Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A chop with no name - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

charliesou

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:09 am   Reply with quote         

Today I came to view the latest entries. One of them was a chop that was worthy of a comment / vote, due to the skill , originality and obvious time spent on the work, then, I saw that this labour of love was titled ( ) i.e untitled . So , here is where i stand.
No title. No vote. Sometimes ,I must admit I have voted for a chop swayed mostly by a humorous/whacky/even weird title !
It seems odd to me that someone could spend hours sweating pixels and could'nt come up with a name for the project, even if it was just an enigmatic non-sequiteur that had everyone trying to figure out what the f**k it meant !
To my mind, unless your an 18th century composer, or a drug addled cubist with a taste for Absinthe,the words ...
"Untitled" are only applicable in the event of being struck down in mid-chop...and joining the choir invisible !
Apart from that..My operation was a success, and I am only experiencing slight episodes of mania/schizo/paranoiac delusions of immortality ! My family physician Dr.Hibbert has been a great "source" of .........oops, time for my tablets !
xxx

ReinMan

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:14 am   Reply with quote         

Finally! After years and YEARS of the same "VOTING ISSUES" threads with the same BLAH BLAH BLAH I don't vote for this because BLAH BLAH BLAH... finally I see before me an ORIGINAL (though, in my mind, equally senseless) REASON for WITHHOLDING A VOTE from someone.

This... yes, THIS has restored my FAITH in the resilience of PSC members!

flower

blue_lurker

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:23 am   Reply with quote         

charliesou wrote:
Today I came to view the latest entries. One of them was a chop that was worthy of a comment / vote, due to the skill , originality and obvious time spent on the work, then, I saw that this labour of love was titled ( ) i.e untitled . So , here is where i stand.
No title. No vote. Sometimes ,I must admit I have voted for a chop swayed mostly by a humorous/whacky/even weird title !
It seems odd to me that someone could spend hours sweating pixels and could'nt come up with a name for the project, even if it was just an enigmatic non-sequiteur that had everyone trying to figure out what the f**k it meant !
To my mind, unless your an 18th century composer, or a drug addled cubist with a taste for Absinthe,the words ...
"Untitled" are only applicable in the event of being struck down in mid-chop...and joining the choir invisible !
Apart from that..My operation was a success, and I am only experiencing slight episodes of mania/schizo/paranoiac delusions of immortality ! My family physician Dr.Hibbert has been a great "source" of .........oops, time for my tablets !
xxx

Are you for real...man that's just strange, don't get me wrong your vote your choice...but if you check in peoples portfolios you will find many of the top choppers don't name there work. Shit way back when you could not give em a name.

TheShaman

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:38 am   Reply with quote         

seriously?

I couldn't give a flip what its called or who made it.

If its good... oh fuckitall.

its your votes. do what you want with them Rolling Eyes

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:51 am   Reply with quote         

Title has a crucial importance once in a while, avoiding some confusions or allowing/making the viewer to dig after some not so obvious details. One word can save a work or shed a light upon its subtle meaning.(AND i don't wanna point to H2H, i'm still bleeding Smile ).
Although, some works don't really need explanations.

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:03 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Pretty bizarre reason for not voting but they are your votes and you can do what the hell you like with them!Smile

Speaking of bizarre, Reinman is this yours? Shocked Laughing

YerPalAl

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:15 pm   Reply with quote         

I go with the flow on this one.

Sometimes I will vote on an otherwise mediocre chop because of the title, but I have never withheld a vote because a chop wasn't names.

Hell, its your vote, but the site is photoshopcontest.com not cleverlynamedchop.com

TheShaman

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Curious...

When you go to an art museum, do you look at the name of the painting or the painting itself? Or Both. Does the name of the painting ever deter you from appreciating the work or vice versa?

Personally, the name of it is not as important to me. Sometimes a name can be good and help, other times it confuses me. I tend to just look at the pretty p.... OH LOOK A CHICKEN!!!

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         

i wont withhold a vote for that reason but i will say i agree that anyone can come up with a title.... even if it is a bit arbitrary... if thats the right word

seamusoisin

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Anfa is that a crunchy peanut butter center? The Rein hombre will not be pleased.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
ReinMan

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:38 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Pretty bizarre reason for not voting but they are your votes and you can do what the hell you like with them!Smile

Speaking of bizarre, Reinman is this yours? Shocked Laughing

ReinMan

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:46 pm   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
Anfa is that a crunchy peanut butter center? The Rein hombre will not be pleased.

I consider you a good friend. I expect my friends to know that I ADORE a crunchy peanut butter center. Huh..

Please, next time? Before you speak? Do your HOMEWORK!!! Raising Brow

anfa

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:24 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing @"Tighty Whities" Smile

charliesou

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Jeebus.....I never expected the Spanish Inquisition !
( or did I )...
Anyway, its great that Scotland qualified for the latter stage of the World Cup...in f*****ng dominoes !!!

Bow

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A chop with no name - Reply to topic