Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - PIMP my PSC - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Do PSC members think its time to change the looks and features of PSC???

Yes, definitely

41%

41%

[ 12 ]

No, I like as it is

27%

27%

[ 8 ]

I don't care

31%

31%

[ 9 ]

Total Votes: 29

acemanoj

Location: India, mumbai.

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:27 pm   Reply with quote         


Do PSC members think its time to change the looks and features of PSC???
Suggest what should be ADDED, SUBTRACTED or IMPROVED in PSC
Please be serious....don't suggest something like; there should be a pig running from right to left on Home page Razz
Be specific and point to point on suggestion.

My Suggestions:
1) High Resolution Quality pics for all.
2) Make all or maximum contests Anonymous.
3) Increase upload file size.
4) If used externals....make compulsory to link the source.
5) Make the site look more Dynamic.

Edit:
More Suggestions:

6) Make mandatory to provide tutorial(How they chopped it) to chops, by whom have finished top three in any contest. And also PSD file upload. Make optional for others.
7) Make a section to suggest Free Stock Image sites. I think most of us just google for source image and stay deprive from quality source image provided free on some sites.



Please be serious....you all know we need this. Smile




_________________

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:56 pm   Reply with quote         


allow vertical (portrait orientation) sources and entries




Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:17 pm   Reply with quote         


This again?



And don't give me that "If you don't have anything constructive to say..." speech. This has been discussed and debated ad infinitum.




acemanoj

Location: India, mumbai.

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         


digitalpharaoh wrote:
This again?



And don't give me that "If you don't have anything constructive to say..." speech. This has been discussed and debated ad infinitum.


Maybe this will bring a "change" this time....its nothing wrong to keep hope. Sometimes repetition is necessary for effect to take place.
At least this is not a fun game topic for the forum.




_________________

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:23 pm   Reply with quote         


Nope.
Still a dead horse.
Still, nothing will be done about it.
Research the forums.
This has been an ongoing ting since the site converted to the current format.




JORDAN792

Location: Michi-gan

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:42 pm   Reply with quote         


i think we should have a pig that runs from one end of the screen to another......oh shit someone already said that. How about we pimp it with some color at least..... I feel like i'm at a medical wholesale website.




_________________

acemanoj

Location: India, mumbai.

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         


JORDAN792 wrote:
How about we pimp it with some color at least..... I feel like i'm at a medical wholesale website.


Ya colors will be good....Smile Photoshop related sites should be colorful.




_________________

arcaico

Location: Brazil

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:48 pm   Reply with quote         


acemanoj wrote:
Sometimes repetition is necessary for effect to take place.


hmmmm... only effect that will take place with repetition is RSI...




_________________


TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

TheShaman

Location: Peaksville, Southeast of Disorder

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:21 pm   Reply with quote         


100% anon contests have been tried/failed and talked about forever. You have Anon Prize & Thursday Contests right now. Many people dislike them because it takes away from seeing the tips and comments during said contests... Taking away from the 'learning' portion of this site.

Maybe try a best of both worlds? You could keep the author anonymous but still allow everyone to see votes/comments?

I also like the idea of allowing for Portrait orientation for sources and entries. I've had decent sources to submit, and have either had to crop them to make them landscape, or not submit them at all.

I'd also be interested in an ignore/block member feature for the forums.




_________________
T-shirt Designs: http://www.cafepress.com/TheShaman
Help fight breast cancer by becoming an enabler: http://www.cafepress.com/Pinkaholics
Cartoon Contractor

Location: I was here. Now I'm not!

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:28 pm   Reply with quote         


TheShaman wrote:


You could keep the author anonymous but still allow everyone to see votes/comments?

I also like the idea of allowing for Portrait orientation for sources and entries.

I'd also be interested in an ignore/block member feature for the forums.


All good suggestions! thumright




Synthvet

Location: Oregon

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:38 pm   Reply with quote         


This again?



Laughing




_________________
Due to the shape of the North American Elk's esophagus,
even if it could speak, it could not pronounce the word lasagna.
- Cliff Clavin
Sanctuary

Location: in your monitor...

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:29 pm   Reply with quote         






_________________

Oscar

Location: Northern California

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:34 am   Reply with quote         


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...breath...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


change? ask Lurker about change lol




_________________

acemanoj

Location: India, mumbai.

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:02 am   Reply with quote         


arcaico wrote:
acemanoj wrote:
Sometimes repetition is necessary for effect to take place.


hmmmm... only effect that will take place with repetition is RSI...


Laughing at least something is relative to what I said...I was doubtful about that sentence Razz

TheShaman wrote:
100% anon contests have been tried/failed and talked about forever. You have Anon Prize & Thursday Contests right now. Many people dislike them because it takes away from seeing the tips and comments during said contests... Taking away from the 'learning' portion of this site.

Maybe try a best of both worlds? You could keep the author anonymous but still allow everyone to see votes/comments?

I also like the idea of allowing for Portrait orientation for sources and entries. I've had decent sources to submit, and have either had to crop them to make them landscape, or not submit them at all.

I'd also be interested in an ignore/block member feature for the forums.


I think vote should be separated from comments. Means Vote should be added as just numbers(without any thing written/comments)....and if someone wants to particularly comment, he/she could just do it separately. A total different coding for voting system. Votes & chopper's name should not be revealed till the contest end, but comment can be viewed. And if needed....at the end of the contest just show the list of members voted on that particular chop(Some of us like to know who voted who Smile).
I don't know I observed it right or not....but those Thursday's anonymous contest give us some real quality chops. Even some old members chop for those contest in particular.
Ignore/block members on forum, hmm thats a good idea too Smile Reinman has to be afraid of that... Laughing Laughing just kidding Razz




_________________

blue_lurker

Location: Australia

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:27 am   Reply with quote         


I like some of the ideas here, its not change just for change sake, like changing the colour and stuff like that in my opinion there are more important changes that would help the site.

Like
1. High Resolution Quality pics for all
2. Increase upload file size.
3. If used make a link box for externals

The other stuff is more bells and whistles

Ok the anon non-anoun thing Im over honestly. Confused




_________________

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - PIMP my PSC - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.