Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Has PSC Died ? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

nat_g31

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:32 am   Reply with quote         

It doesn't help that the voting queue keeps recycling the same pictures over and over and over and over. . . . .

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
Tesore

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:17 am   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:
It doesn't help that the voting queue keeps recycling the same pictures over and over and over and over. . . . .

What do you mean with: over and over and over again?

Confused Crying or Very sad Laughing

Dream_weaver

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:45 am   Reply with quote         

Yay Stick Chamber. Gives me a chance to redoor resubmit my "Life of a Fish" once again... Laughing

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:54 am   Reply with quote         

Haven't been here either due to some personal stuff + an overkill of work.

But...
I DO think the ownership of this site has alot to do with active members or not.
Imho, the owner should take responsibility concerning marketing and improvement of his website.

It's like running a shop, if you use the same policy and won't do anything new stuff concerning marketing or whatever, customers will stay away too.
Same story with advertising.

Now i don't want to be one guy sitting along with the crowd bitching about what should be better or not and won't do anything myself and blame someone for the entire mess ( which i think it kinda is ), but actually willing to brainstorm with you, and help you lot and make this thing alive.

I've seen brilliant pieces or art here in the past, and lately, that quotum of brilliance, has not been reached. By a long shot.

It's a shame to let that kind of quality wander off.

Second of all, Proc or Mods, i do alot with webmarketing, since it is a big part of my job. If help is needed, PM me, and i'll see what i can do.
It's an offer, yours to decide what to do with it.

Huub.

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Huubbbb wrote:
Haven't been here either due to some personal stuff + an overkill of work.

But...
I DO think the ownership of this site has alot to do with active members or not.
Imho, the owner should take responsibility concerning marketing and improvement of his website.

It's like running a shop, if you use the same policy and won't do anything new stuff concerning marketing or whatever, customers will stay away too.
Same story with advertising.

Now i don't want to be one guy sitting along with the crowd bitching about what should be better or not and won't do anything myself and blame someone for the entire mess ( which i think it kinda is ), but actually willing to brainstorm with you, and help you lot and make this thing alive.

I've seen brilliant pieces or art here in the past, and lately, that quotum of brilliance, has not been reached. By a long shot.

It's a shame to let that kind of quality wander off.

Second of all, Proc or Mods, i do alot with webmarketing, since it is a big part of my job. If help is needed, PM me, and i'll see what i can do.
It's an offer, yours to decide what to do with it.

Huub.

I agree! It's all about marketing! The competition is fierce out there. Maybe all the serious members who are dedicated to this site, could band together and produce our own marketing strategy.

Tesore

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

So... long story short:
We don't die, we don't do!?

WhimSea

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:10 pm   Reply with quote         

did you notice the voting que said FIVE to choose from... and then only showed FOUR?

I've uploaded a couple, but have yet to see them in the voting que. It says it may be a while because there is a lot in the deal that makes the voting thingy... but then I see old stuff from a couple weeks ago, or that were already voted on before...

the lights are on and no one is home - machines left to work on their own sort of deal.

Wiz

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:57 pm   Reply with quote         

"Let's protest in the way that we're all good at:-

Source Image= PSC Logo
Theme Idea= Protest
Prize= Survival

STFUAC!

[img]
[/img]

Here's your starter:-

http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/2220?o=votes

"Nothing like a little Anarchy to get some attention is there!"

Wiz Twisted Evil

WhimSea

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:18 pm   Reply with quote         

so i googled us...

FARK.com: (470546) PhotoshopContest.com - Photoshop your a** off !!! www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?...hl=Photoshop-Contestcom...
•that was a 2003 (closed) thread asking why would you want to PS your ass off... 2 or 3 people, they didn't have a clue what psc is about

Photoshopcontest.com Estimated Worth $32239 USD by Freewebsitereport
Jul 5, 2010 ... Daily Ad Revenue:$44.16 USD, Daily Views:14721 Pages, Traffic Rank:74723, Page Rank:5, Linking Sites:447, Lang:English, Adult Content:No, ...
www.freewebsitereport.org/www.photoshopcontest.com
our current swan opening page is also showing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photoshopcontest
This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference...
* 05:53, 15 September 2006 Centrx (talk | contribs) deleted "Photoshopcontest" ‎ content was deleted and the only contributor was 'Freakofnurture'
* 13:43, 12 September 2006 Freakofnurture (talk | contribs) deleted "Photoshopcontest" ‎ (content was: '[http://www.photoshopcontest.com PSC]' (and the only contributor was 'Digitalpharaoh'
* 13:41, 12 September 2006 Xezbeth (talk | contribs) deleted "Photoshopcontest" ‎ (just an external link)

What's a good prize for a photoshop contest?
Let's say I wanted to promote a site by having a photoshop contest and getting entries. Something along the lines of where people would take ...
forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=32905
• The questioner asking if $100 or so would be a good prize... of course most said it sounded good to them...
However I had to laugh at one responder (Chopster) who said: "I know people who gravitate to those contests for free... just for the recognition (eg. www.photoshopcontest.com).
Even if you made the prize $10 bucks, it would be enough to generate lots of interested choppers."

also listed various facebooks, ANFA deal on youtube, Vokaris photostream on flickr and some of our tutorials.

