Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Fun with brand new optical illusion - Reply to topic

Is the ball...

over the goal line

50%

50%

[ 3 ]

clearly not over the goal line

16%

16%

[ 1 ]

Another World Cup thread ARRRRGHHH!!!

33%

33%

[ 2 ]

Total Votes: 6

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Take your time with this, and cast your vote, you may be surprised to hear that in the region of 2.1 billion people worldwide have got this correct, and only 2 people got it so very wrong.

Have fun, and later I bring you How far offside was Carlos Tevez against Mexico Very Happy

ok here it is:

Tesore

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:11 pm   Reply with quote         

I vote for no. 3 Laughing

Still wonder... Why oh why has the UK voted agains electronic perception???
Of whatever you call it.

marcoballistic

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
I vote for no. 3 Laughing

Still wonder... Why oh why has the UK voted agains electronic perception???
Of whatever you call it.

The UK has nothing to do with it. Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini have voted against it for FIFA and UEFA respectively, nothing to do with English or any other football nation. We want technology used, we have for decades.

Fifa's excuse is mistakes are all part of the game. Not when they cost your team both massively financially and morally they are not Rolling Eyes

YerPalAl

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:19 pm   Reply with quote         

. . . did he injure himself? Laughing Laughing Laughing

marcoballistic

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:20 pm   Reply with quote         

At the 124th Annual General meeting of the International Football Association Board (IFAB) in Zurich on 6 March 2010, which, as is the case with every FIFA World Cup™ year, was chaired by myself on behalf of FIFA, the IFAB decided not to implement technology in football.

FIFA supports this decision, based on the following points:

Here is what Fifa President Sepp Blatter says:

The simplicity and universality of the game of association football is one of the reasons for its success. Men, women, children, amateurs and professionals all play the same game all over the world.

The human aspect: no matter which technology is applied, at the end of the day a decision will have to be taken by a human being. This being the case, why remove the responsibility from the referee to give it to someone else? It is often the case that, even after a slow-motion replay, ten different experts will have ten different opinions on what the decision should have been.

Fans love to debate any given incident in a game. It is part of the human nature of our sport.

FIFA’s goal is to improve the quality of refereeing, making referees more professional and better prepared, and to assist referees as much as possible. This is also the reason why refereeing experiments (such as with additional referees or the role of the fourth official) will continue to be analysed, to see how referees can be supported.

The financial aspect: the application of modern technologies can be very costly, and therefore not applicable on a global level. Many matches, even at the highest level, are not even televised. For example, we have close to 900 preliminary matches for the FIFA World Cup™, and the same rules need to be applied in all matches of the same competition. The rules need to be the same for all association football matches worldwide.

The experiments conducted by companies on technology in football are also expensive. The decision of the IFAB, after careful consideration and examination of studies conducted in recent years, to give a clear answer on technology in football is also positive in this regard as these companies will now not spend significant amounts of money on projects which in the end will not be implemented.

The extended use of technology: the question has already been raised: if the IFAB had approved goal-line technology, what would prevent the approval of technology for other aspects of the game? Every decision in every area of the pitch would soon be questioned.

The nature of the game: association football is a dynamic game that cannot be stopped in order to review a decision. If play were to be stopped to take a decision, it would break up the rhythm of the game and possibly deny a team the opportunity to score a goal. It would also not make sense to stop play every two minutes to review a decision, as this would go against the natural dynamism of the game."

marcoballistic

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:21 pm   Reply with quote         

I say fair enough, but the game does not need to stop every 2 minutes, they are blowing it out of preportion.

A team should be given the chance to appeal once in every half of each game, so 2 times in a match if they wish to, game stops briefly, by referee just like for an injury. Monitor at side of pitch like in american football, he checks it, decides. Game on. Take 30 seconds tops. Problem solved.

the202
Site Moderator

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:32 pm   Reply with quote         

It would seem the call was valid.

Tesore

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Marco this is the story they tell on sports tv today!???

marcoballistic

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing @ 202

Tesore

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

For all the people who are very disappointed by the title of this thread:

Click ^^^!!!

Wink

Tad

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:57 pm   Reply with quote         

the202 wrote:
It would seem the call was valid.

LOL! Bad ass "chop"!

Tesore

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:19 pm   Reply with quote         

And! It is an optical illusion Laughing

MamaBallistic

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Crying or Very sad THAT.IS.ALL Crying or Very sad

What's that Mark? You'd LOVE to see a picture of Torres right now? Ooooooookkkkkaaaaaay...... whatever you want.....

Wink

marcoballistic

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Fun with brand new optical illusion - Reply to topic