Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - THE FOLLOW UP: thoughts on CHANTIX - Reply to topic

Designed2522

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Well I just wanted to come back to the table and say that I have successfully quite... I am now going on the middle of day three without a single smoke!!! As everyone was stating I can now smell much more then I could before... my coworks BO Argh , Pond Scum as I drive by the water leaving work scratch , and the litter box as soon as I get home Huh.. .... god life is beautiful!!! Doh! BUT IM HAPPY! thanks for the info for everyone who replied!

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Congrats! Hope it continues to go well for you and you stay a quitter! Laughing

My mom smoked for 20+ years. Found out she finally was able to quit a while back. Don't know how she did it but she's happy she did. Cool

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:14 pm   Reply with quote         

I smoked for 14 years, and quit a little over 3 years ago.

It's true how your sense of smell (even bad smells) and taste returns. One of the worst smells though is someone who just put out a cig. Argh

Keep on fighting the urge. Smile

YerPalAl

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Good luck, just don't get cocky. 3 days is not very long. I don't want to rain on your parade, but you have a ways to go yet.

And for God's sake, don't think that now that you've broken the habit you can have "just one".

You can't.

It's THE trap.

Oscar

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I had this friend long time ago, he was a heavy smoker. I mean this guy seriously would wake up to a smoke and go to bed smoking too, I always told him he was going to die from all that and was going to leave his family behind. He died, 2 years ago.

Car accident.

arcaico

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Good luck, just don't get cocky. 3 days is not very long. I don't want to rain on your parade, but you have a ways to go yet.

And for God's sake, don't think that now that you've broken the habit you can have "just one".

You can't.

It's THE trap.

true... the "just one" is a very dangerous thing...

another thing IŽd like to advice, is that by the end of the 2nd month, youŽll be extremely nauseous and will want to quit chantix... DONŽT!!! Make the full 3 months treatment. Even though youŽll be "cured" by the 2nd month, make the full treatment!!

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Designed2522

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:19 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
YerPalAl wrote:

You can't.

It's THE trap.

true... the "just one" is a very dangerous thing...

another thing IŽd like to advice, is that by the end of the 2nd month, youŽll be extremely nauseous and will want to quit chantix... DONŽT!!! Make the full 3 months treatment. Even though youŽll be "cured" by the 2nd month, make the full treatment!!

sounds good def will!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Pfizer's web site's offering $30 off.
http://www.chantix.com/index.aspx?chtxsrc=CHW10019334&source=google&HBX_PK=s_chantix&HBX_OU=50&o=23119569|166373525|0

Good luck to everyone who wants to quit.

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:01 pm   Reply with quote         

*steps up on soapbox*

Regardless of what those lying, slimy bastards (the tobacco executives) told the senate investigative committee, they freaking lied through their teeth and I hope they rot in hell for all eternity.

Cigarettes are the most insidiously addictive sin we have ever created and the tobacco companies make sure they are as addictive as they can possibly make them by adding every chemical they can to keep us hooked on the damned things.

Quitting was the toughest thing I have ever done in my life and anyone who tries to quit deserves our support and congratulations for the effort.

Good luck, stay the course and cut those bastards off at the knees.

That's all.

*steps down off soapbox*

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:08 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Quitting was the toughest thing I have ever done in my life and anyone who tries to quits deserves our support and congratulations for the effort.

I concur. salut

Designed2522

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:53 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:

You can't.

It's THE trap.

Thanks Al, yes I know that 3 days is just the beginning, I have now smoked for about 15 years and had only attempted to seriously quit once back when I was twenty. I ended up doing pretty well and managed to quit for roughly 7 months. a "good" friend of mine gave me my first smoke on my 21 bday.... well after my 6.....7...8... shot and I started up all over again..... I understand the concept of the "trap" and now that im 30 about to turn 31 in July the time is now! What makes me mad is the fact that, out of all my friends, when I was back in High school I was the last to pick up the habit... I use to break all my friends cigs and tell them to stop.... now the friends that I am still in contact have all quit and here I am still smokin!!! Time to go back to my first beliefs! Smile So again thank for your feedback and everyones!!! for that matter your all a great support group! Very Happy

YerPalAl

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:56 am   Reply with quote         

DAY FOUR!!!

annajon

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:16 am   Reply with quote         

I hope you keep in mind that nicotine has another side effect on your body, it made you more nerveous, and your body would absorbe less calories from food.

Therefor, you need to watch out your food intake and try to get extra physical exersise each day, to make sure you do not gain weight.

soulrock

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:33 am   Reply with quote         

ahhh...I have an alternative for you Mr. Designed 2522. Take a lollipop with you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Good luck! Out do your self!

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - THE FOLLOW UP: thoughts on CHANTIX - Reply to topic