Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - What's this new? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

you do not aim for 5th, of course not, but certain members will not yet be able to achieve a top 3 say.

This lets them see if they are going anywhere near the right direction, and others.

If they sit there then, and go, wow, I have a 5th, my job here is done, well fine. But in reality and not magical cloud mentalist land, most people would then be geared up to improve themselves.

Amazing the people complaining are people who those places seem below them and unimportant, to some, it will help hopefully gear them up, and show to them and others they are progressing, and it will be important to them.

Like I said, it is there for those who will find it helpful, and for those who do not, then ignore it. Same as when the stats were changed, and same as when 2nd and 3rd's were added all those years ago.

arcaico

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:53 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:
feel free to make suggestions to improve the site and community. From what I have heard, the plus far outweighs the negative on this one. No idea ever goes down 100% well here, so what ya gonna do.

OK then. Here's what I would do. I'd ditch the 4th and 5th from the profile pages and on the portfolio pages I'd have 2 numbers above each chop that hasn't finished in the top 3. The first number represents the position finished and the second represents the number of entries in the contest it was in.

So the chop on the right came in 6th out of 40 entries.

I think that is a non patronising fair way to do it. Plus newer members can easily see the progress they are making(if they are making progress that is. lol).

Did that make sense?

love this idea... and people would be able to see that a 3/19 is far worse than a 5/95, instead of thinking that a 3 is better than a 5...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

marcoballistic

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:56 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:

OK then. Here's what I would do. I'd ditch the 4th and 5th from the profile pages and on the portfolio pages I'd have 2 numbers above each chop that hasn't finished in the top 3. The first number represents the position finished and the second represents the number of entries in the contest it was in.

I think that is a non patronising fair way to do it. Plus newer members can easily see the progress they are making(if they are making progress that is. lol).

Did that make sense?

that is not a bad idea, not sure how this would go down with the server update though, was informed that this current change could slow the servers down. Think it is being monitored.

Rangizzz

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Anfa your idea is just awesome! The best what can be done.

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:15 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
anfa wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:
feel free to make suggestions to improve the site and community. From what I have heard, the plus far outweighs the negative on this one. No idea ever goes down 100% well here, so what ya gonna do.

Did that make sense?

love this idea... and people would be able to see that a 3/19 is far worse than a 5/95, instead of thinking that a 3 is better than a 5...
This is a great idea. And the code can easily be written to check for 1/2/3 spots to still put in "Winner", "Second Place" and "Third Place" text.

marcoballistic

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Anfa's idea been put forward to Proc and dev team, see what happens Smile

arcaico

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:26 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
Anfa's idea been put forward to Proc and dev team, see what happens Smile

wtf are you? Ideas forwarder???? I'm quite sure proc can read it by himself in here...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Napalm32

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:42 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
hey proc... why not making it way up to the 25th then??? Ohhh... right... most contests nowadays have no more than 25 entries... got it....

this idea is stupid... it should count only to top3... I wonder how a F1 race podium would be with more than 3 spots... who was the fucktard that came up with this idea???

This was my question....but i'm too diplomatic to talk this way.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

marcoballistic

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah yeah Arc, blah blah, i'll pay attention to you when you eventually do anything useful at all

arcaico

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:56 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
yeah yeah Arc, blah blah, i'll pay attention to you when you eventually do anything useful at all

sorry. I can't ban you.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

marcoballistic

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:00 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
Vuvuzela Vuvuzela Vuvuzela Vuvuzela Vuvuzela Vuvuzela Vuvuzela Vuvuzela Vuvuzela Vuvuzela Vuvuzela Vuvuzela Vuvuzela Vuvuzela

Alex

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Just want to say that this 4th and 5th idea suck. Ok?

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:36 pm   Reply with quote         

ah the people who this is aimed at are loving it, if you do not like it, just ignore it. Same thing happened when 2nd and 3rd was implimented Rolling Eyes

near enough same people too Laughing

Granulated

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:40 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:

Did that make sense?

Great idea !

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh goody. Are we all gonna replay the stats bitching game again? Laughing

Showcase wrote:
...its over. say goodbye and move on. Another thread will come along eventually

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - What's this new? - Reply to topic