Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Just a little miffed - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

zorda

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:47 pm   Reply with quote         

I did a post in the "old tractor" contest and someone rudely stated that no work had been done and laughed out loud at the voters that I did get.

I should be proud that all of the background work that I had done, was done so well that this person never even noticed all of the changes that were made... right down to changing the shadow on the car mirror, but I can't let someone just be rude and not point it out.

I'm not sure when this comment was posted, but it would have been nice of this person to "pm" me rather than posting the comment on the contest page. I would gladly have given a detailed account of what was done. Was this done so that no one else would vote? Whatever the reasoning, it was just rude!

Changing the background, so that the new tractor could be worked and fitted in, was NO easy chore...definitely no cut and paste, as he so eagerly pointed out.

You can't just copy and paste an object of a different size and angle into an image without making changes. Getting a new object out of it's own surroundings isn't always that easy either, so you end up manipulating two pics to get one.

Thanks for listening to me blow off some steam.

anfa

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Kick him in the nuts mate! Wink thumright

MentalWard

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Zorda, nice work. Yeah that was rude Rolling Eyes . Good for you to air it out.

blue_lurker

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:01 pm   Reply with quote         

My advise...suck it up and move on...if you cant take the heat don't post the image...I beleive every one here has had a comment like that, I know I have had many. If you start letting them all get to you it stops being fun. Trust an Old Fart get over it, forget it and move on its not about the votes or the comments, it about the learning both PS skills and critique skills.

Now don't you get upset by my comment... Wink

YerPalAl

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Blue Lurker's comment is a little rough, but its true you have to get used to rude comments here, its part of the site. Lord knows I have received my share too. Just chalk it off to someone else's lack of tact and move on and keep chopping.

Cheers,

janetdog

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Obviously a po'd douche bag mad because he/she worked really hard on a cut and paste and only got six votes

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Agree with all the above. This will make you that much better. I know you can kick some PSC ass here and don't let this hold you back!

Keep up the great work and move on...... or .... STFUAC as I've been told before, many times. Wink Laughing Laughing

ReinMan

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:34 am   Reply with quote         

Life is not fair.
Then you die.
If you are lucky, you may chop a bit in there somewhere.

Evil or Very Mad

zorda

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:32 am   Reply with quote         

I guess things will just never change. There are kind souls and there will always be souls who are not so kind; then, there are those who are bordering on assholery!

YerPalAl

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:01 am   Reply with quote         

That is one of life's lessons that is very important to learn. Just because someone else treats you crappy doesn't mean you have to accept it.

charliesou

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:07 am   Reply with quote         

It was a very good chop,and obviously undervoted.
Here's my 2 cents worth...
Sometimes I have noticed the " Lemming Effect". By that I mean this..
Chop x.. is a good entry but has very few votes.
Chop x.. then receives a glowing comment ,praising the work to high heaven.
Chop x..is suddenly very voteworthy, and all of a sudden the votes come fast & furious , as if everyone knew all along how fine it was.
-----------------
Chop y..is an abstract smorgasbord of meaningless hues and curves, swirling around a ...you get my drift.
Chop y..gets a glowing critique (usually from an elder statesman of the site) commenting on the lavish tones and hues reminiscent of the great works of the neo-surrealist-avant-garde-..etc. etc.
Chop y..becomes voteworthy.. and no-one admits to the fact that it is a jumbled mass of kaleidescopic, mirrored images that mean nothing but will get votes anyway. Because ...no one wants to proclaim...
" The Emperor is Bollock Naked" !!
--------
Merry Christmas !!

Laughing Hug bounce colors

blue_lurker

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:29 am   Reply with quote         

Wow you guys put a lot into this voting thing dont ya...come on the votes mean nothing...

zorda

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:34 am   Reply with quote         

This really wasn't about the votes Charlie; it was more to do with the rudeness of the public comment about how much work had gone into the post. If I was gonna bitch about voting; I'd be posting in this forum everyday Laughing

I did do a lot of work on that tractor post, but still find mistakes in it, even now.

TJ gave me the suggestion a few days ago about making a link to exterior sources; makes sense...I still have to set up an outside account.

ReinMan

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:06 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
That is one of life's lessons that is very important to learn. Just because someone else treats you crappy doesn't mean you have to accept it.

Nor does it mean YOU need to be crappy back to them. Wink

If you decide on how to treat people by the way they treat you - then we are ALL fuc*ed.

(I hope the Koreans on both sides get this bit Raising Brow)

blue_lurker

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:11 am   Reply with quote         

zorda wrote:
This really wasn't about the votes Charlie; it was more to do with the rudeness of the public comment about how much work had gone into the post. If I was gonna bitch about voting; I'd be posting in this forum everyday Laughing

I did do a lot of work on that tractor post, but still find mistakes in it, even now.

TJ gave me the suggestion a few days ago about making a link to exterior sources; makes sense...I still have to set up an outside account.

Oh for god sake toughen up Princess its just a web site, we have all put in lots of work and got shit comments move on, and whos this Charlie you speak off does he like midgets and lime jelly as well.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Just a little miffed - Reply to topic