this...
http://amplicate.com/sucks/worldcup
Razz

marcoballistic

Post Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:01 am   Reply with quote         

and what is the betting that they are the 'opinions' of North American's I read there Rolling Eyes it is funny, because you read it, and you know not one of them have a single clue about it.

seamusoisin

Post Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:36 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
and what is the betting that they are the 'opinions' of North American's I read there Rolling Eyes it is funny, because you read it, and you know not one of them have a single clue about it.

Your correct in that it's probably North Americans who don't get it. I don't want to speak for all Canadians who don't get it but I will tell you what I don't like and what I do like. I like the pagentry, the fact that it gives some poorer nations a rallying point and I realize the skills involved. What I don't like is that there are few if any goals scored and while I admire defensive skills I don't think it's so much defense as a lack of offense. I could live with this if it were not for the dives players take rolling around on the ground like they have been shot when the replay shows clearly that they weren't even touched. They carry them off on a stretcher and they are back in minutes apparently cured. Surely North Americans aren't the only ones who don't like this.
In Canada where hockey rules and make no mistake we are just as nuts as the rest of the world when we watch and discuss hockey, players who are injured are injured and if someone takes a dive he is sent off with a penalty. By the time the season is over probably most players are playing with a multitude of injuries. This is expected of players. So whenever soccer/football is discussed this is the overriding complaint and most Canadians believe that because of this there is no validity to the game.

IMHO while there are a multitude of soccer fans here mostly Italian Canadians, Greek Canadians, etc Canadians, they seem to find the World Cup as an excuse to celebrate their ethnic roots rather than the game.

The greatest thing about football to me is the affordability of the sport which makes the game accessible to all. Football is growing by leaps and bounds here in Canada and if you ever had a child who played rep hockey you would know why. Equipment, extra ice time, travel costs are high and to make it worse the little buggers are growing at a phenominal rate usually meaning that you sometime have to equip the child twice during a season and after the summer guess what, yeah he shot up like a bad weed.

One of the reasons that Canadian football palyers are as rare as hens teeth is that good athletes, I mean elite athletes have no professional soccer teams here so there is no contract at the end of the rainbow while hockey/baseball offer huge salaries. So when the ranks of players thin because of ability the majority of gifted players are getting scholarships or offers to turn professional so they go that route.

Many of the comments that were posted on that site are idiotic and insulting and made by people with no particular motive other than to bitch.

Hopefully you World Cup fanatics see that we are screwing with you and while we may not enjoy the game we do enjoy the repartee. Let's face it here on PSC you gonna get yours no matter who you are, which brings me to accordians.... no I better not go there.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
anfa

Post Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:35 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:

Razz

One of the major successes of this World Cup is that a lot (not all) of North Americans have come off looking like ignorant idiots. Well done for living up to the stereotype guys. Congratulations, I salute you! salut Laughing

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:13 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Claf wrote:

Razz

One of the major successes of this World Cup is that a lot (not all) of North Americans have come off looking like ignorant idiots. Well done for living up to the stereotype guys. Congratulations, I salute you! salut Laughing

What can I say? You're absolutely right! Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:52 am   Reply with quote         

BTW I don't hate too much soccer! No... I kinda like it!
Seriously, I'll try to look at the finals and semi-finals.

And I'm OK with the vulvazella! Maybe for a better mood, I'll add some great noise... I'll blow my didgeridoo!
Cool

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:11 am   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
I could live with this if it were not for the dives players take rolling around on the ground like they have been shot when the replay shows clearly that they weren't even touched. They carry them off on a stretcher and they are back in minutes apparently cured. Surely North Americans aren't the only ones who don't like this.
In Canada where hockey rules and make no mistake we are just as nuts as the rest of the world when we watch and discuss hockey, players who are injured are injured and if someone takes a dive he is sent off with a penalty.

I saw only one hockey player faking an injury. He is Canadian but Portuguese origin (so he surely played soccer before hahaha!). After the game, I remember the comments from players of the opposite team saying that they're playing hockey, not soccer. For the next game, they just wanted to punch his face...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNw8ZZT8tOU&feature=related
Laughing

marcoballistic

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:28 am   Reply with quote         

its Ronaldo I tell you!!! Laughing

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:30 am   Reply with quote         

North American chiming in...

I enjoy watching Futbol/Football mostly called Soccer here. These guys have unbelievable stamina and skills, but the thing that annoys me about watching it is the drama and acting involved the smallest bump causes someone to fall down and act like they were hit buy a car. It is common in quite a few sports now though.

Don't fall down like a sissy unless you are truly hurt like this guy.

anfa

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:47 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
its Ronaldo I tell you!!! Laughing

I agree! Now I have to post this again! Laughing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vajsMmodOI

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - message for Claf - Reply to topic