SOOOO..... Could we each help by:
1. mentioning the site to those we talk to (in person and online - I've done both)
2. click on the ads to help with revenue? after seeing that daily revenue - that is dismal. I've never clicked on the ads personally, but if it would help, i'd do it!
3. Make some YouTube videos - something funny and give mention to the site of course. (I'm thinking along the lines of those 'deep thoughts' sort of thing... 'when i get home from a hard day at work, all i want to do is cut my boss' head off and put in on a swan's body.... har!'
4. Get a Wiki page up again

Wiz

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:09 pm   Reply with quote         

"Get the Idea guys?" Wink

[img]
[/img]

"The least it can do is scare some advertising $$$$$ away, and that ALWAYS gets web-owners full attention.

Now Let's hit those Barricades!!!!

Wiz Laughing

captainSMITTY11

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:26 pm   Reply with quote         

like him or not the site had a little breath of life when marco came back

chat was alive...votes increased...entries increased, everything was just better.

and i know for myself that i'm much more inclined to do a chop if i know that some of the greats will be in the same comp. i want to see how i stack up against them and i want to see some other takes on the source.

so imo i think that once...if some of the reyreys and marcos and anfas and clafs and bcs and shamans...you get the idea, start chopping more and more, then itll be infectious and others will too.

but i get that people are busy, myself included, so maybe thats unrealistic, just putting it out there Smile

smitts

TJ

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:58 pm   Reply with quote         

captainSMITTY11 wrote:
like him or not the site had a little breath of life when marco came back

chat was alive...votes increased...entries increased, everything was just better.

and i know for myself that i'm much more inclined to do a chop if i know that some of the greats will be in the same comp. i want to see how i stack up against them and i want to see some other takes on the source.

so imo i think that once...if some of the reyreys and marcos and anfas and clafs and bcs and shamans...you get the idea, start chopping more and more, then itll be infectious and others will too.

but i get that people are busy, myself included, so maybe thats unrealistic, just putting it out there Smile

smitts

If your talking about marcoballistic, I know he is still checking in and I would like his thoughts on this thread plus a word from the others you have listed here.
I think your dead on about seeing the great ones chop in the dailies again, but understand times are hard and tough to find time to chop.

@ All PSC members,
What I'm seeing is that the voting is down for the folks that keep this place going. If you don't have the time to chop then at least throw out a vote or comment on NOT just the people you know or LIKE, but some of the newbies stuff! There are some new people here that have some great ideas and a lot of skill.They, like me, want to learn from the best and without your votes, comments or help they will get discouraged fast and walk away. Believe me, I know!

I'm not sure about the advertising thing, because we have the people here now. They (we/us) just need some feedback from everyone here.

Now I feel better! Smile

Thanks PSC thumright

Dream_weaver

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:22 am   Reply with quote         

A couple of times though rarely, from various choppers I received good feedback on my entries. They had let me know how I can improve myself on here and what I need to do to make my chops better overall. But TBH mostly I receive feedback that are "I didn't like it" or "I did like it" by vote or no vote. Never really do I know the reason what they did like or didn't like about my chop and therefore no way that I can improve myself, my chop, or anything else in the future. This in a way does become kind of frustrating and starts to drop the appeal of the site overall. I know the site is called Photo Shop Contest. But it does help to know what we did that was a mistake and then we can apply that knowledge in the future to better ourselves. Without that help anything we do seems like we repeat the mistakes of our past.

anfa

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:33 am   Reply with quote         

The voting gets too one-sided for some people. I'm too Northern English to let this shit bother me although a lot of people dislike this corrupt voting thing! I'll never forgive the voters for this!! http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/3007/pink-facade.html?l=&o=votes
Well, apart from some obvious discretions, I'm not bothered! Smile

TJ

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:47 am   Reply with quote         

Dream_weaver wrote:
A couple of times though rarely, from various choppers I received good feedback on my entries. They had let me know how I can improve myself on here and what I need to do to make my chops better overall. But TBH mostly I receive feedback that are "I didn't like it" or "I did like it" by vote or no vote. Never really do I know the reason what they did like or didn't like about my chop and therefore no way that I can improve myself, my chop, or anything else in the future. This in a way does become kind of frustrating and starts to drop the appeal of the site overall. I know the site is called Photo Shop Contest. But it does help to know what we did that was a mistake and then we can apply that knowledge in the future to better ourselves. Without that help anything we do seems like we repeat the mistakes of our past.

That's what I'm talking about. You have some great skills. Kickum' in the ass and put your talent out for us to see. Ask for help if needed, just keep them coming! You will do good here.

Other words.......... STFUAC! Shocked Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Has PSC Died ? - Reply to topic